Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Editorial] Rift: Hitting Its Stride in F2P

1235»

Comments

• JustARandomPandaJustARandomPanda Member Posts: 61
    I just tried Rift for the first time and have to say I am pleasantly surprised. This is one of the better MMOs I've tried out and I'm definitely going to be playing this game for the long haul.

Playing Now: The Secret World, Guild Wars 2, Neverwinter

Playing soon: Landmark beta, Swordman beta

• dwarflordkingdwarflordking Member Posts: 265
    why do poeple whine about buying things.. what if i dont care for cosmetics? does all f2p have to be cosmetic only? wtf.. they have to get money somehow.. how about you cheap skates support them by buying something... 
  • NatarumaNataruma Member Posts: 1

I came back after I heard there was sandbox housing and I have to say, I really am enjoying the experience.

A whole new element of the game for the RP community to sink its teeth into. If you're like me and you enjoy building stuff, then the dimensions element to Rift will be a blast for you. Also, the rifts and gameplay are far more rewarding now than they used to be when I first started playing.

As to people doubting the F2P model or saying it's a sign of a game in its death throes, I have to say that I both agree and disagree. I'm now more likely going to stick to Rift because of new attachments to certain content (my customized houses), and the fact that I don't have to worry about a sub, I can just throw money at the game if I so desire and have the funds, or opt not to if I have to cut back on my spending, but I won't get punished for being a bit frugal. It's pretty great, and I wish more games followed the same F2P model Trion has implemented.

• DarkspireDarkspire Member UncommonPosts: 14

As far as the f2p conversion goes, cuddos to the team on job well done. However Rifts problem back than and now is the same, if you are not part of an end game raiding group there is nothing to be done when you reach max lelvel. Its a choice between raiding or just pointless grind grind grind... The PVP is blend and boring, the zones are un inspired, and the rifts/fortresses get boring fast.

Now if there were more Volan like events that would be fun, but besides that the rest of the invasions are nothing special.