Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should free and preferred players have at least limited support?

2»

Comments

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by Phry
    F2P and Preferred do get support, just submit a ticket from the website. The only difference that P2P players have is that they can use live support in game. Which just means their at the head of the queue, if there is one.image

Makes no sense because i know F2P players who spend a lot more than someone who is paying 15 bucks a month as a subscriber. BW didn't take these players into consideration now did they?

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• ImperialSunImperialSun Member Posts: 212
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Originally posted by Phry
    F2P and Preferred do get support, just submit a ticket from the website. The only difference that P2P players have is that they can use live support in game. Which just means their at the head of the queue, if there is one.image

Makes no sense because i know F2P players who spend a lot more than someone who is paying 15 bucks a month as a subscriber. BW didn't take these players into consideration now did they?

And what about the subs who spend as much if not more than the F2P players you know in the CM AND maintain a monthly sub on top of that?

Driz

Originally posted by simplius
    Originally posted by ImperialSun

So let me get this right, OP is suggesting non paying users receive the same service as a full paying customer? Wow :)

And before anyone barks on about f2p players do pay in some form or another, let me give you an example:

That would be like me having a basic Sky TV package (I am still a paying customer) and expecting to recieve the same level of service as someone who subscribes to the full TV package....

If you want the full service, then pay for it like everyone else...whats wrong with you people??

Driz

as a preferred player, i have spend over 100$ on this game

and you consider it good business, to treat me , as anyone, who havent spend a dime?

this is like restrooms in stores,,everybody gets to use them,,even a guy, who havent bought anything yet

And as a subscriber, you knew the limitations associated with moving to preferred status. You knew for example, one of the limitations was based around support services...

Now, do you think it is fair and equitable to say "Hey I dont want to pay for this game so I will drop to preferred status because that suits my pocket and/or perception of the games value to me as a player.....although in a few months time I will then try to cherry pick the things I really wanted to keep from my sub and demand they are given to me free, even though I knew at the time I reduced my sub to preferred status that these things were not included?"

The customer is always right as they say, however that seems very disingenuous to me.....you knew part of dropping to preferred meant no support, only to later claim BW at fault for not including such support provisions within the preferred status...either you wanted to drop to preferred and pay no money.....or you wanted to keep your sub and keep the support....to try and hedge the deal so that it suits you every which way is a poor show in my view...

Driz

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by waynejr2

You are pushing.  You know how you can get the support you want by subbing. 

The little game you are playing won't work with me.  You ask for an inch but you will take more than that.  They should not cave into your demands.

I just randomed into this.

I have played tor as a sub since the start.

You are so full crap it's pretty funny. They are useless.

Absolutely useless.

Little game people are playing with you? Seriously? You aren't a megalomaniac super villain. You are a geek on the forums like the rest of us.

That being said. No they rarely support even those of us that pay. F2p should have basic proper working support. All businesses do. It cost me 12 bucks an hour to have customer service rep x1 . x10? 120 an hour?

THAT IS CHUMP CHANGE compared to what I pull in with said CS.

Look you want to defend dumb business practices with your crazy ass way of speaking? That's fine. Don't make the thread dumber though by spouting nonsense.

You clearly have the business sense of a sloth.

Originally posted by Astropuyo
    Originally posted by waynejr2

You are pushing.  You know how you can get the support you want by subbing. 

The little game you are playing won't work with me.  You ask for an inch but you will take more than that.  They should not cave into your demands.

I just randomed into this.

I have played tor as a sub since the start.

You are so full crap it's pretty funny. They are useless.

Absolutely useless.

Little game people are playing with you? Seriously? You aren't a megalomaniac super villain. You are a geek on the forums like the rest of us.

That being said. No they rarely support even those of us that pay. F2p should have basic proper working support. All businesses do. It cost me 12 bucks an hour to have customer service rep x1 . x10? 120 an hour?

THAT IS CHUMP CHANGE compared to what I pull in with said CS.

Look you want to defend dumb business practices with your crazy ass way of speaking? That's fine. Don't make the thread dumber though by spouting nonsense.

You clearly have the business sense of a sloth.

"THAT IS CHUMP CHANGE compared to what I pull in with said CS."

Of course you do, its interesting that every person who plays as either F2P or preferred...ALL claim they spend a vast amount on the CM, its easy to throw comments around when you cannot be called out as a liar yourself....

For info, BW have already stated based on their own metrics that subs are responsible for the majority of CM purchases by far :)

So this whole "I dont pay a penny to play the game but single handedly keep the game alfoat with my CM purchases so give me everything thats subs get for free" arguement is getting really, really old :)

Just saying...

Driz

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by Lowcaian

Last night I was creating an alt. I misspelled the name and decided to recreate the character. I accidentally deleted one of my level 10 characters. Now the mistake was all mine and I was tired. The problem was that while I thought clicked on the character I was about to delete and typed in "Delete" in the box. It looks like I clicked just in between in the character list so my highlighted level 10 remained highlighted. Stupid but it can happen.

What if it had been my level 48 main?

I can understand not having the same support when it comes to minor problems, stuck characters and loot drops. These are not make or break stuff but the character deletion has the potential to be.

Should they restore characters in such cases even if you are not a subscriber (I can't believe it will add much workload as it does not happen very often)?

Had it been my main I'd probably called it quits and in the future someone else might very well do so if he/she does the same mistake.

I am preferred and shop from time to time in the Cartel Market so I am a customer technically speaking.

