Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why the negativity?

I'm a bit confuzzled to be honest.

DnL webby is filled with positive peeps and the odd fanboi. Here it is the total opposite.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but no one here has played SOG, have they? How do you know its gonna be SO bad? Jack, u make sure in every post, regardless of the ops question/post that this game is gonna blow. I aint gonna suggest you got no life, in my work i have 5 hours where i must stay in the office but can surf the internet with no fear of reprimand.

But seriously guys, whats SO bad about the game. So they havent released much info, so they are 4 months away from release! I can appreciate that the pioneer thing was a bit dodgy, but to the average working man $60 is nothing anyway. I've certainly bought console games at that price for me to stop playing after a few hours.

Really, I'm curious what the game has done to you to make you hate it with such a passion, ESPECIALLY considering you havent even played it yet!!! Also if it goes tits up, will you stay here getting a tingly feeling of joy each time someone posts moaning about it, or will there be bigger fish to fry. I HATE D&D I HATE VANGUARD I HATE ........

Only time will tell, but if it turns out its crap then I for one will be miffed, I was looking forward to a fresh game to enjoy with all my mates. Not praying that it will fail.

Oh and if I remember rightly a lot of you said the pioneer keys would only sell 1000 odd. Curious, if you were wrong about that, perhaps you will be wrong about the game.

Anyway I'll wrap up. For your sakes, I hope the game is the worst in recent history with people going to burn down the Farlan/NPcube buildings in hatred. Just IMAGINE the kick youd get outta that!!

I'll be floating around DnL forums. The people there know about as much as you, but they are an altogether more positive bunch.

Comments

• JimiKJimiK Member UncommonPosts: 22

::::08::

very nice post, and dont worry - itll be great and all the naysayers will slap their foreheads for being so stupid and then rapidly buy and dl the game to be able catch up with us.

Ill wave at you guys from the broad back of my dragon.

- J

• snaggletoothsnaggletooth Member Posts: 23

" regardless of the ops question/post that this game is gonna blow."

It will. I've seen the beta and compared to games like DAOC , L2 , WoW , EQ2 it's a complete joke. It really should be cancelled.

Why the negativity? Well maybe because they charged people $60.00 for something that isn't anywhere near finished and don't even let them play test it first before having to buy it. Ya that might just do it for people with half a brain in their heads!

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Originally posted by blunder1983

I'm a bit confuzzled to be honest.
    DnL webby is filled with positive peeps and the odd fanboi. Here it is the total opposite.

AD makes sure that the DnL webby is just chock full of positve vibrations. Try making a post over there saying how you think DnL may lack in any way and find out how fast the post will be locked.

I miss DAoC

• blunder1983blunder1983 Member Posts: 52

Beta is precisely that, beta. The game they release in 5months from now will be improved upon. As for comparing it to EQ2 and WOW, well I played them both for about a day and logged off. What was so good about them? Quests were bland and destroyed crafting (which I am a big fan of). That doesnt answer the question you quoted either, if someone is asking a question relating to DnL why do you all need to jump on board and flame it to hell?

As for your reasoning for the negativity, your argument is false yet again. You people did not pay $60. Nor have you experienced the game you have ordered, you wont be able to until next year. Those who HAVE paid for the game arent complaining. The vast majority are making a bit of a gamble but comeon, its only $60!!! People piss through that in one game of cards in vegas! So we paid for it, if its good we're happy, if its bad, then it can go alongside almost every other mmorpg.

By your reasoning the only people who are legitamately able to complain are those who have paid for the pioneer pack and then played the final release and discovered it isnt any where near release in terms of content and bugs.

Oh and you missed my last question, if the game does go tits up, are you gonna wallow in others misery or spread the negativity to another game? (I'm guessing it'll be like shooting fish in a barrel overhere and after you get that tingly glow of satisfaction that all the hatred spewing from you you'll wanna move on)

"As for comparing it to EQ2 and WOW"

dude if you seriously think DnL is going to be a game like World of warcraft or eq2 or even begin to approach games like that than I feel sorry for you and you should consider getting a lobotomy to complete your transformation completely.

• blunder1983blunder1983 Member Posts: 52

Erm, YOU were the person drawing comparisons on DnL between EQ2 and WOW, look 2 posts up.

Its clear you know masses more about the game than me, so I'm curious, in your extensive playtesting what struck you as the worst aspects of the game? What about the best? How do you know the game is going to bomb?

Its hilarious that neither you or Jack actually answered any of the questions I asked!! :D So ones this game bombs are you gonna wallow in the negativity or bring it on to another no good EVIL mmorpg, there are SO many to choose from your spoilt for choice!!

And for your complaint Jack we can edit it slightly and come up with a great tag for these forums...

Try making a post over here saying how you think DnL may be good in any way and find out how fast the post will be spammed incessantly by people who hate the game without having even played it.

It seems quite a hypocrasy that one is fine but the other is evil and a conspiracy to steal money and possibly take over the world/drink the blood of virgins/slaughter kittens and puppies.

