Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion or Rift or Neverwinter online

sekton12sekton12 Member Posts: 3

Hey guys,

i want a good pvp mmorpg but it should dont take so long to have fun in pvp so which from this 3 games are best for ty

Comments

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Dark Age of Camelot
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    All three are free to try. Aion doesnt really have much PvP until endgame, when it becomes the main focus.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Lol, what daoc, it wasn't even mentioned in the question... :)

OP, I don't pvp and I can't say much about Aion either, but for "it should dont take so long to have fun in pvp" :

in Neverwinter pvp opens at lvl10, which is a few hours of gameplay from the beginning. In Rift I'm not sure, but I think around lvl10-12 as well, which is also only a few hours from start.

• sekton12sekton12 Member Posts: 3
    i see darkfall unholy wars is like mortal online i look now for mortal online how the game is ..............is it bad i will try aion
  • Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    If you want some good PVP, give Tera a try.  The open world and Guild vs Guild PVP is a lot of fun.

• btraillbtraill Member UncommonPosts: 97
    I've tried all of them. Neverwinter Online is superior in my honest opinion. I still play it.
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

Neverwinter is the worst choice for PvP.  Very few classes, extremely underpowered classes, unequal footing as one either A. grinds a ridiculous amount of time for enchants or B.  has to buy enchants to be on equal footing, extreme botting matchups.  All this and not even touch the other aspects of the game.

Neverwitner is for those duped into believing that it's a D&D game, enjoy the setting, want the UGC with the Foundry, or are perfectly fine playing an MMO bastardization of a much beloved IP and settle for this arcade Diablo style game play.  PvP is NOT a strong point of Neverwinter.

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

PvP in Neverwinter can be fun as long as no bots are in your match(they are always there), and you're one of the OP classes.

Rift PvP... used to be fun. Dunno why, but I can stand it now.

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    Originally posted by btraill
    I've tried all of them. Neverwinter Online is superior in my honest opinion. I still play it.

LOL

that made me laugh, i know today's mmo player doesn't commit anything like the hours to games we did few years ago, but come on this game released wayyy back in april 2013 (even then was only open beta)

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366
    All of them are Free now, so I think you should try all of them and see which one you like the best.

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Sho0terMcgavin
    If you want some good PVP, give Tera a try.  The open world and Guild vs Guild PVP is a lot of fun.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

If you want to PvP in a game that tries to balance PvE and PvP than WoW is by far your best option.  But you are much better off in going for a game that is predominantly PvP.

• SoulStainSoulStain Member Posts: 202
    Originally posted by w407309
    Originally posted by btraill

LOL

that made me laugh, i know today's mmo player doesn't commit anything like the hours to games we did few years ago, but come on this game released wayyy back in april 2013 (even then was only open beta)

I had to chuckle at this too. Still playing after 2 months. Well..technically it just "officially" launched about 9 days ago..lol. I also thought the PvP was a blast though i do not know if Trickster Rogue was OP or not as far as balance issues. I also haven't played for any length of time in a month.

Went back to GW2 (I like the PvP )and started Aion again which..looking over the cash shop...seems pretty damn free. Saw nothing that was required or OP P2W gear.Even if they did delete my 12th level character without sending me an email telling me to donate if I wanted to keep him. No biggie though..didn't take long to re-level a new toon. I need to logina gain to see what 4.0 is all about. Looking forward to trying out PvP.

RIFT is a really good PVE game but I just couldn't get into PvP unless it accidentally occured during a Rift. Then it was fun..but didn't care for the Battle Ground stuff...or whatever the RIFT version is called.. Not because I would lose..hell I kinda suck at all PvP anyway but still like to play it in most games.

Neverwinter has been the easiest to get into as far as PvP imo and I tended to do well...that may be a good or bad thing depending on one's perspective.Then again I do better at these newer limited hotkey games. The ones with a million skills all up at once tend to get annoying to me even if  (or because) u never usually utilize most of them.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    While I do not PvP in Neverwinter I hear its a lot of fun, albeit frustrating at times.  Eventually they will allow the use of Foundry UGC being able to make PvP content though, so for that I would recommend it.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by SyrusSyi
    All of them are Free now, so I think you should try all of them and see which one you like the best.

