Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I miss the old Wow world style

PaddyspubPaddyspub Member Posts: 104

Restarted after MOP came out and so far its ok, but when I go back to the old world (1-60 zones, Cata 80-85 zones).  If just feels like Wow but MOP zones and the current exp just feels like an asian version of it  (no offense to asian players or culture).   I also think they made alot of mistakes like too many dailies,  gated rep gear, slowing lving past 85,  alt-unfriendly, etc), also flying unfriendly  (cant fly when you died, wtf!)   But also did make some good changes like the zones are pretty i guess.

Anyway just my 2 cents.

Tbe Repopulation will be what SWTOR shouldve been.

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I couldn't play the 80 to 85 content in Cataclysm, so you've done better than I did. I did play through the low level content though and thought it was a pretty good job. I don't think anything will really capture the feeling of the Burning Crusade though, especially the island that I can't remember. Oh well. At least I have the experience of what it was like to play through it when it released. :-)

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644

Yaa i dont Understand why WOW went Asian....why couldnt they have gone Italian  ??  Orcs spinning Pizza pies stuff like that

why did they need to pick asian im just wondering

• GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644
    Ninja turtles took the italian route...dont you remember how much they loved Pizza Pies ??  Epicnessss
  • BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    I think Burning Crusade was the highest moment. After that things started going downhill.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by lizardbones

I couldn't play the 80 to 85 content in Cataclysm, so you've done better than I did. 

Oh well. At least I have the experience of what it was like to play through it when it released. :-)

I got through the 80 to 85 content - once,  2 years ago

I have no interest in ever doing it again,  it wasnt fun

prior to Cata, I had 80s of every class because I enjoyed leveling in WOW

regardless,  WOW is still fun to many players -- but I don't enjoy PostCata WOW

• krekenkreken Member UncommonPosts: 139
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by lizardbones

I couldn't play the 80 to 85 content in Cataclysm, so you've done better than I did. 

Oh well. At least I have the experience of what it was like to play through it when it released. :-)

I got through the 80 to 85 content - once,  2 years ago

I have no interest in ever doing it again,  it wasnt fun

prior to Cata, I had 80s of every class because I enjoyed leveling in WOW

regardless,  WOW is still fun to many players -- but I don't enjoy PostCata WOW

About two weeks ago I reactivated my account since early Cata and started a monk; really enjoyed him up to level 80. Once I got to Hyjal, I couldn't even force myself to finish one quest and logged off. I got on my 85 pally and started leveling him. I will most likely do sporadic leveling of my monk so I would be using just rested xp to get to 85.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by kreken

About two weeks ago I reactivated my account since early Cata and started a monk; really enjoyed him up to level 80. Once I got to Hyjal, I couldn't even force myself to finish one quest and logged off. I got on my 85 pally and started leveling him. I will most likely do sporadic leveling of my monk so I would be using just rested xp to get to 85.

i did something similar a month ago

I got my monk as far as 75 and stopped playing because I did not want to experience Cata again

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Iam glad i played from 2004 to 2012.
    I have great memory's of almost every aspect wow offered.

Warsong gulch and early AV
    Tarren Mill / South Shore
    Tyr's Hand i believe its called ? where we farmed gold ? massive fucking gank spot with elite mobs ^^
    Early raids like MC / BWL / ZG
    The community was one of the best, on Korgal at least we had so many guilds farming raids....it was lag fest from start to finish.
    Grinding Rank 13/14 with guild m8's

It was a great era, and blizzard cared.....for us.

TBC....epic expansionprolly the best expansion when looking back at all of them.
    OP druids OP warlocks OP rogues OP Hunters OP Warriors evrything was fucking OP
    Fucking Shockadins :)
    Leveling trough TBC was great, pvp going on almost everywhere.
    Farming gear was fun, even for alts.
    Farming shit for netherdrake oh hell yeah epic days. damn egg's !!!
    Dungeons on hardcore mode
    Raids on hardcore mode
    Crafting was good for most profesions
    Arena's where fun even with its flaws
    Battlegrounds where fun to
    Twinking was fun also !!!
    Overal TBC still owns a special place and a very good job done by Blizzard

WotLK.....Hero class....big mistake
    PvP was less fun for some reason
    Raids dint feel the same for me anymore
    Ghostcrawler took over the lead......
    nerf buff nerf bufff nerf buff nerf buff....drastic class changes incomming, often changing the classes for the worse.
    It was still fun, but it never picked up the momentum TBC had....
    Average Xpack in my opinion.

Cataclysm...No class would ever feel the same again....
    To many game breaking changes.
    Core mechanics of classes who i loved where never the same anymore from that moment.
    I quited 2 times within 6 months.
    Each patch i felt more detatched from the once epic World of Warcraft...
    The magic of Azeroth was depleted....empty.....but it could still change for the good.......untill they announced Mist of Pandaria...
    The final blow was given and a bitter vet would retire.

