Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Class System - Not to bad.

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

http://arche-age.info/classes

Here are all schools available in the game:

1. Combat (Contains skills for Melee combat. Must have for melee warriors)
Combat – symbol of the Kirios God. Kirios is a god of war that helps his adherents to win the fight. He has no mercy to enemies. Combat skills will help you to deal great melee damage to your enemies and increase your attack speed.

Avaliable Skills:

• Vandals Slash – hits the enemy 4 times in a row;
  • Chyeoolrigi – hits the enemy and lifts him above the ground (lasts 1.2 seconds);
  • Gareugi land – hits all nearby enemies and decreases their movement speed. (50% decrease for 3 seconds);
  • Light of her hands – increases your attack speed by 33% Lasts 15 seconds;
  • Hoeohribegi - pushes the enemy;
  • Congestion - increases your attack speed and damage by 5% Lasts 30 seconds.

2. Illusion
Illusion – symbol of Dahuta Goddess. Dahuta is a Goddess of sea and changes. You can block or stop enemy attacks. You will be able to summon evil spirits to help.

Avaliable Skills:

• Mental fracture – hits the enemy and decreases his energy Lasts 5 seconds;
  • Hands of the land - hits the enemy and immobilizes him for a period of time;
  • Vertigo – decreases movement speed and damage of the enemy by 50% for 9 seconds;
  • Bubbles - fetters the enemy in a bubble, and raises it in the air;
  • Whispers of fear – fears your enemy;
  • Summons evil – summons evil pet.

3. Adamant
Adamant - symbol of the Shatigon God. Shatigon will help you to increase your HP and armor. He also cam make you invulnerable and nobody will damage you. You can also protect your friends by taking all aggression. Must have school for all tanks.

Avaliable Skills:

• Shield hit – hits the enemy with a shield. Stops spell casting;
  • Chiltemyeon Hit – makes you insensitive to stun and increases your armor by 5-30% for 15 seconds.
  • Farewell to arms – hits and disarms the enemy for 6 seconds;
  • Increase in life – increases your HP by 79 for 20 minutes;
  • Look At Me – gives 75% chance to attract enemies attention for 5 seconds;
  • Invincible - invulnerable for 12 seconds.

4. Will 
Will - symbol of the Sal God. Sal is a god of portals and seals. He can control vitality forces and he gives you an ability to deal great magic damage to nearby enemies. You cam also protect your friends from magic attacks and block enemies’ spells.

Avaliable Skills:

• Teleportation – teleports you 20 meters ahead;
  • Sodeurakjil – stops spell casting;
  • Explosion energy – AoE attack hits all enemies in the area;
  • Magic off – increase magical resistance;
  • Energy generation – converts HP to manna;
  • Roar Magic - ??? DoT attack.

5. Wild
Wild – symbol of Tahyan. It is an honest warrior who defends his alliance. You can use range attacks to defeat your enemies. Tahyan gives you have ability to tame wild creatures.

Avaliable Skills:

• Dokhwasal – hits an enemy with ranged attack giving some kind of effect for 9 seconds;
  • Rise – allows you to levitate;
  • Take the beast - tames an animal;
  • Shock Arrow - stuns your enemy for 3.2 seconds;
  • Survival Instinct - increases your movement speed for 23 seconds. Makes you immune to fear. Constantly spends hp and manna;
  • Arrows rain - AoE attack. Lasts for 6 seconds.

6. Assassin 
Assassin – symbol of a brave assassin, who gave up life for one vocation. Skills from this school will be very beneficial in PvP battles.

Avaliable Skills:

• Unhealed wounds – hits your enemy and adds DoT. He will be receiving periodic damage for next 5 seconds. Decreases his attack speed by 20%;
  • Stealth – you become invisible, but your movement speed decreases by 50%;
  • Shadow Strike – attacks from stealth dealing serious damage;
  • Healing kisses – healing spell that will restore a part of your HP and has 50% probability to remove debuff;
  • Quick moves – increases your movement speed and dodge ability by 200% You will also be insensitive to poison for 15 sec;
  • Raided – hits an enemy with a powerful ranged attack. Enemy will receive 140% of extra damage and will be stunned for a while.