I actually find your hatred quite endearing, but i wish you lot wouldnt be so selective with your question answering, your not fooling anyone avoiding the majority of the questions. But really, what did these people do to you? Its so awesome you have such utter hatred for something people have spent loads of time making and creating. Where is your mmorpg, if you are so infinitely wise surely the mmorpg u could make would become the leader in its field!!

• EQTarbosEQTarbos Member Posts: 130

I paid for it it is 60 bucks who gives a shit 60 bucks is like 2 hours at work for me im not really caring
    for the whole wow shit that game blows. eq II was a damn marketing stratigy to get everyone from eq 1
    eq II should have been a stand alone game. i went back to DAOC i like the feel of the game. SOG is not the full game that i payed 60 bucks for it is Dark and Light that will be released in April 2006 um it is still 2005
    so if i get to play and able to play before it comes out i can't wait 60 bucks? hum i get to play 6 months before it comes out wow 10 bucks a month on any other game. so really am i just paying to use the servers on sog? and getting the game for free?

• Willyp76Willyp76 Member Posts: 61
    I will tell you why there is so much negetive feed back.  These people could not get into beta and are bitter i cant seem to get into beta but im not bitter.  I cant wait to try this game out.  I have friends that are in beta and they love it.  they say alot of good stuff about it and the players from the lowca server from SWG is planing on making a guild for lowca server players I dont know if i was suppost to say that but any way i think its going to be a good game.
  • GrimReapezGrimReapez Member Posts: 463

Why the negativity? Well maybe because they charged people $60.00 for something that isn't anywhere near finished and don't even let them play test it first before having to buy it. Ya that might just do it for people with half a brain in their heads!

This obviously shows that you don't know ANYTHING about Dark and Light because everyone wasn't FORCED to pay for this, it was just made an option for those who wish to pay for it.

Noob!

-
    Do not hate it, but instead embrace the diversity.

"Its clear you know masses more about the game than me, so I'm curious, in your extensive playtesting what struck you as the worst aspects of the game? What about the best? How do you know the game is going to bomb? Its hilarious that neither you or Jack actually answered any of the questions I asked!! "

I can post plenty but it would just get deleted. There were plenty of beta tester leaks posted here in the past and every single one of them were bad. Why post things if they just get deleted. You can't PM on these boards otherwise I would PM you and explain why the game is a big POS. All the fools who ordered are going to be sitting around in a big chat room looking at the terrain. But I guess for some people thats enough to spend $60 on. I need to find those people. I have things to sell.

• clinteastclinteast Member UncommonPosts: 159

Originally posted by snaggletooth
    "Its clear you know masses more about the game than me, so I'm curious, in your extensive playtesting what struck you as the worst aspects of the game? What about the best? How do you know the game is going to bomb? Its hilarious that neither you or Jack actually answered any of the questions I asked!! "
    I can post plenty but it would just get deleted. There were plenty of beta tester leaks posted here in the past and every single one of them were bad. Why post things if they just get deleted. You can't PM on these boards otherwise I would PM you and explain why the game is a big POS. All the fools who ordered are going to be sitting around in a big chat room looking at the terrain. But I guess for some people thats enough to spend $60 on. I need to find those people. I have things to sell.

Well me personally i dont listen to other peoples views/opinions. I make my own. I am just looking forward to playing a game that is free for 6 months. Yes the game will not have many features implented in it but i have played plenty of beta games that are poor and as long as i can kill mobs and other players and possibly explore some of the world then thats ok by me. Hope the community is pleasant in the game.

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

What you call negativity and I call realism is mainly for three reasons the  refusal by NP3 to let anyone see their game or release any information, the lack of progress since they missed their 1st release date in 2002 and the simalarities in development between DnL and other games that failed at release like Shadowbane, SWG, Horizons, Wish, Irth, and Mourning.

If DnL would be up front with people and actually show us the game rather than a generic featureless stall job like SoG, drop the NDA and stop appearing to be afraid to let people hear and see the game people might think differently about DnL.  But no rather than let people play a smaller version of the DnL beta they have to go to all this trouble to create a fake DnL called SoG and act like its something different than what people are playing in beta. 

All I have seen from fanboys is personal attacks and a request to leave the forums against anyone who disagrees with their dream.  What we don't see from any of the fanboys is any actual reasonong why DnL might actually suceed all we see is blind faith and insults.  Most of us who express doubt and skeptism about DnL have been fans of DnL for 3-4 years and I would guess much longer than most if not all of the fanboys.   Further I sincerely doubt there is a critic of DnL on this board who is not rooting that we are wrong and that DnL turns out to be a quality game.

• JimiKJimiK Member UncommonPosts: 22

As Ive said so many times before: You have the option of NOT buying the game - noones holding a gun to ur head are they?
    That they didnt release it before was THEIR decision, and THEY ALONE are responsible for ppl losing interest.
    If they wanna screw it up - let them, whats it to you? There are lots of other games out there to be played - youre free to get on any and all of them so why get so upset with this one?

We all know devs rerely keep early promises and its just a simple fact as that - they dont! But we can opt NOT to play their game - its our constitutional right, right alongside freedom of speech.