After playing on 5 Servers for many many years....my Axe was burried and my Sword would never pierce a Gnome again...

But many fond memory i still cherrish....If only....GC was not in charge and Tigole would still have leaded.....
    Maybe it would still be one of the best mmo's out there :)

fuck i got carried away again !!!

• Tyvolus4Tyvolus4 Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Originally posted by Grimula

Yaa i dont Understand why WOW went Asian....why couldnt they have gone Italian  ??  Orcs spinning Pizza pies stuff like that

beyond simple.  Asian market and kids in general.  Sorry to have to explain the obvious to you.

• aerinndisaerinndis Member Posts: 67
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

I wish they would start a couple of servers with the pre-Cataclysm WoW world, or at least restore some of the ruined areas to their old state slowly, like e.g. rebuilt the Dam in Loch Modan, which was one of my favorite low level areas when the lake was still there and which is completely ruined now.

Me too. I have so much nostalgia for the old pre-cata zones.

• steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391

If you didn't get to help open the AQ gates....you really missed the fun part of WoW

an entire server pushing every day to open up new content... constant fighting in the sands between factions for resources... every level helping.  It was FUCKING AWESOME.

and then you go into AQ..... and get your face stomped... then you come back and for more.

Twin Emps... I will miss you.

• VladamyreVladamyre Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by Briansho
    I think Burning Crusade was the highest moment. After that things started going downhill.

I have to disagree with that. TBC was just the beginning of the downhill slide for Wow.  Guilds died because of all the raids dropping to 25 mans, resilience was introduced and that was the end of all fun pvp in wow.  Flying mounts did have their fun, yes I got a netherdrake. In the vanilla stages I raided everything, cleared all content except lvl 60 naxxramus, which we were on the 4 horsemen. I raided 3 times or so in TBC and that was enough, I ended up just quitting the game until Wrath came out. I did enjoy Wrath far more then TBC but it was still nothing compared to the game in its original state. When I was playing my Grand Marshal human warrior or my undead High Warlord warrior I was enjoying killing people in all forms of gear, be it pvp or pve. The indroduction of resilience sort of destroyed pvp, nobody stood a chance against someone in full resilience gear when they had pve gear on at that point. Yes, there was a ton of grinding to do in the beginning, but that never changed throughout the game at all. I quit for good during Cataclysm, long before they even released Deathwing.

In a world of sharp knives, you would be a spoon.

• ghostfaeriesghostfaeries Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by Grimula

uhh... this would be awkward. lol  I'm sure that they chose an asian-type theme because of the pandarens. they have been around a while and they needed to make a scene.  :P

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Briansho

I'm partial to Lich King.

Main Reason is because of possibly the best class I've ever played in an MMO.  The Death Knight.  2H Plate Wearing, Disease spreading class of death.  The perfect blend of Melee and magic for me. 

I know I am in the minority here but it was the 1st expansion where I actually enjoyed raiding.  Naxxramas was amazing because it was accessible, fun and had the right blend of depth and accountability.  Plus I loved the 5 man heroic deungeons, gear was decent and the bosses were fun but not overly hard.  I have never been a fan of wiping over and over to figure something out, ala the BC way.  I prefer to actually go in a dungeon and beat it with minimal focus. 

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

When they changed the old 1-60 zones it pretty much killed WoW off for me finally :/ I have only played the free trial of MOP and it wasn't enough to bring me back. I was bored after about 2 hours. Sad day...I use to have a lot of fun in WoW.

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

I would say TBC was the beginning of the end for me as well. I loved vanilla WoW despite its drawbacks. I had a crap ton of alts and enjoyed leveling all of them. So many good memories and our guild was going strong. TBC hit and it was fun at first, but I quickly grew tired of it. The raiding just wasn't as fun and our guild fell apart. Leveling seemed more tedious, and I only managed to get two toons to max before I couldn't bring myself to do it anymore.

I unsubbed before WotLK came out. Resubbed a year later and maxed one toon before getting bored and unsubbing again. Resubbed again right before Cata for nostalgia reasons, but only lasted around 1 month once Cata was introduced. I hated it. I haven't subbed again since. MoP just looks like more of the same.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

I wish they would start a couple of servers with the pre-Cataclysm WoW world, or at least restore some of the ruined areas to their old state slowly, like e.g. rebuilt the Dam in Loch Modan, which was one of my favorite low level areas when the lake was still there and which is completely ruined now.

Actually for me it would be enough to go with vanilla/TBC ruleset - exp, gear farming, no rbg, dungs and raids that feel at least a bit tough