I think YOU , OP, learned a valuable lesson about paying attention to what YOU do, since YOU are the one that deleted YOUR character, YOU are the one that caused the trouble, not some support group locked away in cubes, no, they are not the ones that deleted your character, YOU are the one that did the deletion, YOU are the one that clicked confirm when asked if YOU were sure YOU wanted to delete said character, YOU are the one here now complaining that YOU did something wrong and would like someone else to fix YOUR mistakes.

My point is to light this "Straw-Man" complaint afire. This isn't a "TOR" has bad support thread. This is another "I made a mistake and want someone else to fix it.", thread.

Originally posted by Four0Six

Last night I was creating an alt. I misspelled the name and decided to recreate the character. I accidentally deleted one of my level 10 characters. Now the mistake was all mine and I was tired. The problem was that while I thought clicked on the character I was about to delete and typed in "Delete" in the box. It looks like I clicked just in between in the character list so my highlighted level 10 remained highlighted. Stupid but it can happen.

I can understand not having the same support when it comes to minor problems, stuck characters and loot drops. These are not make or break stuff but the character deletion has the potential to be.

Should they restore characters in such cases even if you are not a subscriber (I can't believe it will add much workload as it does not happen very often)?

Had it been my main I'd probably called it quits and in the future someone else might very well do so if he/she does the same mistake.

I am preferred and shop from time to time in the Cartel Market so I am a customer technically speaking.

I think YOU , OP, learned a valuable lesson about paying attention to what YOU do, since YOU are the one that deleted YOUR character, YOU are the one that caused the trouble, not some support group locked away in cubes, no, they are not the ones that deleted your character, YOU are the one that did the deletion, YOU are the one that clicked confirm when asked if YOU were sure YOU wanted to delete said character, YOU are the one here now complaining that YOU did something wrong and would like someone else to fix YOUR mistakes.

My point is to light this "Straw-Man" complaint afire. This isn't a "TOR" has bad support thread. This is another "I made a mistake and want someone else to fix it.", thread.

This man wins the thread....

A classic case of I made a mistake, I knew I had no support when I made the mistake so now I will make a thread berating the company for not giving me something I knew I would not be receiving....because now my own incompetence means I NEED some support....

Driz

• LowcaianLowcaian Member Posts: 265

A classic case of I made a mistake, I knew I had no support when I made the mistake so now I will make a thread berating the company for not giving me something I knew I would not be receiving....because now my own incompetence means I NEED some support....

Driz

By this logic your character shouldn't be restored if you are a subscriber either. The site is by the way ambiguous about wether preferred has support, not just ingame or none at all like free to play. The other guy don't know what straw man is, does he?

Driz

By this logic your character shouldn't be restored if you are a subscriber either. The site is by the way ambiguous about wether preferred has support, not just ingame or none at all like free to play. The other guy don't know what straw man is, does he?

No I think your logic is flawed...subscribers do get full support and they KNOW this. It's one of the benefits of being a subscriber. So a subscriber who deletes a toon through incompetence SHOULD expect it to be restored.

Also, the guy whos post I quoted does indeed understand what a straw man is.....

The OP made a post slamming BW for their terrible level of support, hoping that everyone would jump on board and start ripping into BW as well. The reality turns out to be that he had no support, he knew he had no support and only decided to play smoke and mirrors about it when he deleted a toon via his own incompetence.

To then dress that up as BW has shocking support in order to attract the rest of the herd and bash BW is exactly what a straw man is....

Driz

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

I know this is a "should " thread but eric has at least updated why preferred and/or F2P players can't post on the forums.

Unread Yesterday , 08:38 PM | #13 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

Should we allow Free-to-Play users on the forums? This is a question we also discussed internally during the transition. The problem isn't so much in the subscriber or free player's value in using the forums, but in the accessibility.

If a F2P player can just sign up for an account and begin posting, then anyone in theory could post on the forums fairly easily. The problem this creates is one of moderation. It would be very easy for someone to make an account and begin spamming the forums. If we ban that account, they just make another one immediately.

In theory allowing F2P players to post would even allow subscribing forum users who have been banned to create new accounts and continue to break forum rules without any real worry of consequences. We have definitely considered just opening a F2P forum, but it would be a little wild west in there and is unlikely something we would do. Again, that is due to moderation challenges.

Hopefully that makes sense. We realize it can be a little tricky for F2P players to get questions answered, but they still have the ability to do so in-game, on social media, and on our fan sites pages.

-eric

So there are the reasons for it. It was posted last night.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• LowcaianLowcaian Member Posts: 265

Driz

No I think your logic is flawed...subscribers do get full support and they KNOW this. It's one of the benefits of being a subscriber. So a subscriber who deletes a toon through incompetence SHOULD expect it to be restored.

Also, the guy whos post I quoted does indeed understand what a straw man is.....

The OP made a post slamming BW for their terrible level of support, hoping that everyone would jump on board and start ripping into BW as well. The reality turns out to be that he had no support, he knew he had no support and only decided to play smoke and mirrors about it when he deleted a toon via his own incompetence.

To then dress that up as BW has shocking support in order to attract the rest of the herd and bash BW is exactly what a straw man is....

Driz

No, he stated that it was the fact that it was my own fault  as the  reason that I should get no support, not the fact that I did not subscribe so therefore my logic holds.

I never said the support was terrible. I asked if f2p and preferred should get limited support. By limited I mean support in important matters. A lootdrop in an instance that bugs out is not important, most people can live with that. Loosing the character is as important as it gets in the game. If I had been level 46 instead of level 6 I would have uninstalled. That means that the $100 I have spent at the Cartel Market is all they are going to get. Had in this hypothetical level 46 situation limited support existed they might have either gained a subscription or at the very least gotten another $2-400 from the Cartel Market so yes it is bad business.

It is however moot since I no longer play the game.