Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which MMORPG should I start playing? :)

BluesbreakerBluesbreaker Member Posts: 2

Hi there,

I'm looking for an MMORPG to play. I'm not a beginner in the MMORPG world, I've played Silkroad Online for 4 years and I got bored of it because it has become so deserted and it's full of nothing but bots now. I've also tried DC Universe Online, Lord of the Rings Online and Dungeons and Dragons Online.

Anyway, there are A LOT of MMORPGs out there so I'll try to narrow it down to a few things that are important to me in an MMO:

1- The most important thing to me is PLAYERBASE/POPULARITY. I don't want to play a game where I feel like it's a single player game. (Yeah, I know about WoW, but I don't like it)

2- I don't care if it's Subscription based as long as there is a free to play trial where I can play the game until I reach a certain level or something, but NO BUY TO PLAY GAMES!

3- Good graphics and animations (NOT Runescape or Conquer Online).

4- I would prefer a new and popular MMO. Released in 2012 or 2013.

Here's a list of games that I'm thhinking of trying:

-Age of Conan

-Continent of the Ninth

-Everquest II

-SWTOR

-Darkfall: unholy Wars

-Going back to LOTRO and giving it another try!

Which one of those has the largest playerbase? Or should I try all of them and decide?

Sorry for making this too long, and sorry for my bad english. :)

I want as many replies as possible!

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

I'd suggest Rift or Tera. Both are fret to play, seem to have a stable playerbase, and are newer than most games you mentioned.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

Sure, just confuse the whole choice thing with a bunch of replies from people you don't know who have no idea what you like.

From the list of things you state you do like, you say you want a 2012 2013 game.  That already contradicts a lot of games on your list.

Just make a decision on your own.  All you will get here is people telling you what games they like.   How is that helpful?

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Most MMOs are F2P now. There is no reason not to spend some time to check all of them out.

There is little to lose, aside from a little time.

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

Hmm ... I tried playing around with custom filters on the "game list" (see the row of tabs higher on this page), but even just filtering by release date didn't work.

( I haven't personally played enough of the recently-released games to feel I can offer you an informed suggestion )

• Reza82Reza82 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    I have been looking for a new game recently too, i`ve tried most of what you have on the list and I have been having fun with Age of conan and it is surprisingly fairly populated (set server).  
  • ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899
    I am not always sure what I like.. how can I help some one I don't know find a game?  I'm playing AoC right now.   I like it. Maybe next month I will try something else. Games are so alike today, in my opinion of course, that I don't think the name of the game means much. Just play a MMO, if you don't like it try another. They are all the same. Except EVE.  

Currently bored with MMO's.

• BluesbreakerBluesbreaker Member Posts: 2

Seeing the replies here, I guess I'm gonna have to try them out one by one..

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    Would say eq2 but you want 2012 or 2013 so might say try neverwinter
  • Master.RyuMaster.Ryu Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Originally posted by maplestone

Hmm ... I tried playing around with custom filters on the "game list" (see the row of tabs higher on this page), but even just filtering by release date didn't work.

( I haven't personally played enough of the recently-released games to feel I can offer you an informed suggestion )

MMORPG.com's game search isn't the greatest. I feel it needs revamped to feel as if you're using a quality search that isn't speculation or incorrect in certain categories. I remember using it years ago, haven't checked it out since due to these reasons.

I find it odd that you'd prefer subscription based games and don't want to play a buy to play game, quite the opposite for me. It wouldn't be a bad idea to give some of the top suggested games a look at. I'm not going to throw some huge list of games at you, although I could with the amount of free to play games I have tried over the decade. Some of the MMORPG's that I've enjoyed playing include Aion, Age of Conan, Neverwinter and RIFT. Each of these games have their own unique feature(s) that make it different from most of the MMO's, in my opinion anyways.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

I'm playing and loving darkfall.  There are two servers, a North American and a European.  The population is very good on the NA server but I hear the pop on Eu is poor.  Darkfall is a huge game and because of the type of game, you are going to want to find areas off the beaten path so that you can farm.

darkfall has no trial and would be difficult to implement one due to the nature of the game.   Fortunately there are lots of videos for you to watch to make an informed decision. 

