Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Repopulation: PvP Shines in the Spotlight

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The developer blog on The Repopulation site has been updated with a topic sure to be of keen interest to fans of the forthcoming game. The team focuses on PvP action and the various ways it will play out in the game.

Our primary goal for PvP was to avoid the “capture the fort” style of PvP gameplay where it was more of a minigame or time sink and had no repercussions for your actions. We still offer some common available options such as military ranks and perks that come with extended PvP experience as a reward, but we want the rewards to go far beyond that in something more tangible and persistent. The Contested regions exist between the OWON and FPR faction controlled areas. Once a player enters a contested region they are open to PvP, but don't expect a never-ending you-versus-the-server gankfest. If you are OWON or FPR, your entire faction is friendly to you, while the opposing faction is hostile. Rogue nations can be friendly, neutral, or hostile based on their alliance setting. The contested regions are fairly large and include missions, engagements, resources, creatures and plots of land that can be used to build nation cities.

Read the rest of the comprehensive PvP design on The Repopulation's site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Hmm. No word on if there will be looting on the hardcore server...
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Same here tierless. This is the first info I do not particularly care for though.

Pvp zones, and a hardcore (thus far) lawless system.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • wowcloneswowclones Member Posts: 127
    Wicked pic! @Jeremy I believe that's what the "hardcore" is going to be on the hardcore server, full loot, as PVP is on normal server.
  • TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

The game is still in alpha.  It is taking foooooorrrrrrevvvvvverrrrrr. 

At one time I was like, I can't wait.  Now I'm like, 'are we there yet, yawn'.

As much as I was holding out hope for this one, my interest is moving more toward Archeage lately. Then there is the problem with all the time and energy I've poured into Rift.  When the time comes it will be hard to leave because I'm a one game at a time person.

• Muerte_XMuerte_X Member Posts: 104
    Originally posted by Terranah

The game is still in alpha.  It is taking foooooorrrrrrevvvvvverrrrrr. 

At one time I was like, I can't wait.  Now I'm like, 'are we there yet, yawn'.

As much as I was holding out hope for this one, my interest is moving more toward Archeage lately. Then there is the problem with all the time and energy I've poured into Rift.  When the time comes it will be hard to leave because I'm a one game at a time person.

With regards to time frame, they said they will release when it is ready. Their best guess was Q4 2013. How is it taking forever if we are not even to their best guess release date? I would much rather wait and have a fun, compelling, complete game at launch than a rushed turd.

Often lurking, rarely posting

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

This game really does look amazing, its taking a very long time because it is a very very small team operating on a minimal budget.  But they seem very dedicated and work hard I am sure.

The website is full of great info, the list of skills is amazing and numerous with  a combat system that looks like a lot of fun . Such as being able to do leg shots, and arm shots that give different penalties such as reduced mobility or reduced aim.

This looks like an amazing none fantasy Sandbox.