So to prevent u all from ulcers, grey hairs and what not - stop being such crybabys! Dont buy the game!

Im gonna enjoy my copy of it tho ::::02::

- J

• bugzonlsdbugzonlsd Member Posts: 410
    Nah no thx I'll pass on this game, but I will give the game a try for a fair shake, I just doubt It's what all the swg players are gonna be able to use as a bounceback, Looking into the future I will say this, Startrek online could be very promising, but a beta may not even be out till late 06' or early 07, anyhow in that time I'd advize just backing off the MMORPG's for a while, unless your the typical Eve, WoW or EQ2 fanatic, your not gonna find what your after, it's just not out there right now.
  • chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

I was a follower and sucker... rrr buyer of the beta for mourning, ahh the game we all love to hate. I defended that game till , well, I played it... nothing against DnL, but everything is looking so much as mourning, I am shocked to see so many who know of mourning to actually trust in any off side company such as this to throw their money at it. Eh, I guess as many of you who warned me before, I shall say it now. Told ya so.

You probably are thinking as I did with the game I followed, "you don't know anything, your just a troll", nope haven't said one thing here on dnl, look at my history. I say it now thou because as with mourning ,I have followed this title , watched all the comments, basically working my way threw the crap and seeing what is there as I did with the other game. This one is following EXACTLY as the other.

We were told in that other title many things that well, as testers then paying testers that were well, plain all out lies, Now I am not saying anything about beta in dnl or affiliations, but you know ,have you seen any posting anywhere on the issue? have you really looked? because if you have, you would be canceling your order now if you did.

As a past "sucker" of these fly by night outfits, I am just saying , save your bucks, if you don't mind throwing the cash away, well then by all means, Mind you mourning didn't hurt me in anyway financially, 20 bucks was 20 bucks, but I did feel really used. Eh, live and learn is all I got to say, good luck all the same. As with darkfall I say this one gets the "vaporware" seal of approval.

Chaintm

Chaintm

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• cHAWEcHAWE Member Posts: 8

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

PPL Flaming DnL = Fanboys of other games 

Nerds stop flamin´

BECOUSE I CAN

funny thing is mourning still looked more finished than dnl in many ways.  laugh

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726

quit trolling snaggletooth, im going to report you.

• infra172infra172 Member UncommonPosts: 145

He makes a valid point. I reported you for flaming.

blank

thank you, but i wasnt flaming. i was merely asking him not to troll, if he has nothing nice to say all about DnL then maybe he shouldnt be posting here (since he hates it obviously so much).

• infra172infra172 Member UncommonPosts: 145

What is wrong with you? This is "General Discussion". People have legitimate problems with this game and the company making it. If you want to chat with people who won't tell you the truth and will only say positive things about the game, I suggest you go to the Dark and Light website. They have no shortage of useful idiots but I'm sure they'll take you in.

If we're only supposed to say nice things about games why don't we change the ranking system so that we can only give games a 10?

blank

im just wondering here...but, how in the world does he have any legitimate problem with the game...he has never even played it. im not even a fan of this game, but i would like to give it a try. good luck with your flaming and personal attacks, i hope its working well for you.

• DhaemanDhaeman Member Posts: 531

The preorder was in essence buying retail money hacks. Five months of gold that no one else has access to? Give me a break. The limited preorders and the absurd bonuses that follow make the game unbalnanced for everyone on retail day 1. I just don't feel the company respects their fans very much and I have trouble believing they will release such a great game. So, to answer your question: I stopped visiting DnL's website the day I read about preorders. But I love mmorpg.com. But I still have opinions (either informative or negative) and I'm bored and want to post about them. I'm sure others feel the same.

With that said, I'll still try out SoG but it's important to keep in mind that so far DnL offers us nothing new - not gameplay, not graphics, not customer service. Until they do, I don't see much to praise. I believe December 8th we will find out just what is to be believed about this game and this company.

• zlo2003zlo2003 Member Posts: 9

The negativity around D&L is simply because the developers have no experience developing games alone, leave alone MMOs. Their real job is rendering software. That's why D&L has a lot of pretty much empty land.

D&L is not finished, there is no info simply cause the beta servers were down for the majority of september, october and maybe november. My friend got into beta with the last wave of beta testers, yet he didnt play the game yet...

The SoG will start within 2 days, and I'll laugh so hard when ppl will finally see how bad D&L is :D

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by zlo2003

The SoG will start within 2 days, and I'll laugh so hard when ppl will finally see how bad D&L is :D

Just out of curiosity. Why would one "laugh" if a game turns out to be bad? Isn't that a little too...

melodramatic?

Out of the ten years of playing MMOs, Ive noticed MMO gamers are an unusual lot. Some people will talk badly about a game (which is VERY normal) and then some will hate the game so badly that I swear they break out in hate hives on their backs everytime they log onto a forum and post about the game they so avidly hate.

What makes DnL interesting is that the game hasn't been released yet. Which, out of my years playing and modding MMOs, definetely would define this event as an unusual anamoly. Very strange indeed.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.