Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shadowrun Returns Coming July 25 to PC/ios/android

NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

http://kotaku.com/shadowrun-returns-slips-from-the-shadows-july-25-513994374

Shadowrun Returns is currently available for preorder on Steam for $17.99, with simultaneous worldwide release planned for PC, Android tablets and iPad July 25.

http://boardgamegeek.com/blogcategory/458

Shadowrun Returns Coming July 25
Shadowrun Returns is a turn-based tactical shooter similar to XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Unlike XCOM, however, this game is based in the Shadowrun universe which combines genres of cyberpunk, urban fantasy and crime, with occasional elements of conspiracy fiction, horror and detective fiction (thank you, Wikipedia). Well, PocketGamer has reported that this RPG is coming to both iOS and Android on July 25th.

Comments

• I'd already preordered it. I hope it's as good as it looks from the gameplay footage I've seen. I wish somebody would make a D&D-based game like that. I loved the tactical challenges of the old Gold Box games.
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by Axxar
    I'd already preordered it. I hope it's as good as it looks from the gameplay footage I've seen. I wish somebody would make a D&D-based game like that. I loved the tactical challenges of the old Gold Box games.

I love these strategy based RPGs. FF Tactics is still one of my fondest gaming memories. When I finally saw the gameplay of Shadowrun Returns, I felt all giddy. I am most interested to see what the community does the with editor tools. Knowing how well the community does when given some creative freedoms, I have a feeling that Shadowrun Returns could be a sleeper hit.

Looking forward, pen and paper rpg companies should start to look at this sort of approach. A D&D game of this nature, but with DM tools to run a campaign, it could revolutionize the tabletop industry.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Did me preorder months ago. it was originally supposed to release in June however it was pushed to July. Being a Rabid Cyber-Punk and Shadowrun fan, it was simply a case (and i dont say this ever) of "Shut up and take my money"

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• Must.  Play.  NOW.
  • BamboozledBamboozled Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by Axxar
    I'd already preordered it. I hope it's as good as it looks from the gameplay footage I've seen. I wish somebody would make a D&D-based game like that. I loved the tactical challenges of the old Gold Box games.

Oh man, someone from my era of gaming!

Those games were some of the best times I have had playing games. Just to name a few...

Archon, Pools of Radiance, Champions of Krynn, The Dark Queen of Krynn, Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday, Buck Rogers: Matrix Cubed, Roadwar 2000, Pools of Darkness, I could go on and on...

I still feel that was the "golden age" of gaming.

I have the grid paper maps to prove it.

Gah, that was way off topic.

I also pre-ordered shadowrun on Steam. Been looking forward to this game for a while now.

FYI, Shadowrun 5th Edition pdf drops July 11th and the printed book will go on sale in August. Pre-orders have opened.

Keep on the look out for Shadowrun Online, so you can play custom created campaigns with your friends.

Hope to see you all there!

“He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• Damn, read this as Jun 25 earlier and got REALLY excited.  LOL
  • Originally posted by SwashBuccaneer
    Damn, read this as Jun 25 earlier and got REALLY excited.  LOL

I think it may have said that earlier because both me and my friend thought the same.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    I wish SE would make a new Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre with updated graphics like that.
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Yep,I preordered...

Cant wait to jump back into that world again

• AlthewiseguyAlthewiseguy Member Posts: 108
    This is going to be an instant classic. Love the pen and paper games. The developers video of them playing was so fu8n to watch. if they stay true to their word about open ended modding support and tools shipping with the game to help modding then it will be such a success.