Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good PVP MMO

ScubaSteve34ScubaSteve34 Member Posts: 18

Well I'm starting to get that MMO itch again and was looking through the list and it seems it has grown by quite a lot. I played WOW for a few years until they decided to ruin it, since then I really just play TSW here and there, but it just doesn't scratch that damn MMO itch. I will outline a few things below that I'm looking for in an MMO and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction, or at least share some opinions on their favorite MMO's.

1. High Player base - Nothing worst then walking around an empty world
  2. Great PVP - This is important, pvp is the thing i do most in mmos, open-world or not
  3. Decent Graphics - Not older than 5-6 years
  4. Social - Easy to communicate and group with other players
  5. Gameplay - Something that's not the same Quests/Objectives in a different wrapper. Example: Kill x amount of x OR Collect x amount of x
Subs, FTP, BTP or anything else is fine.

I've played SWTOR, GW2, LOTRO, TSW, RIFT and TERA when it first released. I"ll take any suggestions or opinions on choosing a new MMO. Thanks.

Comments

• ScubaSteve34ScubaSteve34 Member Posts: 18
    Im thinking of trying Unholy Wars.....
  • StoverStover Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Give Dark Ages of Camelot a try.
  • AreQAreQ Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Eve Online.
  • UndeadlyUndeadly Member Posts: 52
    Hi, Defiance is alot better than I expected.  It has PVP as well as Co-op missions.  It is third person but very similar to Borderlands.  The PVP in the game is pretty  good.  
    I tried Defiance, it wasn't really my thing. I seen a lot of hackers as well in that game. I have an EVE Online account, but EVE is more for friends than anything. I was going to try the new Darkfall until I read how much hate was around for it. I would give DAOC a try but its a bit to outdated for me to enjoy. Any other suggestions? What games are you currently playing?
  • evictonevicton Member Posts: 398

Given your requirements the game your looking for has not been made.  With your graphics requirement the three closest games are.

DFUW

Age of Wushu

Planet Side 2 (though your dislike for defiance makes me think this isn't for you either)

If those don't float your boat your gonna have to either look at older games or play something and hope a new release has what your looking for. And that won't happen this year as both WildStar and Archage if they even get released this year are both quest driven games.

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    I think Darkfall: Unholy Wars is your ticket.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

I was very interested in Unholy Wars but so many people seem to have problems with it or dislike it. I already seen 4 threads saying the game population is on the decline. I will change my OP for graphics to, no older then 5 years. My concern is though, that if I purchase Unholy Wars and its a buggy mess or is terrible like a few people have stated, I'm kind of out of luck. I tried TERA when it first released, has it improved any? Also hows the PVP in that game?
    I might try TERA...... anyone currently playing it? Whats good about it?
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Wushu or bust. 

Where Wushu differs from DF;UW is the number and depth of systems. It's a virtual world, FFA,  with no safe zone, that's civil, do to the best risk reward system on the market. 

Guild Keeps bigger than Stormwind, guild wars, school wars. Skill based  time leveled progression system similar to EVE. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Originally posted by evicton

Given your requirements the game your looking for has not been made.  With your graphics requirement the three closest games are.

DFUW

Age of Wushu

Planet Side 2 (though your dislike for defiance makes me think this isn't for you either)

If those don't float your boat your gonna have to either look at older games or play something and hope a new release has what your looking for. And that won't happen this year as both WildStar and Archage if they even get released this year are both quest driven games.

DFUW is not optimized very well and is hard for most people to run with decent fps unless you have a high end rig. The game is already dying off, I have played since first day of beta, and I wouldn't recommend the game personally. PS2 isn't bad. AoW has a lot to offer if you can swing the Asian feel to it.