Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Status of Faction Conflict?

ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Faction vs faction conflict is why I play mmog's.My early experience with AION  faction conflict was not good. The fighting area was poorly developed(i'm being kind) and it was simply a small area  filled with roving bands of gankers looking for solo players.That was some time ago.

Can someone paint a picture of today's conflict game.(I'm an x DAOC player..so used to great gameplay and the rough and tumble of areas where anything can and does happen).

The more detail the better...please.

Comments

  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 29,956
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf

    Faction vs faction conflict is why I play mmog's.My early experience with AION  faction conflict was not good. The fighting area was poorly developed(i'm being kind) and it was simply a small area  filled with roving bands of gankers looking for solo players.That was some time ago.

    Can someone paint a picture of today's conflict game.(I'm an x DAOC player..so used to great gameplay and the rough and tumble of areas where anything can and does happen).

    The more detail the better...please.

    How is the abyss a small area?

    In any case, I believe they have added new areas where you can meet the other faction and done so  since launch. I'm not clear on which is the most active as of yet as I'm currently leveling up a new character.

  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    When I played....The area for faction conflict was a fairly large set of ruins.It was very easy to go around the area and spot anyone who was their. There were no trees..only rubble...so pk could easily spot their victims.  I expect to be jumped but just want to move it a bit more difficult to find me.
  • redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722

    Compared to DAoC frontiers it may be small.  But as far as MMOs go, its a pretty decently sized zone.

     

    Not sure though, haven't played in a long time.  Going to try a new toon with 4.0.

  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 29,956
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf
    When I played....The area for faction conflict was a fairly large set of ruins.It was very easy to go around the area and spot anyone who was their. There were no trees..only rubble...so pk could easily spot their victims.  I expect to be jumped but just want to move it a bit more difficult to find me.

    Not sure but did you just play a small bit?

    I ask because there are many areas where one can rift (not sure of the changes for rifting) even at launch and I do know that there was a large update that included a large contested zone.

    And of course the new areas just added to the game. Quite frankly I think you will like it but you might have to level up on the fast track server in order to get yourself "up there" quickly.

    Sorry I can't be of more help but I stopped for a bit and now I'm just playing solo as my guildmates have moved to LOTRO.

    Other than "there are a lot of areas" I can't be more specific. there are a few areas in each faction that are pve only but for the most part one "should" be able to rift into the others' areas.

    of course, there are highly levelled/geared players at this point so you will have to redouble your efforts to be competitive.

  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Sovrath thanks for the information
  • EvilestTwinEvilestTwin Member Posts: 286
    New 61-65 Areas are pretty much 24/7 PvP zones now.   There are some safe spots here and there but even entrances to PvE instances are PvP zones.    You can stick close to your main areas to do quests but you can still get rolled by an enemy alliance or group of xforms right outside your own capital.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 29,956
    Originally posted by EvilestTwin
    New 61-65 Areas are pretty much 24/7 PvP zones now.   There are some safe spots here and there but even entrances to PvE instances are PvP zones.    You can stick close to your main areas to do quests but you can still get rolled by an enemy alliance or group of xforms right outside your own capital.

    good to know thanks!

Sign In or Register to comment.