Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a new MMO that is NOT f2p

2»

Comments

• SoraellionSoraellion Member UncommonPosts: 558
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Originally posted by Soraellion
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    So you're trying to say it only takes someone having $15 in their pocket to make them not a retard. I'm sure there's a republican joke in there somewhere :)

Not necessarily, but it does create a barrier for the troll clowns. Like your post seems to be, on this free forum. And the clown post above this one.

Yeah....I'm thinking the barrier goes both ways.

If you make a silly/troll reply, don't expect anything constructive in return.

There is nothing silly or trollish about the replies. People are trying to give you a  prespective that 15 bucks or not if someone has to act like a jack ass he will. You think 15 bucks a month stop people? how do you think millions play game like WOW? 

You must be really naive if you think 15 bucks act as some kind of barrier.

It does to some extend, that's the thing. If you go all hyperbole then ofcourse no, it won't STOP them. But it does help. How is that so difficult to understand.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    So you're trying to say it only takes someone having $15 in their pocket to make them not a retard. I'm sure there's a republican joke in there somewhere :)

Not necessarily, but it does create a barrier for the troll clowns. Like your post seems to be, on this free forum. And the clown post above this one.

Yeah....I'm thinking the barrier goes both ways.

If you make a silly/troll reply, don't expect anything constructive in return.

There is nothing silly or trollish about the replies. People are trying to give you a  prespective that 15 bucks or not if someone has to act like a jack ass he will. You think 15 bucks a month stop people? how do you think millions play game like WOW? 

You must be really naive if you think 15 bucks act as some kind of barrier.

It does to some extend, that's the thing. If you go all hyperbole then ofcourse no, it won't STOP them. But it does help. How is that so difficult to understand.

Once again i give you example of WOW and EVE online communities. I guess you never played these P2P games or you would know that monthly subs doesn't help to clean out the communities. Two games with worse communities that put F2P games to shame.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

I agree with the OP.

However, there seem to be an abundance of idiots that are eager to roll out the time-honoured defense of the F2P clowns: "P2P games don't guarantee freedom from asshats".

No, indeed, a monthly sub does not guarantee a total absence of anti-social behaviour. But it most certainly will reduce it. And that's good enough for me image

• OzivoisOzivois Member Posts: 598
    Purchase price of a game plus monthly subscription costs help to make people respect their account. With FTP games folks can make multiple accounts for free and misbehave and troll all they want with minimal risk.
  • VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 9,730
    This thread is way off topic.  If you are looking for suggestions of a game to play then this is indeed the right forum for that.  However, if you're looking to debate the merits of P2P and F2P games then you need to do that in the Pub.
    To give feedback on moderation, please contact mikeb@mmorpg.com
This discussion has been closed.