Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 is a success no matter how you feel about it.

14567810»

Comments

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by wsmar
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by caetftl
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by Torgrim

Why I made this thread is that I've read several post during the months from people who are looking for a new game or just babbling about......something....

What they all wrote is that GW2 is fail.

Sure it was a fail in their opinion, nothing else, they felt the game was a true failure and the rest  of us who really likes it are fanboys and dont know what a good game really is.

The point with this thread is simple, the game is not a fail but it might be a fail in your book your personal book and that is not important for the rest of us who enjoys it.

The game can be considered a fail, but it might be a success in your personal book, but that is not important to the majority of players who bought the game, who no longer play. 

LOL - the MAJORITY of my guild bought it new and are still playing. Please don't speak for others with YOUR OPINION. You show disrespect to other players that way.

All of my guild, and my friends guild, and my other friends guild and my other friends guild bought it new and stopped playing long ago.  If you honestly believe that gw2 has retained the majority of its players you are living under a rock, and don't actually look at the world, only your own little circle. 

I don't think GW2 lost a majority of players - sure I know guilds that have left - many smaller guilds  but others have came into the game.

To say that the Majority have left - is not only dishonest but just to support your own claim in that you left.  Every NA server is High or Very high in population.

The majority of NA servers are actually medium, and that's during prime time my friend. I was there when the game launched, and I log on every now and again. They have lost a ton of players. It is a fact.

Just looked - sorry - very high to high.  There is no fact if you can't prove it.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

If you were among one of the most observant you would have a much better understanding of populations.  Blackout events prove nothing about CONCURRENT users... Their goal was 1500 per server, that's pretty low, but you can't blame them, their server technology and netcode are kinda weak (as proven by wvw)

Try to look at things objectively, you are a very pro-gw2 person, I am not an anti-gw2 person, I wanted the game to be everything it promised, but i'm not going to pretend it is, when it isn't. 

1.  Devs themselves said goal was 1500 concurrent initially.

2.  Every metric that has shown accurate correlation between it's statistics and the health of mmos has shown gw2 to have a severe almost catastrophic drop off.  Funny how these metrics aren't allowed to count for gw2 though right?  Because gw2 is the magic child that magically can't be measured. 

3.  Devs have stated they adjust server caps up and down.

Eh.. what are you babbling about. Blackout events were all about the number of players logged on at that point in time. When a server shows FULL, it's because of the number of players actively logged on at that moment, in game. We'd have blackout events where a huge chunk of the WvW community (and many willing PvE folks if we could) would log out at once, temporarily dropping the population from Full to Very High. This would allow a chunk (at least) of the transferring guild to make it across to the server before it hit Full again. Some guilds we'd have to have a few of these blackouts during the course of a week to get them all in. This is simple fact. It happened. We did it. For your list...

1. Source? Besides, who cares about initially? It's now that matters, and now is growing.

2. What are these magic metrics that you use? What catastrophic drop offs? ANet themselves have put out that after an initial drop after launch they've had a slow, steady increase in players logged on.

3. Again, source? We know for a fact that they've been increasing them, any tidbits on the opposite? You seem to be the only one with this "knowledge". 

Oderint, dum metuant.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

As far as GW2 server population caps:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Server-capacity-increased-again/1799598

3 months ago Colin Johanson said this:

Due to a number of servers approaching full with a recent influx of new players from the sale on Gw2 that just ended, the server capacity was recently increased for a number of servers yes.

Take it for what it's worth.