Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Current list of favorite tv series

ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

True Blood:  has returned for another season http://www.hbo.com/true-blood/index.html

Cult:  Investigative journalist Jeff Sefton (Matt Davis, “The Vampire Diaries”) has learned to live with his younger brother Nate’s relentless string of obsessions, especially his latest rant that a hit TV show intends to harm him. However, when his brother mysteriously disappears, Jeff takes Nate’s paranoia seriously, and in the process uncovers the dark underworld of the TV show “Cult” and its rabid fans. http://www.cwtv.com/shows/cult/about

Under The Dome: based on Stephen King’s bestselling novel about a small town that is suddenly and inexplicably sealed off from the rest of the world by a massive transparent dome. http://www.cbs.com/shows/under-the-dome/about/

Dexter: New Season Premiere: Tonight at 9 PM ET/PT (06/30/2013) http://www.sho.com/sho/dexter/home

Teen Wolf: Didn't know if I would like the series, but I kept watching season 1 & 2 and am enjoying S3 which recently started. http://www.mtv.com/shows/teen_wolf/series.jhtml

Most of my other favorite series start again next fall.

What are your favorite series or upcoming series you watch or look forward to?

Comments

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Falling Skies and True Blood

All my other shows are either on hiatus or has finished their current season.

I don't know why I keep watching True Blood. It has really turned into a crappy show. I liked the first seasons a lot but now it's just beyond ridiculous

If you are looking for a good show to watch which is waiting on its next season to start then watch Banshee. I was skeptical at first when I read about it but it has really turned out to be one of my favorites

Oh and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is on my top priority list which is going to air soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3T-evQZiQo

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Really looking forward to Banchee's next season. Digging up the real sherrif brings up allot of new trouble image

As for S.H.I.E.L.D, looking forward to it for sure.

Also some maybe's:

• "The 100" Ninety-seven years ago, nuclear Armageddon decimated planet Earth, destroying civilization. The only survivors were the 400 inhabitants of 12 international space stations that were in orbit at the time. Three generations have been born in space, the survivors now number 4,000, and resources are running out on their dying “Ark” – the 12 stations now linked together and repurposed to keep the survivors alive.
    • "Almost Human" The year is 2048. Meet JOHN KENNEX (Urban), a cop who survived one of the most catastrophic attacks ever made against the police department. After waking up from a 17-month coma, he can’t remember much – except that his partner was killed; his girlfriend, ANNA MOORE (guest star Mekia Cox), left him after the attack; and he lost one of his legs and is now outfitted with a highly sophisticated synthetic appendage.
    • "The Tomorrow People" They are the next evolutionary leap of mankind, a generation of humans born with paranormal abilities — the Tomorrow People. Stephen Jameson stands at the crossroads between the world we know and the shifting world of the future. Up until a year ago, Stephen was a “normal” teenager — until he began hearing voices and teleporting in his sleep, never knowing where he might wake up. Now, Stephen’s issues have gone far beyond the usual teenage angst, and he is beginning to question his sanity. In desperation, Stephen decides to listen to one of the voices in his head, and it leads him to his first encounter with the Tomorrow People

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Star Trek TNG

MASH

Frasier

Game of Thrones

Terra Nova and Firefly get honorable mentions as having been canceled far before their time.

Should I be depressed that most of these ended decades ago? Hell,  the finale for MASH aired before I was born.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Game "YourFavoriteCharacterJustDiedAndYourNextFavoriteWillDieToo" of Thrones.

Supernatural.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

Almost forgot:

"Da Vinci's Demons" In a world where thought and faith are controlled, one man fights to set knowledge free.
    The secret history of Leonardo da Vinci's tantalizing life reveals a portrait of a young man tortured by a gift of superhuman genius. He is a heretic intent on exposing the lies of religion. An insurgent seeking to subvert an elitist society. A bastard son who yearns for legitimacy with his father

• UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111

My favorite show at the moment is Game of Thrones. It has such wonderful cinematography, a story that keeps me on the edge of my seat, and just about every character I think is interesting.. which amazingly enough there isn't a lot of filler in between each storyline.

Some other favorites are,

The Venture Bros - I love this for its throwback to old cartoons and references in pop-culture.. plus it's a very well written and clever show.

Breaking Bad - Not much needs to be said about this one! It's just that good.

Peep Show - Huge fan of the sarcastic and cringeworthy humor.

Curb Your Enthusiasm - See above!

