Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is very much known about this game, or does the hype mostly consist of people projecting their desir

13»

Comments

• SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Originally posted by Iadien
    Originally posted by quseio
    thats a load of horse shit just because you cant gank newbs  its not a sand box? even though  seasons change you can set shit on fire, npcs react differently to you you can build/conqure a castle IF you feel like it now that list of features is jsut a  supposition, but  to call it not a sandbox just because you cant gank newbs is fail

Sandbox means different things to different people. SoE will not force PVP, that would piss off more than half of their player base, so we're fine.

+1  Most people forget that their goal is to make money.  Forced PvP would mean less players and would equal less money.  It's not a charity case for jaded gaming veterans.

• KwanseiKwansei Member UncommonPosts: 334
    Originally posted by Ujirik
    Originally posted by Iadien
    Originally posted by quseio
    thats a load of horse shit just because you cant gank newbs  its not a sand box? even though  seasons change you can set shit on fire, npcs react differently to you you can build/conqure a castle IF you feel like it now that list of features is jsut a  supposition, but  to call it not a sandbox just because you cant gank newbs is fail

Sandbox means different things to different people. SoE will not force PVP, that would piss off more than half of their player base, so we're fine.

+1  Most people forget that their goal is to make money.  Forced PvP would mean less players and would equal less money.  It's not a charity case for jaded gaming veterans.

Ha- inspired the following mental image:

UO veteran could you please just spare a PK sir....

• wowcloneswowclones Member Posts: 127
    it will be just as awesome as Eq2, oh wait, hmmm.....
  • HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by topographic
    Originally posted by Hairysun

All I know is Bill Murphey said this .......

Say what? You thought this one wasn’t at E3? Well, really... it wasn’t in any official capacity. But we were treated to an early look at what SOE has planned for the game’s unveiling in August and we were quite simply blown away by every little detail we saw. This is going to sound like a cop-out, but we can't say why we are choosing EQN as our Best of Show because we've been sworn to secrecy until the big debut in August. What we can say is that we saw grand plans for the world's largest sandbox and it was more than enough to stand head and shoulders above any game we saw at E3. When Sony pulls back the curtain later this summer, you will not be disappointed. EverQuest Next is this year's E3 Best of Show, and in just a couple months you'll all understand why. We promise.

The above paragraph certainly raised my eyebrow.  Coming from Bill, who seems to be pretty level headed when it comes to gaming, this is enough to at least pay attention.  I'm looking forward to the 8/3 and will come here after work to see whats up.

Blank slate or not ............. that's it.

~Hairysun

Oh goodie, more plans. Maybe Smedley is taking lessons from Mark Jacobs.

As for Mr. Murphy, he has to solicit advertising revenue somehow...

Lol ..... says the quintessential bitter vet.  Believe me, I'm aware of Smedleys BS factor, from way back in SWG days.  He's had his position at Sony for a very long time because he's good at.  Good at it from a corporate perspective that is.

Additionally, Mr. Murphy is running a business here ..... true.  I don't believe he gets direct kickbacks from companies but could be mistaken.  On more than one occasion he has expressed interest in a shift to more sandbox oriented MMOs.  Several of the writers have on this site.  As a gamer I have seen years of theme park after theme park roll out of the machine.  Same ol' stuff in a different wrapper.  I'm tired of them ..........

The prospect for something a little different excites many frequenters of this site.  Perhaps your just being realistic, but, I'm sorry that the excitement of new games in general has left you.  Will this be the greatest thing since UO or SWG?  Probably not ........ I'll be looking forward to your "I told you so" in a month.

~Hairysun