Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not enough content

Comments

• WheskyWhesky Member Posts: 125
    Originally posted by Raunu
    Originally posted by Grailer

I don't think any MMO even EQNext will provide enough content for players like me who rush to end game and play 24/7

I'm not alone in this because we all know someone is going to post how they got max level in 2 days and that there is no end game content .

They talk about how they are going to make something different but I just cant see how it could be done without creating a boring NW foundry type game which we know will fail .

No MMO will ever provide enough content for players who like to rush to the end and play 24/7. This is a problem with every MMO that comes out and will continue to be a problem until the end of time.

In my opinion. It's not the mmo that's got a problem, it's the player.

SWG, Eve, Planetside 2, EQN, Star Citizen

• swedagoswedago Member UncommonPosts: 78

If you level to max in 2-3 days...  There will be no content for you because you need a group for instances and a raid force for raids.  You just bypassed all the content all by yourself in any game.

Stick to console games buddy.  You are not the gamer MMO Players are looking for...  Move along

• intrinscintrinsc Member UncommonPosts: 98

I don't think any MMO even EQNext will provide enough content for players like me who rush to end game and play 24/7

I'm not alone in this because we all know someone is going to post how they got max level in 2 days and that there is no end game content .

They talk about how they are going to make something different but I just cant see how it could be done without creating a boring NW foundry type game which we know will fail .

How do you make a living if you are logged on all the time playing? 

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Vunak23
    Sandboxes don't have endgame. Go back to WoW. 

^

This.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

^

This.

SWG was a great sandbox game .

I unlocked jedi and maxed abilities and skills , made the best lightsaber possible .

That was pretty much beating the sandbox .

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

^

This.

I unlocked jedi and maxed abilities and skills , made the best lightsaber possible .

That game never got the chance to be a sandbox, try EVE-Online if you have the cohones.

• VonbekVonbek Member Posts: 53

Unless their design is such that the concept of an "end game" is finally abolished.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

thats not the game nor the companies fault..

it is yours.Majority do not play 24/7 and reach max in 2 days

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by intrinsc

How do you make a living if you are logged on all the time playing? 

Im going to put my money on disability or he's a kid.

• KarbleKarble Member UncommonPosts: 750

^

This.

A well built sandbox will provide you with the tools to entertain yourself for years. Moral choices and pvp, Complicated factions, politics, player housing, effecting the lands around you. These keep players hooked for a long time.

Sure the race to get a carrot is a fun element until you have the carrot. Then another expansion with another carrot. But good sandboxes have more than just a simple gear and raid progression. Some also have the gear and raid progression added.

You will have to wait until all is known about EQ Next  before judging it. And even then, not every game is for every type of gamer.

• MalviousMalvious Member UncommonPosts: 218
    Eve is to hard for the narrow minded rushers.

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

• IG-88IG-88 Member UncommonPosts: 143

I don't think any MMO even EQNext will provide enough content for players like me who rush to end game and

True. But for the rest of us with normal lifes and jobs, it will last longer.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

So when you know that you are the problem and not the games..... why even make this topic?

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834
    Originally posted by Karble

^

This.

A well built sandbox will provide you with the tools to entertain yourself for years. Moral choices and pvp, Complicated factions, politics, player housing, effecting the lands around you. These keep players hooked for a long time.

Sure the race to get a carrot is a fun element until you have the carrot. Then another expansion with another carrot. But good sandboxes have more than just a simple gear and raid progression. Some also have the gear and raid progression added.

You will have to wait until all is known about EQ Next  before judging it. And even then, not every game is for every type of gamer.

Which is the thing.. we're still waiting to see what type of gamer this game will appeal to.   Beyond a lot of speculation due to the key PR phrases various SOE people have used.   The actual game may.. or may not deliver what various people are expecting in relation to those PR lines.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Hrimnir

Originally posted by Raunu

No MMO will ever provide enough content for players who like to rush to the end and play 24/7. This is a problem with every MMO that comes out and will continue to be a problem until the end of time.

Wasnt a problem in EQ1, never became a problem.  The whole idea of "end game" was part of WOW.  When leveling times are literally 500+ hours to get to max, people stop trying to rush to 60 or whatevre the cap is and they enjoy the path along the way.

