Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horizons or EQII or WoW

nalanala Member Posts: 173
Kinda like the other poll..but I think we need to add another game that is coming out soon....

Comments

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

hahaha too many horizons goers...

u guys.....ive heard form so many,.....the game SUCKS!

• BrazorBrazor Member Posts: 65

Reason #1 to not play EQII:

mURT is going to play

• LansidLansid Member UncommonPosts: 1,097
    Hrrm, if I had to choose... it'd probably be EQ2, only because they sell the best kind of "crack" I've tried so far in the MMORPG world... *shrugs*

"There is only one thing of which I am certain, and that's nothing is certain."

"There is only one thing of which I am certain, and that's nothing is certain."

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

I choose none.

Can someone point to a mmorpg made since DAoC in 2001 that you can say was good and was well spoken about?

None.

Was not too long ago everyone here was singing SWG praises.Now its hated.

Was just less then a month ago people were singing horizons praises.Now everyone getting skeptical.

I still remember the AO hype.

And of course the shadowbane hype that lasted forever.

Since the question was non specific and it means what would i be playing next.

It be horizons since its first to come out.

In the other poll asking me which i would be playing i said EQ2 because its coming out ooner.

Now explain to me why EQ2 or WoW which have not even been tested yet will be better.

It maybe or may not be but i myself prefer to play then sit and wait for years.

So my verdict none of them till I actually play them on live servers.

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

Where is the "all three" choice?  image

These mmorpgs are coming out so far apart there really is no reason to not give them all a try if they look good to you.  Horizons comes out in about a month, EQ2 comes out in about 6 months, and WoW is 9 months minimum and thats with no delays... 

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

EQII BABY!image

*Chest slaps Murt like there was no better football gameimage

Murt and I are gonna kick your scrawny Horizon asses!image

Kiamde

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

Play all 3? Isn't that allot like watching the frist hour of each lord of rings? Sure maybe you'll get the basic plot idea, but how much will you really enjoy it.

I'd hope new MMO's could keep the average player busy for at least a year.

I bet you'll barely make any friends by the time you'd have to switch.... unless of course you have allot more time to play than the average bear.... or you have trained yourself to only sleep on national holidays.

-=-=-=-=-
    A game is only late untill it's released, but it's bad forever.
    A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50%

Games and players have a type. What type are you? click here

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

Well I guess it depends what your after.  I personally wouldnt enjoy playing a mmorpg if it takes more then 6 months of playing before it starts to become fun.  Normally it doesnt take me 6 months to a year to make friends either so that isnt really an issue.

I definately dont mean play all 3 at once either though.  Since they are so far apart there is plenty of time to get to play and enjoy each before the next one comes out.  That way you can make an informed decision about which one you will enjoy best.

Then when you have picked the one for you I would hope it was one you could enjoy for years.  Also as a side note though I think a really well designed mmorpg should keep you entertained for years like EQ did for me, there are many mmorpgs that I enjoyed but only for a few months like DAoC.  Just because It was only fun for a few months didnt make it not worth playing to me.

• UrsaboiUrsaboi Member Posts: 82

hmm

• UrsaboiUrsaboi Member Posts: 82
    How is it possible for Horizons to not be a good game? You can change classes, fight wars against huge undead armies, build your own house and have a guild village, look different than anyone else due to the HUGE diversity in weapons and armors, and the list goes on and on! WHO CARES ABOUT PVP!! It's better to be liked than to be hated. A sense of community, in my opinion, makes a great game. Horizons has it all. Horizons definently gets my vote. 

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

proof is in the play... for all we know wow could suck ass as well. or an army of bald flying monkeys could enslave man-kind in 3...2...1... you just never know.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

Be afraid, be very afraid!

-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

lol monkeys....

Horizons is mostly community and building; a certain crappy MMORPG comes to mind...

COUGH**S.B.**COUGH

Kiamde

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

SB was really about PvP. Hz has none....

-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-

Originally posted by Kiamde

EQII BABY!image

*Chest slaps Murt like there was no better football gameimage

Murt and I are gonna kick your scrawny Horizon asses!image

Kiamde

YEA! woooot!

hahaha we'll show u brazor and others!

• Mattdawgy64Mattdawgy64 Member Posts: 37
    If FFXI (Final Fantasy XI) is up there, id pick that

yea that games gonna be awesome

whens it coming out?

Final Fantasy Online comes out in 10 days but It doesnt look to be in the same class as EQ2, WoW, and Horizons at least from what I have read.  Its more like a first generation mmorpg with 3rd generation graphics.  How can riding giant chickens and having things like moogles in a game be appealing to anyone??

That being said I plan to try it along with all the others.  image

• redtigerredtiger Member Posts: 124
    PvP... whatever...i'll wait for a game that will do PvP right ... for now i'll definitely try Horizons and WoW...EQ2...we'll see

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694
    World of Warcraft will be the last MMORPG.  I will play it good or bad, I've waited to long to play it to back out now.  Any other game doesn't really spark an interest, EQ2 run of the mill with superb graphics, Horizons actually was different but it's only beta right now, and I didn't get in the beta.  So, it looks like its a "wow" life for me!

-- STAFF

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.