7. Devotion
Devotion – symbol of Cyprusa, gatekeeper of world of dreams. Skills from this school will help you to resurrect allies and heal them. You will be able to increase their energy.

Avaliable Skills:

• Light and darkness – hits enemies and heals allies;
  • Vitality like a fountain – healing allies’ hit points for 15 seconds;
  • Love and Friendship - regenerates hit points;
  • Resurrection - resurrects any dead ally (not for battle);
  • The recovery room - creates special area where every player can rest and recover;
  • Nightfall – makes you and your allies are covered and invisible

48 skills in the entire game? Please telll me I'm missing something. I know some will say "You don't need a bunch of  similar skills," Of course you don't. I like a bunch unique skills. Coming from TSW to Wushu, 48 skills in the entire game is very concerning.
"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

This is just the Combat profession, not talking about crafting, harvesting ect.

As for the combat profession there are 10 jobs :

Artistry - This job is for those who want to be a Bard type player. Mass debuffs (used to control the enemy), enhancing buffs for allies (they are massive beasts), indispensable branch for tech support, good passives for enhancing abilities of this tree.

Calling - This job is for those who want to be a Rouge type player. Instant motion, go behind the targets back, excellent offensive skills, and self-buff passives to maximize the chance to kill the target, the ability to disappear from sight of the enemy.

Combat - This job is for those who want to become a Warrior type player. Singlemassive attacks, specializing in weapons, fast movement, pulling the enemy to itself, reinforcing self buffs.

Will - This job is for those who want to be a Paladin type player. This tree is specialized to protect the player, avoid attacks, protection against debuffs, increased HP, teleport short distances on the battlefield, has skills for mass immunity to magic for the party/raid.

Devotion - This job is for those who want to be a Cleric type of player. A huge set of spells to save the life of your allies and the target, massive spells and self buffs, passives to amplify the power of healing magic.

Wild - This job is for those who want to be a Ranger type player. A tree for archers, a different set of offensive skills, debuffs to control the target, and self-buff passives to reinforcing possession of ranged weapons, can tame animals.

Fortification - This job is for those who want to be a EQ's Shadowknight type of player. Debuff skills to control the enemies, excellent self-buff active and passive skills, aggro controlling, temporary invulnerability.

Magic - This job is for those who want to be a wizzard type of player. A huge arsenal of mass magical attacks, a nice set of passive skills that increases magical attacks.

Conjury/Illusion - This job is for those who want to be a CC mage type of player. This tree contains single and mass debuffs (silence, roots, sleep, etc), self buffs, player can pretend to be dead, for those who are want to control (CC) their enemies.

Death - This job is for those who want to be a Necromancer type of player. Black magic (there Vampire), to control the enemies with debuffs (lard, paralysis, telekinesis, slow), enhance magical critical rate.

Defining your Character in the Combat profession

- There are 10 jobs in total under the Combat Proffesion from which you are able to choose 3 jobs which will define your character, resulting in a total of 120 different class combinations.

- Each job has 3 trees, every tree has 11 active and 5 passive skills, so each class has 33+15 aka 48 skills ready, from which you can chose 23 skills which will define your character.

- Every skill tree has its own level, they are levelling same as the character does (level 50 is the max), and also all the skills have level requirements (depending on the skill trees level and not on the characters level).

Here is the list of the 120 class combinations under the Combat Profession :

http://img3.mmo.mmo4arab.com/newforum/upload//2012/03/22/1332485189580.jpg

http://img3.mmo.mmo4arab.com/newforum/upload//2012/03/22/1332485197197.jpg

http://img3.mmo.mmo4arab.com/newforum/upload//2012/03/22/1332485255737.jpg

http://img3.mmo.mmo4arab.com/newforum/upload//2012/03/22/1332485265778.jpg

Passive Skills

In order to choose the first passive skill from a tree, the player needs to have 1 active skill chosen from that tree, to unlock the second passive skill you need to have 2 skills selected from the given tree, for the third passive 3 skills, for the fourth passive 5 skills, and if there is a fifth passive then you need to have 7 skills selected from the tree in order to be able to take that passive skill (this doesn't mean all 7 skills need to be active skills, passives count into this too).

