Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firiona has a bow?!

Thunder073Thunder073 Member UncommonPosts: 108

Anyone else think that Firiona having a bow is a hint at a classless system? She is single-handedly the iconic symbol of EQ and of a caster class, yet she is wielding a bow?

What do you guys think this symbolism is meant to represent? Its a very bold statement imho

Comments

• IadienIadien Member UncommonPosts: 638
    The artist tried, and failed horribly, to capture Keith Parkinson's amazing work. That's what I took away from it.
  • ropeniceropenice Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Does look like some magic blue swirl coming off bow. Maybe caster/melee mix for some or all classes.
  • Thunder073Thunder073 Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Yeah i would agree that he failed at recapturing the magic, but I also feel there is more symbolism to be had. Out of everything the picture entails i feel her wielding a bow is the most interesting part of the wallpaper, its very unusual...
  • WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

She's carrying a sword and bow, which makes absolutely 0 sense.

She has either nothing or her staff.

This is like giving santa a handgun lol.

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Thunder073
    Yeah i would agree that he failed at recapturing the magic, but I also feel there is more symbolism to be had. Out of everything the picture entails i feel her wielding a bow is the most interesting part of the wallpaper, its very unusual...

The artist probably never played any EQ game and isn't aware of any lore.

Although you have to wonder how this stuff made it past QA.

Haha Lily well said lol.

Yeah you are right, she is def dual wielding a bow and a sword. In my honest guess I would assume a classless progression system. Why else in the world would they make their cover page art that misleading?

• samuraislyr4samuraislyr4 Member UncommonPosts: 73

Or the bow/sword are summoned. The bow seems to have some sort of glow to it, so this is possible. 

They could also just be messing with us and have a weird silouhette to confuse us. 

• ZanagiZanagi Member Posts: 30
    OMG guys clearly this is a April's fools joke in the middle of July. I mean come on........ Who holds a bow like that. The string above the bracers..... Clearly trolololo.
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Anyone else think that Firiona having a bow is a hint at a classless system? She is single-handedly the iconic symbol of EQ and of a caster class, yet she is wielding a bow?

What do you guys think this symbolism is meant to represent? Its a very bold statement imho

Nothing its just meaningless art work ment to get people talking and hyping a game with no factual basis.

It may be a bold statement to you but then I'm guessing your not a suite in Advertising that gets paid to make everything seem great weither its good or bad as a means for a living.

Originally posted by winter

Nothing its just meaningless art work ment to get people talking and hyping a game with no factual basis.

It may be a bold statement to you but then I'm guessing your not a suite in Advertising that gets paid to make everything seem great weither its good or bad as a means for a living.

ALL artwork has symbolism to it... There is a reason for it. Copy this thread, come August 2nd you will see I was right. It will be a classless system, which is unfortunate because I was really looking forward to a meaningful class system. Non the less i will play and love any EQ game they through at us!

• DejoblueDejoblue Member UncommonPosts: 307
    Firiona got back, she thick  ^^
  • bendwc10bendwc10 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Originally posted by dejoblue
    Firiona got back, she thick  ^^

Yeah.  And she went a little heavy on the lipstick too

• Gallus85Gallus85 Member Posts: 1,092

I thought the artist did a good job with the re-imagining of the classic EQ box art.  Ol' Naggy is looking really cool and I'm liking the more modern look.

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740

She is also holding that bow in a left-handed manner, this obviously indicates that there will be special keyboard mappings for left-handed people.  LOL joke Joyce.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    ummm it is an alternate universe, a reboot
    Originally posted by tkreep

Don't you know anything?

In an alternate universe, everything should always be exactly the same as it was in another universe.

It's science.  Go look it up!

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

• BrizlynBrizlyn Member UncommonPosts: 81

I can handle the art on everything else in the piece, but what he did to Firiona's face is just evil.  and her armor.  and her butt.

Originally posted by Gallus85

Don't you know anything?

In an alternate universe, everything should always be exactly the same as it was in another universe.

Of course, but changing the "face" of EQ will not sit well with fans. =p

Originally posted by craftseeker

She is also holding that bow in a left-handed manner, this obviously indicates that there will be special keyboard mappings for left-handed people.  LOL joke Joyce.

She also has hair flowing in the wind.  That means that the game is going to use the TressFX hair rending software like in Tomb Raider.

She's also wielding a sword, so that means a class is going to be able to swing a sword and shoot arrows at the same time.

Obviously.

Originally posted by Iadien

Don't you know anything?

I feel he did a great job making a modern rendition of the picture, using his own style, and not copying it stroke for stroke. (My opinion of course)

It's familiar, but new.  Exactly what they said EQN was going to be.  It's going to feel like Norrath, but it's not the same place as EQ and EQ2.

Don't you know anything?

He did a pretty good job making a modern rendition of the picture, using his own style, and not copying it stroke for stroke.

It's familiar, but new.  Exactly what they said EQN was going to be.  It's going to feel like Norrath, but it's not the same place as EQ and EQ2.

I get it, but that doesn't mean it won't annoy many people, only because it's FV.

Don't you know anything?

He did a pretty good job making a modern rendition of the picture, using his own style, and not copying it stroke for stroke.

I get it, but that doesn't mean it won't annoy many people, only because it's FV.

That's understandable.  People on here are worried about how big the game's shoulder pads are going to be, so nothing surprises me.

• DejoblueDejoblue Member UncommonPosts: 307

Firiona wearin a thong tha thong thong, thongs in EQN CONFIRMED!

And why is the bow string on the outside of her wrist?

On a  serious note, the new Firiona looks really young, is EQN a prequel?

Originally posted by dejoblue
    Firiona wearin a thong tha thong thong, thongs in EQN CONFIRMED!

Probably.  Vanguard got a lot of flack for making the female characters look too "Modest".  People commented all the time on the forums that the female armor in Vanguard looked like something a conservative christian/mormon would be wearing lol.

I think they're going to be giving the female models a little "sex appeal".  Personally I hope there is enough variety and armor customization utilities to choose how your character looks and appeal to people who like, and don't like the "Tera butt-floss titty cup" armor style for females.

I remember my wife picked an Iksar in EQ2 just because it was the only female character model that didn't have huge jugs.  

She grew found of the emote that made her Iksar say in a raspy voice "Is it mating season!?"

Hawt.

• xxxxxx1xxxxxx1 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Does she represent PVP? lol....