Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefall is an interesting game..

tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Its been a while since an MMO has actually confused me,which was actually a welcome feeling,as most MMO's these days you get the hang of it the moment you log in.

Firefall has brought back the noob feeling in me.At least with the crafting and the fleshing out your characters power and skills.Also some of the mechanics in the game,like contributing a certain item to help keep up each outposts power? I think? I dunno,like I said im confused.image

Aside from the annoying UI,I had fun for my first few hours of play.At first I was like most people,bringing up the question "what the hell do I do?"

But the old school explorer in me took over and I unlocked a nice chunk of the available map.Instead of doing thumpers over and over I did the public quests/dynamic events all night.Some of them are ok,some of them are pretty damn fun.The action at times gets so hairy its kind of exhilarating,  I was actually not slumping in my chair for god sakes!

All in all it seems like a pretty interesting,fresh game with some cool ideas.The foundation is definitely there,once they build upon it, the skies the limit.

Comments

• Vion1xVion1x Member Posts: 188

You got a very healthy aproach to the game, but i think that might have something to do with your years in the mmo field and getting bored of the modern mmo-train of just the same game with new textures, thats how i got it anyway. :)

and yes, it has a very solid foundation and i got my faith in the dev team as well, they got an amazing vision and so far they are doing a really good job making that come through.

Glad you also enjoy the game :)

• oGMooGMo Member UncommonPosts: 89

I could only manage to play this for about half an hour due to the extreme lag, server inconsistency, and things breaking.

Let's be honest: this is FFXIV 1.0 all over again. The UI is bad, the servers can't keep up, and apparently the devs aren't taking feedback to heart. If they can at least get things responsive, I'd definitely be willing to try this some more, but right now it's unplayable. The story doesn't entirely make sense either. Direction I literally don't want ... I hate quest-hub-oriented games ... however if you're going to have a weird UI etc, you need to have a lot more explanation, and they don't.

It's a shame, because actually shooting things and jumping around with your jetpack is pretty fun, when you get down to it. Arbitrary class change is a great idea and everyone should do it. And in an MMO shooter like this I wouldn't mind most of the things I've seen people whining about.

But the game has some pretty glaring issues and they need to fix it before it comes out of beta. Unfortunately, I have never seen such huge issues fixed between open beta and launch.

• Vion1xVion1x Member Posts: 188

Meh delete this i cba :(

i'm having fun, gonna leave it at that :)

• BrucyBonusBrucyBonus Member Posts: 220
    Glad you are all having fun- I've managed to get into the game once briefly, the rest of the time it bugs out at some point between opening the patcher and entering the game.  
  • oGMooGMo Member UncommonPosts: 89

Yeah don't get me wrong. I realize I was a bit harsh .. but if anything it's because I really want to play and enjoy this game, and I'm willing to overlook bizarre UI etc because it seems pretty fun. MMO Shooter RPG with crafting ... essentially this strikes me as "what Borderlands should have been".

If they can fix the server lag and related sync bugs etc, I think they will have something, especially if the f2p model is good enough.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

I personally didnt experience any lag when I play.Though I did play at later hours and not prime time.There were still a lot of people around though..

I also havent run unto any bugs yet.

Maybe I just got lucky.

• Sajman01Sajman01 Member Posts: 204

I like the game, some of the mechanics are pretty ballsy. 

We had 6 people doing a bomb deactivate mission where you had to find 3 components. We had found the red one, the white one, and we're waiting for one guy to bring back the black one to complete. There were 4 of us standing in the room with the bomb waiting and some guy just started firing off his gun. He ended up hitting the bomb which caused it to explode instantly killing all of us and we all failed the mission. That was really cool, gave me flashbacks to EQ when games really punished stupid play.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

I was waiting for a good shooter and iam glad Red 5 deliverd this epic rpg shooter.

Its Hard
    It makes you pay for getting cocky
    You need to be aware wtf is comming at you
    Dont stand in the fracking shit or you die
    Crafting requires attention (refining time is insane tough)
    PvP is filled with skilled players who know what they are doing.

its till in beta and iam sure they are working hard to fix lag and bugs, ive seen chat filled with scrubs expection a fully released product again....
    I wonder that goes trough their head when they sign up for a beta :P

Back to playing again ^^

• BrucyBonusBrucyBonus Member Posts: 220
    Originally posted by Mothanos

I was waiting for a good shooter and iam glad Red 5 deliverd this epic rpg shooter.

Its Hard
    It makes you pay for getting cocky
    You need to be aware wtf is comming at you
    Dont stand in the fracking shit or you die
    Crafting requires attention (refining time is insane tough)
    PvP is filled with skilled players who know what they are doing.

its till in beta and iam sure they are working hard to fix lag and bugs, ive seen chat filled with scrubs expection a fully released product again....
    I wonder that goes trough their head when they sign up for a beta :P

Back to playing again ^^

Open Beta with cash shop= soft launch (and I am being generous including the word 'soft').