Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of starting it up, but have a question.

KoddoKoddo Member Posts: 151
Ok, as the title suggests, me and my brother and friend are thinking of picking up FFXI. The question we have is, can the pc players play with the ps2 players? While i have a perfectly good comp to play the game on, my brother doesn't. And he doesn't want to spend a whole lot of money to upgrade g-card and ram to play the game. He wants to play and would spend the money on the ps2 version only if we could play together. If anyone would tell me it would be much appreciated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The pen is mightier than the sword, and authority is mightier than the pen, but the sword is mightier than authority.

If you can't beat 'em, hold 'em off 'till you come up with a better plan.

Comments

• jeep21243jeep21243 Member Posts: 178

he will need to buy a usb keyboard to communicate but yes they work just fine.

• BushidouBushidou Member Posts: 17

2 things:  If he has a PS2 slim version, he will not be able to play FFXI on his PS2.  It requires a PS2 HDD which can only be put in the big fat ones.

Also if you all want to play together it's probally best to get a world pass you can use.  Use the world pass on your first name you create and the rest of your names will be on the server you choose.  Without a world pass you have a 1:16 chance of getting the server you want.  Which means out of pure pobability you have a 1:4096 chance to all be on the server of your choice if there are 3 of you.

Chu...Duty with Loyalty
    Gi...Justice with Morality
    Makoto...Sincerity with Actions
    Rei...Courtesy with Politeness
    Jin...Compassion with Benevolence
    Yu...Courage with Cause
    Meiyo...Honor with Honesty

• LordshadelonLordshadelon Member Posts: 10
    I agree with the everyone here. Also, you can just go and create one account for all three of you to play on, I tried that. Me and my friend weren't able to log on to the game at the same time from multiple comps. So just incase you were thinking of doing that, don't. You'll have to all get separate accounts if you all want to play together.
  • ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Originally posted by Lordshadelon
    I agree with the everyone here. Also, you can just go and create one account for all three of you to play on, I tried that. Me and my friend weren't able to log on to the game at the same time from multiple comps. So just incase you were thinking of doing that, don't. You'll have to all get separate accounts if you all want to play together.

Multiple people on one account can get sticky down the road, too, since Square/Enix will not under any circumstances allow you to move the characters to separate accounts later. And, if you care about such things, it is against the Terms Of Service to do that.

• tempasttempast Member Posts: 18

Yes, you can play with eachother and everything! ps2 can play with pc, and you would never know the difference

but... as stated by others, you do have to get a world pass (you buy it with in-game currency) just make your character first and buy one for a few gil and give it to your friend (and whoever else you can use it for up to 5 people) then you guys are set!

-ffxi

• TheMiracleDTTheMiracleDT Member Posts: 63

I reccomend that one of you start playing first to buy a WorldPass for the others. Here is where:

Windurst: Go into the HUGE Sybil Tree in windurst woods, go to the desk thats straight ahead and buy one from the mithra NPC.

San'doria: I actually don't know, but you can easily find out buy using /shout. Do not use this often, it is noob behavior and FFXI is the most reputation-based MMO ever.

Bastok: Again, I'm not positive but I assume that it is somewhere in the metalworks, which can be found between the two Mog House entrances in Bastok Markets.

If you play on Ragnarok, I'll give you guys 100,000gil to split. This is a HUGE amount for new players, as each beastman drops 20gil tops. FFXI is about earning alone and in groups, I wish you guys luck. If you get onto Raganrok, my name is Ayashi, type "/flist add Ayashi" to friendlist me so I'll know who you are if you're on Ragnarok.

• LordshadelonLordshadelon Member Posts: 10
    Or you could type just /befriend Ayashi, whichever works.