Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefall: Blackwater Anomaly Gameplay Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Firefall team has released a new gameplay video to show off a new instance that players will be able to explore when the open beta goes live on July 9th. The zone is called Blackwater Anomaly and it is an area filled with mystery. Take a look for yourself!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Firefall has SO much potential... I hope things work out...
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923
    It's an updated better looking Global Agenda, well that is from my experience.
    Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • paradise2paradise2 Member Posts: 159
    Music for the trailer is pretty badass at least.
  • DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406
    Originally posted by wormed
    [mod edit]

Might tell us why? It looks amazing at least :)

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

It looks nice but it's just BADLY executed.

Every point in the game where you'd THINK you'd get some kind of satisfaction there is a stupid ass grind or unnecessary time sink involved in it. Everything.

It is so fucking unapologetically repetitive and grind based I wouldn't be surprised if there is some Korean developer pointing at Firefall saying "see we're not so bad are we?"

The game doesn't know the difference between stupidly frustrating and challenging.  Their answer to everything is either ramp up the amount of mobs, or lower the amount of mobs and give them more hp, more damage, and more tracking.

Firefall does a terrible job at hiding the fact that the developers are trying to create some endless loop and gating because they don't want to have to create engaging content.

Story?  What story? The story = go thump resources and run repetitive "dynamic events" so you can get resources.  Get enough resources you have the privilege of waiting a couple hours to refine them all. You can thump and do more Ares missions while you wait.  Then you get to wait another couple hours to research the ability to craft your gear. Then you can wait a few more hours to craft the gear.

You think Blackwater Anomaly looks cool? Guess what?  You gotta grind the resources (of which can be horded and price gouged by no lifers), then take the HOURS to refine it, then you get the privilege of taking another 3hrs to craft a key that takes you to 1 of the 3 areas where you go on an RNG mission to get 1 of 3 keys needed to enter Black Water anomaly.

All this happens on a meager player space that's about the size of starter zones for other games. The beautiful visuals will start to make you nauseous after a couple of days because it's ALL you will see for the most part.

I used to believe that the voice of the community would have an effect on some of the piss poor decisions being made, but I'm slowly understanding that's not the case.  They're trying to take aspects from EVE Online and wedging it into a PVE, totally ignoring what makes EVE work.

Open Beta is coming in a few days.  Don't take my word for it. Everything I say is invalid because it's a beta, right?

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by wormed
    [mod edit]

Sure. What a horrible develope...oh wait, no they are not. They have been willing to FUNDAMENTALLY change game mechanics based on player feedback and have actually been listening to the testers. That actually makes them one of better developers. Not as good as TRION guys, but quite nearby. 

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• bendeton77bendeton77 Member Posts: 1
    Great graphic... hope it will be good game
  • MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258

Maybe im cynical but this all looks.....meh.

I haven't played the game thoroughly so I will reserve judgement but I keep hearing more bad things then good.

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!