Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Funcom Why

RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

So with Patch 1.7 released, the devs have made another attempt at taking the games life. You should know me by now as somone who defends TSW no matter what happens. However in a attempt to balence Assault rifle, they decided to nerf all multi hit. which hits Pistol, Chaos, Fist, Blood(somewhat) equally. these weapons were now nerfed aswell. so Pistol, Chaos, Fist and Blood now underperform. AR is balenced, however the cost was high. I have a raid tonight which im going to be dealing 1k LESS dps because of this change.

I know that people should say i shouldn't be suprised, but really this is really dumb.

Because i can.
I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
Logic every gamers worst enemy.

Comments

• BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398

Adjust and adapt?

Balancing of skills will continue to happen. You pet skills are going to be nerfed again in the future. Skills you have never thought much of may become viable.

If the game was launched with all abilities like they are now, you would get used to this being the "way it should be" from the start. Then it would have seemed "just right."

I like every change that freshen up the game, and make people think through their skill sets again.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    while i can agree with the "change is good" i can't agree with nerfing 4 weapons to balance 1. but nothing has become more viable, and the idea of being multi hit other than AR is now laughable. the idea was Diversity, doing damage your way. now its Doing damage as single hit attacks are far superior.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Bjelar
    Adjust and adapt?Balancing of skills will continue to happen. You pet skills are going to be nerfed again in the future. Skills you have never thought much of may become viable.If the game was launched with all abilities like they are now, you would get used to this being the "way it should be" from the start. Then it would have seemed "just right."I like every change that freshen up the game, and make people think through their skill sets again.

It's kind of a necessary evil. Even if things were nicely balanced, they would have to unbalance them so that people would have to take a look at their builds and their weapons and maybe mix things up a little bit.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398

I'm not saying OP is wrong, but the developers have got access to a MASSIVE amount of data and numbers from raids and groups and they SHOULD know what they are doing.

If they have gone too far or done something stupid, I certainly hope it isn't the last time they change and adjust skills. They will probably get it more or less "right" (whatever that is) eventually.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    hmm funny I used a AR as amin weapon, since beta and never had a problem with damage, but if you are saying they nerfed aoe skill from these weapon jsut to keep the aoe damage of AR ok, I belive you are wrong on that
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    I use AR only in PvP ,yes nerfed hardly ...but seems funcom starting to listening baby cry players it is where this game going wrong now .