Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Debating!

Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

Again whilst i wait for either

A - FF14 to become open beta (just too see if i like it) or

B - OB on Wildstar (too see if i like it)

I find myself with excess time of about 55minutes per hour whilst things build/invent in EvE

Just debating about coming back, but my problem is this, whilst i have bought the expansion packs (all up until last yr) including the level 50 starter zone place.

Now do i carry on with the 2 toons ive got to about levle 60 but wont remember bloody thing about game lol, but also when i last logged on the server seemed VERY quiet,

or

Start completely new on new server and maybe consider joining guild etc... obviously the new start on new server would be a bit painful as i would have to start from complete scratch with no 'rich-uncles' to fund him

Opinions??

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

Comments

• SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458
    I suggest you start from scratch.  Just take it slow and try to enjoy yourself while refreshing your memory of the game.  Remember, you're looking for something to keep you entertained.  I think you'll just get quickly bored and quit for the same reasons you did originally if you return to the high level characters first.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

I don't like trashing characters...

Recently continued a lvl32 barbarian... you'll get the hang of it pretty soon.

Got any accumulated offline levels to spend?

You could also start another char, maybe a Khitan and start off in Khitai, the expansion continent.

Or any other of the four continents with low level content...

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    Originally posted by Ujirik
    I suggest you start from scratch.  Just take it slow and try to enjoy yourself while refreshing your memory of the game.  Remember, you're looking for something to keep you entertained.  I think you'll just get quickly bored and quit for the same reasons you did originally if you return to the high level characters first.

Aye sad part for me this was the game that broke the spell that WoW had on me!!!.. (not sad that it broke the spell lol) but sad i could stick with it for problems it gave me below

Loved it, played it from the day it went live - stil have the original box in my cupboard, Sadly i stopped playing because of their issues for example their horrible memory leak / the fields area/zone where NO-ONE could get above 5fps in the early months, and you had to forget quests above about level 45ish..

I was sad kitty, love the game and still to this day is one (if not the) best graphically designed MMO out!.

I came back about 18months ago and spent a good 6months, but sadly i found that the population had dwindled, and with MMO its the community that keeps me playing  (not so much the group work, i play 95% of my gametime solo) but just hte general chit-chat in public/local channels, and thats why i still play eve after 8yrs

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Yeah, I thought Age of Conan was a really good game despite the bad reputation.  I'd personally just try something new and get a feel for the other servers.  Maybe another server will have a better community.  You can always return to your old characters later if you change your mind.

• Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327

Well, if you return/start over on the Fury server, I have a small guild there for players that just want someone else to play and talk too. We are quite helpful also, so if its a fresh server for you, we can help with some key elements. Post it here or send me a PM if you do :)

And yes,  the game is still pretty good despite its age, and not many other games like it out. Plenty of content also both pre and post lvl 80. If your F2P player, I can tell you that it was changed just a while ago, so the game is even more open now then it was for free.

• Here my problem, "AoC update from fresh DVD install"

I have reinstalled AoC from my dvds when i bought to game at launch, but after install its trying to download latest AoC download manager and downloading it too but cant start or continue donwload or, install anything after download. can someone help me to fix that issue? i have removed and installed 2 times from dvds to try again same thing happened.

I was going to give another luck to this game but seems like it wont give me that..

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

I too still have the original DVD however, I would not recommend installing from them,

Now i cannot comment for Non EU/UK But directly downloading from their website works a treat (think this i about 4th new build of the game for me all direct download)