Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Botting and Game Hacking - Saving Grace or Evil from Below?

emistzemistz Member Posts: 54
P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

How do you feel about botting and/or hacking in multilayer games? I for one am torn on this, I think that botting and/or hacking could damage some player's experiences in the game.  On the other hands, most games have certain tasks that are so mind-numbingly boring that without bots or hacking a lot of people would not even bother to play the game.

There's also somewhat of a moral dilemma to it.  A lot of people, understandably, don't like others to be able to acquire resources without putting in work. It is not so much a matter of advantage but a matter of principle.  No one likes that person who cheats and gets all the benefits without putting in any work.

But then, some games' mechanics are so broken that they require hacks.  One example that comes to mind was the EVE probing mechanic.  People had made injected hacks to make probing much easier way before CCP decided to get around and implement it themselves.  The CCP implementation turned out to be remarkably close to what the hacks used to do.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Your signature image and statement implies that there is no moral dilemma to learning to 'hack' a game. It actually states the hacking is needed knowledge to become "Pro' at something. 

Your statement combined with your signature are not enticing enough to cause me to care about reading your blog.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • emistzemistz Member Posts: 54
    Originally posted by Grunty

Your signature image and statement implies that there is no moral dilemma to learning to 'hack' a game. It actually states the hacking is needed knowledge to become "Pro' at something. 

Your statement combined with your signature are not enticing enough to cause me to care about reading your blog.

Are you suggesting that my personal views on the subject eliminates any moral dilemas on the subject?

Man, I wish everyone was like you, then I could get all sorts of things legalized.