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by Bluesbreaker

Hi there,

I'm looking for an MMORPG to play. I'm not a beginner in the MMORPG world, I've played Silkroad Online for 4 years and I got bored of it because it has become so deserted and it's full of nothing but bots now. I've also tried DC Universe Online, Lord of the Rings Online and Dungeons and Dragons Online.

Anyway, there are A LOT of MMORPGs out there so I'll try to narrow it down to a few things that are important to me in an MMO:

1- The most important thing to me is PLAYERBASE/POPULARITY. I don't want to play a game where I feel like it's a single player game. (Yeah, I know about WoW, but I don't like it)

2- I don't care if it's Subscription based as long as there is a free to play trial where I can play the game until I reach a certain level or something, but NO BUY TO PLAY GAMES!

3- Good graphics and animations (NOT Runescape or Conquer Online).

4- I would prefer a new and popular MMO. Released in 2012 or 2013.

Here's a list of games that I'm thhinking of trying:

-Age of Conan- If you haven't played the game then you should, it's a decent mmo with the best looking characters and graphics to date imo.

-Continent of the Ninth

-Everquest II- Wow so you have never tried EQ2 lol, you have a mmo that has the most content, lore, races, classes, best housing and countless dungeons all new to you.

-SWTOR- 

-Darkfall: unholy Wars- Are you looking for FFAfull loot pvp?

-Going back to LOTRO and giving it another try!

Which one of those has the largest playerbase? Or should I try all of them and decide?

Sorry for making this too long, and sorry for my bad english. :)

I want as many replies as possible!

Thanks in advance :)

Does the largest player base really matter, most have a decent seize player base, it's not like you are playing on one server.

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494

You are very vague, almost any MMORPG would fit your criteria.  Try narrowing it down by maybe mentioning games you liked in the past or what part of an MMO appeals to you the most.

FFXIV has the best graphics.  I play it, you can get into beta for free.  It launches August 27th.

• HothloveHothlove Member UncommonPosts: 126

I always thought Lotro didn't have so many quests. Sometimes I would have a hard time finding them. Forexample Im lvl 30 I have done the ones north from the shire and the ones in lonelands and Ive been searching for 30 minutes in northdowns just running around. I got a higher lvl and I can not remember what I did, but somehow I've had the same troubles at other points with my 47guardian.

Of the games you listed i would say give swtor a try. It's a long download but in this game you dont have to read quest logs, and in someway I think most just skip those and miss out some story. The combat vary, some classes are funner than others. you will have to play around abit.

I've tried age of conan but found it very boring.

EQ2 is probably the best thing after Lotro since it's much of the same. And it's fantasy too. Ive played it a bit longer than lotro ad thought it was easier to lvl up in.

• btraillbtraill Member UncommonPosts: 97
    One of the only games I would push for others to try on your list is: Darkfall Unholy Wars. Not too much of a fan of the others.
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Bluesbreaker

Seeing the replies here, I guess I'm gonna have to try them out one by one..

+1

That's the only real way to know if a game might be right for you

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by maji

I'd suggest Rift or Tera. Both are fret to play, seem to have a stable playerbase, and are newer than most games you mentioned.

I have to agree. Neverwinter works fine as well.

Guildwars 2 have an initial cost but it have try out weekends at times, it is really worth a look though since it have a lot more players than any of the other mentioned games (besides Wow who OP said he isn't interested in). It is really well made and fun even though it's endgame needs some improvement to keep the players hooked long term.

If I were OP I would try TERA first. :)

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    i'd say eq2, aoc, or rift. probably rift is your best bet.
  • Jadedangel1Jadedangel1 Member UncommonPosts: 187
    Originally posted by maji

^This! Both were my first choices when I started reading the OP since they definitely fit the criteria.

But based on the list in the post I would say, Darkfall.

• vkejaivkejai Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Hi, I guess game choice depends on what you want to do at end game level ? PVP , PvE raiding , crafting , altoholic , casual.... Some games are better than others depending what choices at end game.
  • SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    If community is important to you, it doesn't hurt to go read the games' forums.  I am also of the opinion to keep trying all the ones you are interested in, eventually you will gravitate toward one.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

@OP, like some said early, i recommend you check Rift, Tera and Aion. Full Free2Play themepark options out there with the best free model available in the market right now.

I would have recommended my favorite mmo (GW2) but you dont want to purchase a game before trying it so the 3 i mentioned above are three free great choices.