Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Massively reminisces on Star Wars Galaxies

TimEisenTimEisen ColumnistMember EpicPosts: 3,293
I used to role-play a Warrior Priest now I role-play a writer.

Comments

• lordstarwolflordstarwolf Member Posts: 53

Rose colored glasses or not, After having played every single AAA title since 2003, SWG was still the one I continued to log into every day.   Even with EVE, my other standby, I only twirl my ship in circles anymore, as I've done everything.  At least with SWG I could pop over to the cantina, or relax in bespin and watch the goings-on.... 

Despite it's problems, SWG will still be the #1 MMO of all time to me.  I never had such a dedicated and fun group of people to play with as those I met there.  

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086
    Originally posted by lordstarwolf

Rose colored glasses or not, After having played every single AAA title since 2003, SWG was still the one I continued to log into every day.   Even with EVE, my other standby, I only twirl my ship in circles anymore, as I've done everything.  At least with SWG I could pop over to the cantina, or relax in bespin and watch the goings-on.... 

Despite it's problems, SWG will still be the #1 MMO of all time to me.  I never had such a dedicated and fun group of people to play with as those I met there.  

I have enjoyed some of the brief "rides" theme park WoW knock-offs have provided, but SWG was a virtual world I lived in and enjoyed. There was no such thing as having "free time" during SWG's golden age (pre-NGE). It was an addiction I very much miss. image

• TimEisenTimEisen ColumnistMember EpicPosts: 3,293

"SWG was a virtual world I lived in and enjoyed" Exactly!

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

SWG I played from launch to 6 months before closure. I can honestly say I never had a slow moment, always something to do. Never was I bored or lacked content. I wish someone would make SWG 2.0 or just reopen the old SWG servers.

From exploration, crafting, social hubs, just chatting, taking your time, decorating your house that was more useful than any new aged housing, to adventure and see multiple planets not just a new continent but entire worlds, space flight and combat that was pretty well done, player created vendors and interaction with sales aspect of a game, and soooooo much more.

I can not believe SWTOR went the route it did instead of following in SWG footsteps to make it 100% better. To much new age console rpg style game play in todays mmorpg's just kills the feeling I once had when playing mmorpg's. Only a handful of games have ever kept me content for a long period of time,SWG had everything I enjoy in a mmo. My opinion of course, if SWG went F2P, it would have done better than SWTOR.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    Originally posted by Onomas

SWG I played from launch to 6 months before closure. I can honestly say I never had a slow moment, always something to do. Never was I bored or lacked content. I wish someone would make SWG 2.0 or just reopen the old SWG servers.

From exploration, crafting, social hubs, just chatting, taking your time, decorating your house that was more useful than any new aged housing, to adventure and see multiple planets not just a new continent but entire worlds, space flight and combat that was pretty well done, player created vendors and interaction with sales aspect of a game, and soooooo much more.

I can not believe SWTOR went the route it did instead of following in SWG footsteps to make it 100% better. To much new age console rpg style game play in todays mmorpg's just kills the feeling I once had when playing mmorpg's. Only a handful of games have ever kept me content for a long period of time,SWG had everything I enjoy in a mmo. My opinion of course, if SWG went F2P, it would have done better than SWTOR.

"There is another..." -Yoda

If you look you will find that your wish is true.  

And I loved SWG-PreCU, it was perhaps the best game I played outside of Ultima Online.  

So much crap, so little quality.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I was just talking about this game the other day with another gamer and it got me to reminiscing about so many of my adventures and old friends, some of whom have since become Facebook friends and remained in touch.

By sheer hours alone, this is my favorite game.  Aside from hours, there were so many standout moments I still cherish in my gaming life, and I love this game despite all it's flaws.

I think it's a crime against gaming this game was converted from precu to nge and then shut down permanently.  It's just not right.  And while there may be unofficial options out there, I prefer to play on an official dev supported server.

• Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375
    yeah it was my home for 8 years I miss the crafting as it is sub-par in every other game. Space combat was even better I hate TORs bird on a wire set-up. I wish Disney would pull their heads out of their collective butts and work a deal with SOE for SWG2 now that the LA idiots are out of the picture.

• TimEisenTimEisen ColumnistMember EpicPosts: 3,293

I agree, I think FTP swg would own that abomination masquerading as an MMO.