Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well, they locked my poll...

sunisuni Member Posts: 59
They locked my poll that I didn't think deserve to be locked, so I logged out  from there and left the site... I think I'll hang here until I regain my composure... If I stayed logged in over there I might lose my cool and get myself into trouble, hehe...

Comments

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

You're more than welcome to stay here. Feel free to post good or bad opinions on the game just as long as you give a good reason why.

Also, just be mindful of others here and not flame people personally with different opinions than you. Other than that, it should be honky dory fine.

Welcome to the site

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• SquittySquitty Member Posts: 342

They locked what poll where? what was th poll about?maybe they had a good reason to lock it?

• sunisuni Member Posts: 59

Originally posted by En1Gma

You're more than welcome to stay here. Feel free to post good or bad opinions on the game just as long as you give a good reason why.
    Also, just be mindful of others here and not flame people personally with different opinions than you. Other than that, it should be honky dory fine.
    Welcome to the site

I enjoy reading the opinions of others and I don't even know how to "flame" so I don't think there will be a problem there... *smile*

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

I see nothing wrong with his reasoning for locking your poll. It -would- have led to nothing but flames. You seem to be finding eny excuse possibly to leave the boards there. Don't worry, I'm sure your stay here will be much kinder (LOL)

In case you couldn't tell, that was sarcasm. Your stay here will consist of nothing but Jackdog and Inferno as well as a few other every day trolls bashing you and flaming you for liking the game. It's just the way things are here. You're not allowed to like a game and post consctructively about why YOU like the game. They'll just come in with why THEY hate it and why YOU shouldn't like it anymore.

Believe me, you'll enjoy the DnL boards a lot more if you give them another chance. You can actually talk with others who like the game there.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

welcome to the boards. I hope we will be able to have intellegent debates over the the game. Most of the fansboys debate techniques seems to only consist of consists of only schoolyard taunts and name calling with precious little logic. I don't blame you for leaving the DnL boards at all, they have degraded a lot in the past year, and  grow worse on a daily basis. between that and the AD's nazi like enforcement , I rarely go there myself as of late and I have been a member over there since 2003 with over a thousand posts.

Originally posted by Sheista

Believe me, you'll enjoy the DnL boards a lot more if you give them another chance. You can actually talk with others who like the game there.

In other words you guys and gals over there take delight in stroking each others ignorance and hypeing the game. Lord help you if you ever say anything that may cast even the slightest doubt that this game wil cause WoW's server to be empty by May 30.

I miss DAoC

[quote]Originally posted by Jackdog
    In other words you guys and gals over there take delight in stroking each others ignorance and hypeing the game. Lord help you if you ever say anything that may cast even the slightest doubt that this game wil cause WoW's server to be empty by May 30.[/b][/quote]

Case in point.

But no, Jackdog.. that's not it.

And I'm not one of those fanboys you seem to keep grouping into one group. I don't believe this game will be nearly as popular as WoW. In fact, I recently resubscribed to WoW to play with some real life friends while I wait. I'm simply hoping it will be 'the next big game' for -me-. Asheron's Call was never as popular as a lot of games, but it's the game that none have come close to beating in my mind. It was my big game, and I played it for years. I want DnL to be the next big game.

You're too set on the fact that "This game will suck.. stop acting like it's good", to realize that people's opinions of games are different than yours. I personally -hate- so many aspects of WoW, but I realize that it's a well-made game, and it's not terrible to the point of me not wanting to play it at all. I'm just waiting for something else to come out. I'm sure if you were to go play Asheron's Call, you'd say "WTF is this pile of trash?" or something along those lines.

Would also like to point out that when I first started posting here, you played both sides of the argument, and you did it well. Now, you just say the same thing over and over again, with the occassional "Of course I'm going to try it" (IE to see if you're right or not.. because you're arguing is based on speculation)

• -Inferno--Inferno- Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 325

My arguing is based on knowledge. Does that make you happy? ::::33::

"Fire is never a gentle master..."

Welcome to the MMORPG forums. If you have any criticism about DnL, don't hold back. Let us know and we'll gladly agree ::::18::

• LordAnubisLordAnubis Member Posts: 112

Originally posted by -Inferno-

But so is mine :) and more up to date as well image

Doubtful. I see you and here you are not being truthful ::::12::

Originally posted by -Inferno-

No, because until I have the same information/knowledge you do, your opinion is still just that.. opinion.

True, but as you know, there is a NDA ::::07::

Technically then, by implying that you've played it and then basing all of your opinions off of having played it.. that's a break of the NDA right there. It's no different than those who -blatantly- break the NDA and post big articles/reviews of a game, except that you're doing it more discreetly.

And yeah.. you've implied it quite a bit.

• eirekeirek Member Posts: 110

Anyone live in east texas?  I'll show them just how wrong Jackdog and Inferno are.

And yes I'm kidding, I can't go against the NDA, but still....unless your a beta tester how can you bash a game thats not out?  And if you are a beta tester, well then props to you for finding a way to hate this game(Thats all I'll say) image