Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who came out ahead after all is said and done?

RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Hey,

So E3 is over, there was a lot of information on where we can expect the industry to go within the next 5 - 10 years with next gen.

What are your thoughts on this years E3?

What did you guys see that shocked you?

What games are you guys looking forward to?

I think after everything was said and done, for me I was looking forward to Destiny and The Order the most. I am still cautious about the new Final Fantasy because it looks like Square is still not listening to what the fans want and they are doing their own thing like always. Thoughts on that?

I know that some of you are PC gamers and really could care less about consoles but humor us with your opinions.

Comments

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    WE.... THE PEOPLE!!!

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• Yodi2007Yodi2007 Member Posts: 167

I say Sony, Nintendo and The Gamers! I'm highly pissed at M$ now the first time was over my Original Xbox that died in less than 3 months, called tech support who instead of fixing the box sent it back still broken with a new power cord. They refused to take it back but hey I loved it soo much that I went out and purchased another one this time a modified one! 

The Second time was when they were denying the 360's had the RROD. I went through and the 360 repaired 3 thimes.

Even thought I wasn't planning on buying the XB1, M$ came out arrogant in reports and dodging questions (especially when Angry Joe talked with Major Nelson). With Don Mattrick saying his stupid comments and brushing of the consumers is a PR nightmare!

So in conclusion M$ will never see another $.$$ from me ever!!!! And yeah there are ways to get windows for free! :P

Below is where we can disscuss and come up with new ideas for Sandparks!

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5164689#5164689

• AkumawraithAkumawraith Member UncommonPosts: 370

I voted none of the above.

Simply put the consoles aside.. its a no brainer Sony won that lil fight. but offered little else and even that could change prior to release.

Now Game wise.... I didn't see anything that really rattled my brain box, nor did anything set my heart a thumpin. The big AAA titles I expected to see weren't there but MMOmagic and RSi all had people on the ground there.

EQnext.. I dunno I played EQ and saw the trailer and thought.. same poor graphics? please take a number and go sit in the corner please. TESO had a wow feel... dunno... anyone else tired of the wow clone fever? Sure had beautiful graphics, but still... really? Destiny from Bungy... First person shooter in a futuristic setting fighting aliens... wow sounds really familiar, but from Bungy one can only hope for a kick a$$ story line. but that is still an unknown.. and its primarily for console with PC as an after thought.

So yet another year passes and except for the same old graphics. game play and omg lets not mention that dragon game with unlimited ceiling... at 110 ft or so... its embarrassing to state something and then for it be so not true on testing it... The Shame.

Blizzard pushed back Titan.... not surprising really. let see.. what else was out there worth mentioning.. hrm nope didnt see anything to match what is coming in the next two years. so all I gotta say is continue with the same old BS and waste your money folks cus there isn't much out there.... yet.

Played: UO, LotR, WoW, SWG, DDO, AoC, EVE, Warhammer, TF2, EQ2, SWTOR, TSW, CSS, KF, L4D, AoW, WoT

Playing: The Secret World until Citadel of Sorcery goes into Alpha testing.

Tired of: Linear quest games, dailies, and dumbed down games

Anticipating:Citadel of Sorcery

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903

Microsoft lost.

Nintendo didn't draw do anything to get viral.

Sony made good use of viral videos to diss on competitors/promote their stuff...  Even though they're doing more of the same.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

SOE didn't show anything that sucked.  That's what it takes to come out ahead these days:  NOT showing your MMO.

It's pretty sad.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

PC as usual!!!!

The Witcher 3!!!!!!!!

DayZ maybe but still on fence even tho im huge fan of the MOD im not sure about standalone?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I got almost nothing i needed to know from E3 just advertising and PR work.

I am sure some press and media outlets got more useful information than we did.

As for listening,it is near impossible to listen to everyone,you have to as producer make a decision on what will work.Yoshi had his staff actually play hundreds of hours of mainstream games to see what works,what makes those games successful.

Yoshi had so much incredible news to share,i think i got more from him than the entire show offered.But of course FFXIV is a massive game ready for launch where as many of the games in E3 are far from launch.

What i have been anxiously waiting to see is someone some where come up with some new creative ideas and not just money saving ideas but good quality game ideas,E3 showed me nothing creative but then again some games are still a secret.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Originally posted by arieste

SOE didn't show anything that sucked.  That's what it takes to come out ahead these days:  NOT showing your MMO.

Haha yeah and in that perspective Blizzard actually came out even better. Maybe the best way to release a MMO is to not let expectations build up so high that it can only be a let-down; SoE kept quiet long but already said too much about EqNext, unless they are close to a beta already.