Combo Skills

Skills have different results depending on what buffs are on the player or debuffs on the target. Some of them have been changed, and many new combos have been added, now almost every skill had 2-3 combos, and a few even have 4 combos.

List of Skill combos (Russian version)

http://archeagegame.ru/media/k2/galleries/186/aaetoprostov111900.jpg

Other Combat Proffesion Info

- Players may choose 1 job at Char level 1, a second at level 5 and the third job at level 10.

- Each job has its own skills and level along with the player as they hunt, craft and quest.

- Each skill has advanced versions and costs coin to improve as the job level increases.

- Skills can be reset at a trainer, and will then cost coin to be improved to the job level.

- Skill Jobs can be reset as well, starting L20 iirc, and will then default to L10 and the school will need to be revelled. For example a L50 player dump all 3 of their jobs for 3 new ones, although they are L50, their 3 new jobs are L10 and would need to be advanced through normal levelling, until which time the player would only have access to lower level skills.

Skill Calculator

Here is a new English Skill Calculator that has added all the new info and is up to date in the Combat Profession, they even have the skill combos at the bottom ! Try it and see how you would like to Define your character.

http://archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200

OP please learn how to search for up to date information and stop spreading misinformation!

What you posted is from CBT3!

In AA there are 10 trees, 11 active and 5 passive skills in each tree, every mount and battle pet has 5 skills, every vehicle has its own skills (boats, gliders, car, tractor, siege vehicles, special weapons... etc), also there is synergy between the skills, some skills have an effect on each other, also status effects have an effect on skills.

You can find the almost up do date skills here (CBT5):

ArchaAgeSource-ClassTrees&Skills

You can find an up to date character planner here (KR Live):

EnglishAA-SkillCalculator/CharacterPlanner

There is just too much misinformation going on about AA on this site.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Would be nice if Trion began acting like they had some more interest in this game.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,007
    You can make your own classes. There is 120 combinations to chose from. 

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf
    Would be nice if Trion began acting like they had some more interest in this game.

This. I was up late last night, and it just dawned on me that over all this time, I hadn't heard a thing about skills/classes. I didn't even know if the game had classes. 

Thanks for the information. There looks to be around 110 skills active combat skills. The system seems a little like RIFT's soul system. I had good times with the RIFT system. 

You guys have eased my fears for the most part. There's still one thing that's a little concerning, "some jobs work better with others." I hope it's not hard wired kinda like RIFT is, with overlapping skills. 

Thank you again. I'll change the title and hope we get more info.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352

One other thing to note about AA class system is that you can cherry pick your skills. There are no prerequisites from any skill or passive so if you'd like you could only take the top skills alone or whatever combo you choose.

In addition, you can level them all and respec back to another class and since every class tree needs to be independently leveled to 50, you can always switch back and still retain any levels you gained previously.

• Psylon_1982Psylon_1982 Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf

This. I was up late last night, and it just dawned on me that over all this time, I hadn't heard a thing about skills/classes. I didn't even know if the game had classes. 

Thanks for the information. There looks to be around 110 skills active combat skills. The system seems a little like RIFT's soul system. I had good times with the RIFT system. 

You guys have eased my fears for the most part. There's still one thing that's a little concerning, "some jobs work better with others." I hope it's not hard wired kinda like RIFT is, with overlapping skills. 

Thank you again. I'll change the title and hope we get more info.

What worries me, is genuinely interested people such as BcBully, (who knows to what magnitude in population), are all falling into the same situation. Yet Trion, for whom i have had much respect for over these years has not even posted the most basic of informative sites on their own game up to draw in such parties. Is this responsibility of selling this fantastic game really left up to the customers in the mmo genre?

It is such a shame, i loved this game in Korean beta, so much miss information out here, i do not even bother responding or correcting it anymore, Trion should pay you guys a stipend for your help when you do, some of you guys are really on top of it, over... and over... again.