The reality is no developer has the balls to do it that way and tell the customers to take it or leave it.  I honestly bet if the rest of the game was good, well made, etc, more people would take it then leave it.

True open ended and sandbox games offer tons of things to do and it takes a long time to do it.  Asheron's Call and original Everquest are prime examples.  Blame WoW for the rush to level cap mentality because I will most assuredly promise you that EQN's leveling speed will take a long time.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by craftseeker
    Originally posted by swedago

This is definitely one of the most moronic posts I have seen all month.

Yep, but he has at least one truth in there.  Some moron (probably many morons) is going to post how they got to max level in 2 days and there is no end game content. 

.....and I will laugh my socks off at their stupidity.

PS It may very well be Grailer making one of those posts.

Interesting because I remember a few of you Guild Wars 2 fanboys saying the same thing about laughing at people who complained about a lack of endgame. The game released and you got just that, yet I see no more laughing...

i say wait till you actually see the game before making judgments like that. You don't even know if the game is a real sandbox or just marketing terms.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• Tindale111Tindale111 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Originally posted by sethman75

I'm not judging your play style but can you explain this to me.

What enjoyment do you get by maxxing out in 2 days time and then complaining you are bored?

Agreed

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    anyone can play any way they want, but if you like to rush to lvl cap in 2 days dont complain theres not enough content. There is enough content to play at a decent pace as long as they dont add ridiculous exp gain

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

Awesome, a 100% lose lose scenario no matter what.  Man playing mmo's must be fun for you. 

• IadienIadien Member UncommonPosts: 638

Smedley agrees with you! http://www.polygon.com/2012/12/18/3777814/planetside-2-is-just-the-start-of-sony-online-entertainments-free

"Our opinion is that today's MMOs, and I'd include ours in that mix, are stagnant and stuck in this model that we frankly helped create with EverQuest, where we put new content in the game, and they go through it at an incredibly fast rate because of sites like Thottbot and that kind of stuff," Smedley said."

"We need to change the way we do this," Smedley said. "We're building a sandbox and giving players the tools to help shape the world that they're in. That's the direction we're going in with EverQuest Next; trying to make a world that players create while being a living, breathing world around them. It's not just a prop for them to walk around in, which is really what all of today's MMOs are. Their worlds are nothing more than a movie set."

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130

Oh my, I think you will be safe no problem.

Remember how long it took to max out the charm item from the LDON expansion or the wooden figurine from PoP. They will have something to keep you all nighters busy, no worries.

• DejoblueDejoblue Member UncommonPosts: 307
    EVE has 22 years of skills to train. EVE has been out for 10 years. Come back in 12 years and let us know about EVE's end game.
  • donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591
    Sandboxes take time to mature. I recommend not playing the game when it comes out if you are a power leveler. Come back in 6 months.
  • GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by Iadien

Smedley agrees with you! http://www.polygon.com/2012/12/18/3777814/planetside-2-is-just-the-start-of-sony-online-entertainments-free

"Our opinion is that today's MMOs, and I'd include ours in that mix, are stagnant and stuck in this model that we frankly helped create with EverQuest, where we put new content in the game, and they go through it at an incredibly fast rate because of sites like Thottbot and that kind of stuff," Smedley said."

"We need to change the way we do this," Smedley said. "We're building a sandbox and giving players the tools to help shape the world that they're in. That's the direction we're going in with EverQuest Next; trying to make a world that players create while being a living, breathing world around them. It's not just a prop for them to walk around in, which is really what all of today's MMOs are. Their worlds are nothing more than a movie set."

This doesn't make sense .  Is he saying they aren't giving us a game but the tools to make a game ? Or is the game making the game ?

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    Originally posted by Iadien

This doesn't make sense .  Is he saying they aren't giving us a game but the tools to make a game ? Or is the game making the game ?

What would really make you think from reading that, that they weren't giving you a game?  You will get a game, how much players can shape/create/change the game we will have to see.

Everyone has to wait till August 2-3-4 to find out information, and then supposedly information will come out fast, and their will be a lot of interaction.  I would expect a beta date or time frame to probably be announced and not that far off the reveal.  No sense in taking something out of the black box, if you are not going to be ready to release within 4-6 months total.

If it was going to be longer, I would think they would keep it in the box, and had a reveal later imo.