Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What will be your starting race/class

JigawattsJigawatts Member UncommonPosts: 48

Let's just say, for the sake of this thread, that they implement a class system in EQN. What do you plan to be your starting characters/main characters race and class, and why?

I will most likely be rolling a Wood Elf Druid...and hopefully not falling off the bridges of Kelethin :P

As for the why, if you can't tell from my avatar, I'm all about classes with versatility.

*this is not a thread to argue over the merits of a class based system vs a skill based system, it is merely for fun to discuss future hypothetical characters.

Comments

• keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438
    High elf enchanter or a berserker/barby
  • ZolbZolb Member UncommonPosts: 53
    it will be either a bard or warrior, not sure race, depends what you can select from.
  • Jagsman32Jagsman32 Member Posts: 109
    Dark-Elf Monk or High-Elf Enchanter
  • dandurindandurin Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Iksar Shadow Knight if possible, or Ratonga Enchanter or Troll Shaman.
  • kellian1kellian1 Member UncommonPosts: 237

Dark Elf Necromancer or Warlock for the main and probably Barbarian Guardian for alt.

Wife will probably go with Half Elf Druid and probably some offensive caster class for alt.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

If they have classes, and not a skill tree system, it would be a Dark Elf Necro, played one in EQ1 and was my favorite class ever, for class based systems.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

Where did you guys find the class/race list? Oh ya, there isn't one yet....

Anyone want to build a tent fort they are so fun to build

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    Iksar Monk.
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Jigawatts

Let's just say, for the sake of this thread, that they implement a class system in EQN. What do you plan to be your starting characters/main characters race and class, and why?

I will most likely be rolling a Wood Elf Druid...and hopefully not falling off the bridges of Kelethin :P

As for the why, if you can't tell from my avatar, I'm all about classes with versatility.

*this is not a thread to argue over the merits of a class based system vs a skill based system, it is merely for fun to discuss future hypothetical characters.

Never played Everquest but I would want to play some sort of Dark Elf, Death Knight type of class.  Something with Melee/Magic & Heavy Armor is always my preferred style of play.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Ratonga Beastlord

Iksar Assassin

Drakkin Druid

Troll Shadowknight

Halfling Bard

Arghhh so many choices! Lets hope character slots arent too expensive :P

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Magician.......race , waiting to see racials
  • fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506
    Halfling, Gnome, Fay ( any short race) - Bard
  • Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

Human Monk

Freeport side. (If there will be a choice between Qeynos and Freeport, as usual)

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Troll - Bridgebuilder
  • Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    I'm thinking I would probably go Dark Elf SK or Necro.....leaning more towards the Melee. I played a Paladin for years on EQ1 Emarr, time to spend quality time on the other side of the fence.
  • sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by Jigawatts

Never played Everquest but I would want to play some sort of Dark Elf, Death Knight type of class.  Something with Melee/Magic & Heavy Armor is always my preferred style of play.

You sir are looking for the Darkelf Shadow Knight, As for mine it would have to be a Human bard (starting in Qeynos) or a High elf enchanter.

• BaratukBaratuk Member UncommonPosts: 27
    I will start as a High elf magician, and eventually  make a ogre shadowknight.
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362

Eurdite Wizard

Dark Elf Necro

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Wood-Elf Ranger with Dule weild swords called " Lighting and Earth "

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    Ratonga <whatever class sounds unique to EQN>

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001
    Definitely a Necro for me.  I'll wait to see how the faction system rolls out before I consider races.  I always found being KoS to be a bit hindering.

• keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438
    I rember reading back in 2009 about how they were gonna make all races in eq playable in eqn including races like gnolls,centures,giants and goblins. If it is true i would love to be a ranger centaur or warrior sand giant lol.
  • DejoblueDejoblue Member UncommonPosts: 307

Wood Elf Druid

Dwarf Warrior or Guardian whatever tanks.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

some sort of healer/support class like my ogre shaman i had back in the day.

if they have ogre shamans, that's what i will likely be as long as i like the character model.

i hope they keep the same kind of race and class combos, even if it is a sandbox game.

not really a fan of skill based systems but if EQN has that, i will shape my character to be the best healer/support class he can be.

• MartinmasMartinmas Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Human Monk