If any lol......Rift was the only one I lasted more than an hour...The other 2 were flat out awful...I'd go to MMOHUT.com and do some research and find a fun game.....All 3 of these are post wow games that are basically crap.

• ShadocatShadocat Member Posts: 4

First of all - don't go into any MMO (except perhaps GW/GW2), especially one that is F2P, with the illusion you can jump right into end-game quality pvp and run with the big dawgs. They wouldn't make any money. The 'real' game in any MMO title I've played In the last 5 years hasn't begun until level cap

Given a choice of only those specific three titles my choice would have to be Aion. If for nothing other than the character creator alone - It is really easy to lose track of time playing with all the sliders.  It will also be the first of the three to expose you to large-scale owpvp. 

If I'm allowed to toss in a couple suggestions of my own, I will echo the suggestion of the poster on pg.1 who endorsed TERA (played since closed beta, and in fact left Aion after 3 yrs to play it) and throw in a new MMOFPS that launches open beta June 9th - FireFall.  Both bring a unique twist to their respective genre, and have incredible gameplay with stunning graphics.

FireFall is another exception to the pvp rule in the first paragraph, but only because it is gear-regulated. You will have access to each of the five basic frame types right from the beginning, and since gear is not a factor a prodigy could very easily dominate there with very little acclimation time. The downside for some is that it is a class-based shooter rather than of the swords-and-sorcery genre, the downside to others is that it is a true beta - that is to say this isn't a demo just to build hype, polished systems really are being put in piece-by-piece ... some features really are still in testing, and others have yet to even be implemented ... but its been a lot of fun as a change of pace

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by sekton12

Hey guys,

i want a good pvp mmorpg but it should dont take so long to have fun in pvp so which from this 3 games are best for ty

from the three games you mentioned i have to say Rift. The battlegrounds are a weaker version of WoW battlegrounds in my opinion, but they also have 3 side pvp like Daoc's RvRvR and gw2's WvWvW. So Rift clearly have more pvp options than NW and Aion. They are all free and you can try it yourself to see which is more fun to you.

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

Aion if you want to get ganked.

Rift if you want to get ganked.

Neverwinter if you want to be bored to tears.

Age of Conan if you want to go invisible sneak up on someone and chop off their head. image

• sinichi6825sinichi6825 Member Posts: 10
     I tried neverwinter the combat is actually great the quest also .. but somehow i didnt get into it for some reason.. maybe it didnt give me any reason to continue leveling my char.Tera its a japanese grindy mmo, imo it only has the combat and the rest is meh.. Rift  is a SOLID game.. probably its the real definition of "F2P" mmo.. it offers you may ways to exp,you can level just by doing battlegrounds, open world pvp , dynamic events lot of stuffs going on in your screen especially at early levels it has lots of VARIETY with classes.. i hope this helps :)
  • DoctorhooDoctorhoo Member UncommonPosts: 235

There is no Bad Choice of the three games you mentioned.  It's Always Appreciated when you get VERY detailed on what kind features you prefer in your MMOs to help direct things more, otherwise you are at the mercy of public opinion.

Aion just came out with a new expansion.  So they have some new stuff.  Just be prepared for a PvP endgame.

Rift is a Solid title and gaining new interest again with its F2P switch.  PvE is Good.

Neverwinter is easy to get into.  Has 2 Additonal Bags given out in game for more backpack space (pre-level 10 story and later around level 30 in the Crypt Zone by following a quest chain).  Does have a Companion System that allows you to level them along with you.  Dungeons are fun enough and if you are a Cleric and like healing you will make friends for endgame epic dungeon runs easy enough.  User Created Content with Foundry is probably a big highlight here.  Combat does feel like a poor man's TERA.  PvP is fun if you have a group of friends in party and a way to communicate.