Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Tour of Eorzea, Part 3

RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--a6__DnOdc

I thought the world was small. I dont think so

Comments

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Definitely a good video to watch that seems to showcase quite a bit of dungeon like areas.  There was one that really reminded me of Crawler's nest in there.

3:00

Carbuncle.   :O

3:40   Cerulean Processing Plant?   Must be near the Magitech Empire.

6:10  Chocobo in Black Mage Barding armor.

6:55  Boss FATE?

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

The invisible walls make it feel small at times.  I like to explore and climb mountains, which i can't really do.

It's one of my few negatives for the game right now.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Alders

The invisible walls make it feel small at times.  I like to explore and climb mountains, which i can't really do.

It's one of my few negatives for the game right now.

are you trying to go upt he walls at the edge of the map cause ive been able to get up soem slants if it isnt at the edge of the map.

even darkfall has invise walls at the edge of its map

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

The radar lets you know where you can and can't go. Each zone is pretty open and reasonably large. It does have the hexo-map feel to it but loading screens aren't the end all be all for me. If nothing else I can use them to GTFO if I am getting my ass handed to me.

I like how they slowed the characters down to walk in some scenes. Encourage people to actually appreciate the map and not just smash through it. That will give it a good introductory shelf life but with all the teleports in this game, I don't think they plan to use it as a long term game tool.

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494
    Originally posted by free2play

The radar lets you know where you can and can't go. Each zone is pretty open and reasonably large. It does have the hexo-map feel to it but loading screens aren't the end all be all for me. If nothing else I can use them to GTFO if I am getting my ass handed to me.

I like how they slowed the characters down to walk in some scenes. Encourage people to actually appreciate the map and not just smash through it. That will give it a good introductory shelf life but with all the teleports in this game, I don't think they plan to use it as a long term game tool.

They are definitely not trying to milk the current zones by encouraging people to slow down, though at least there is multitiered content in every zone so it isn't a "Zone A>Zone B>Zone C" etc. linear zone progression where you never have any reason to go back to earlier areas.

Yoshida said their aim is to double the # of zones before the first expansion.

Also for those who aren't aware teleports are only available once you  have visited an area and attuned to one of the giant aethertye there (same as XI).  So you h ave to explore you can't just teleport anywhere in the world at all times.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

I've played EVE for 8 years. Hexo-map instances work for me. I also wasted a lot of time in beta walking around when I was 'supposed' to be smashing through content to get to whatever level cap they had set.

I also spent a lot of time in 1.00 looking for those elusive caves that had the secondary crafting nodes and while I have no idea if they will be in ARR I hope so.

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494
    Edit: nevemind just an obvious typo or something