Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

friendly warning

ManGrManGr Member CommonPosts: 12

I just want to send friendly warning to newcomers in this game..Recently they have start to banned accounts for using word gold in chat or if u spam same msg to many times....Also their support sistem is tragic where u will have to wait for days just to get some auto respond msg.

I m not trolling this game just want to tell u truth before u start wasting ur time or money there.

I m against spamming in any game or selling ingame currency for RL money but this new policy of banning players accounts  is just to much for ordinary players who just want to sell some items for gold or to find party during limited time of DD

Comments

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    It is easier to write a script to search for the world 'gold' and ban that account then having a paid GM.  This the problem with f2p.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428

I have not seen any official announcement that they are, in fact, doing that, so it all has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Still, if people are spamming they need to be dealt with.  I know that some are getting temporary bans for spamming.  Spamming annoys people and they are quick to report it. It's in the chat logs, so it's easy enough for them to track.

I don't see how people would be wasting their time and money there if they are not spammers, which most people aren't.  It's very simple, don't spam.   It sounds more like you have an agenda. Maybe you were banned for spamming and want to get back at them.  Otherwise, your warning would have simply been "Don't spam".

You don't need to spam you sell an item. You don't need to spam to find a group.  People started spamming to get noticed more, but that just leads to more people spamming to get seen above all the other spamming. It makes chat unbearable. Spamming begets more spamming, and just keeps building. It is something they need to put an end to.

I also doubt that they are banning for using the word "gold" in chat, unless it is being spammed. Besides, most people selling things just use the letter g, as in "selling sword of awesomeness 30g". 

• Pandaman102Pandaman102 Member Posts: 94

Originally posted by ManGr

I just want to send friendly warning to newcomers in this game..Recently they have start to banned accounts for using word gold in chat or if u spam same msg to many times....Also their support sistem is tragic where u will have to wait for days just to get some auto respond msg.

I m not trolling this game just want to tell u truth before u start wasting ur time or money there.

I m against spamming in any game or selling ingame currency for RL money but this new policy of banning players accounts  is just to much for ordinary players who just want to sell some items for gold or to find party during limited time of DD

Originally posted by kiern

I have not seen any official announcement that they are, in fact, doing that, so it all has to be taken with a grain of salt.

[...]

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/386396/A-late-word-of-warning.html

The system's been in place for over a month now and has been confirmed to be "working as intended" by PWE's Branflakes. There was no official announcement for it being implemented, it was just sneakily put in to try and catch as many gold-sellers off guard without, apparently, any consideration to how this would affect people who complain about said gold-sellers by name.

Naturally Cryptic can't release the list of bannable keywords, otherwise gold sellers will just use it to circumvent the autoban system, so keep the lockbox spam channel unmuted and pay attention to everything that comes out of it, because that's where the autoban warning is issued (you only get one warning, second time you repeat the keyword results in an autoban).

And, no, it's not a temporary ban. It's a permanent ban until CS gets around to your ticket, which can be up to a month unless you get the attention of a forum moderator to bump your ticket up.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Why do people love to generalize something that happened to them?

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Seems like common sense? Chances are you got many people reporting you. Don't flood chat channels. Its annoying.
  • Pandaman102Pandaman102 Member Posts: 94
    I think OP is referring to the "automatic ban for saying gold seller-related keywords twice" system rather than the "muted for 24 hours after 20 people report you" system ;)
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Either way, it should be common sense. Although a better warning system could help.
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Oh for pete's sake learn to communicate effectively. And spamming you have something to sale every 5 seconds by using -enter-, -up arrow-, -enter- is not effective communication. I don't understand these players and their need to blitz advertise in game. You cannot need the gold that freakin bad...if you don't get a hit on the second try take a break and actually play the game for a bit.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."