Homeland - This show is a hit or miss for a lot of people, but I really love it. It can be quite thrilling, and I'm sure the new season is going to be pretty intense.

Treme - Love it for the food, music and culture.

Other shows I'm watching,

Dexter - This, in my opinion, used to be an amazing show and rated very high on my list. But I'm not really blown away by the episodes anymore, and I honestly only watch it just so I can see how it ends. That said it's still not a bad show by any means.

The Walking Dead - The first season was amazing, but the second and third weren't all that great. The writing was bad, and there's way too much filler for a 40 minute episode. But it's still a great show, I think.

Boardwalk Empire - This started off amazing, but I, for one, feel it's gotten rather slow and boring. But the dialogue is still great, and I really love the set and costumes.

Hannibal - Just watched the first episode, but with Mads Mikkelsen I think there's a lot of potential.

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

Great list UristMcDwarf, I am not watching half of it but looking into those I didn't know of.

Hannibal definitly one of my favorite's but it's in my looking forward to next fall season list. Same goes for Homeland, Supernatural, Nikita, Revolution, Being Human(US),  ..........waiting till next season..

Continuum also a enjoyable series to me.

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

I simply couldn't tolerate network television anymore and completely cut the cord for streaming a few months ago. So I'll answer this way.

The American Experience

Nova

Frontline

(okay... - The World Poker Tour)

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Pretty much all of Adult Swim's [Cartoon Network] Saturday Night anime line up [Toonami].
    Game of Thrones [HBO]
    The Newsroom [HBO]
    Castle [ABC]
    Big Bang Theory [CBS]
    Defiance [SyFy]
    Warehouse 13 [SyFy]
    Nature [PBS]
    Myth Busters [Discovery?]
    NCIS [CBS]
    NCIS: Los Angelos [CBS]
    The Mentalist [CBS]

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383
    Favorite of all time: M*A*S*H
    Favorite Currently Showing: The Killing/Dexter
    Favorite Coming Soon: Hell on Wheels
    Favorite Fall Show: Sons of Anarchy

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Lost

Heroes

Battlestar Galactica (New Version)

Fringe

The Walking Dead

Eureka

Sliders

Venture Brothers

Family Guy

Simpsons

Robotech

Thunder Cats

Once Upon A Time

Star Trek TNG and Voyager

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Originally posted by Reklaw

Really looking forward to Banchee's next season. Digging up the real sherrif brings up allot of new trouble image

As for S.H.I.E.L.D, looking forward to it for sure.

Also some maybe's:

• "The 100" Ninety-seven years ago, nuclear Armageddon decimated planet Earth, destroying civilization. The only survivors were the 400 inhabitants of 12 international space stations that were in orbit at the time. Three generations have been born in space, the survivors now number 4,000, and resources are running out on their dying “Ark” – the 12 stations now linked together and repurposed to keep the survivors alive.
    • "Almost Human" The year is 2048. Meet JOHN KENNEX (Urban), a cop who survived one of the most catastrophic attacks ever made against the police department. After waking up from a 17-month coma, he can’t remember much – except that his partner was killed; his girlfriend, ANNA MOORE (guest star Mekia Cox), left him after the attack; and he lost one of his legs and is now outfitted with a highly sophisticated synthetic appendage.
    • "The Tomorrow People" They are the next evolutionary leap of mankind, a generation of humans born with paranormal abilities — the Tomorrow People. Stephen Jameson stands at the crossroads between the world we know and the shifting world of the future. Up until a year ago, Stephen was a “normal” teenager — until he began hearing voices and teleporting in his sleep, never knowing where he might wake up. Now, Stephen’s issues have gone far beyond the usual teenage angst, and he is beginning to question his sanity. In desperation, Stephen decides to listen to one of the voices in his head, and it leads him to his first encounter with the Tomorrow People

I'm almost afraid of getting caught up in shows like that. They don't have a great track record of lasting long.

Flash Forward

Awake

The Event

Journeyman

The list goes on... They do sound good though. If they get more than a season I might start watching them

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

The only ones I really got into are these:

The Vikings: Pissed off since they never finished the series

Da Vinci's Demons:  Very good mini series

Deadliest Catch

Spartacus: OH YEAH!!!, but the blood thing is a little over the top.  Don't get me wrong, I love realistic blood scenes, but the way they do it...naaah...too flashy.  Plus, I really don't like the new guy playing spartacus.  He has a baby face.  The original one was tough looking; much better.