Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any suggestions on a sandbox with decent animations/graphics?

QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683

I am looking for a good sandbox (like original UO or something like that) with decent graphics and animations. I would like one that is f2p or has a free trial.

Any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks

*Edit*

Why was my question about AA removed by a mod?

www.90and9.net
www.prophecymma.com

Comments

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Same here.  Yet to find one however.
  • WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Eve and Darkfall are likely your best bet at the moment for PvP. Maybe Mortal online, I think that is free now.

Pve-wise There is Ryzom, Istaria, AC, Mabinogi, some others I can't think of right now. There aren't a whole lot of people playing these games at this point, but they're pretty solo friendly once you figure out. I'm having a lot of fun with AC at the moment.

There is also Fallen Earth and Vanguard I guess. They are pretty open ended/have a lot to do, but they do have themepark elements.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    [mod edit]

AA is far from a sandbox...

Darkfall and Eve...statement was true.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Asheron call 2 re-launched you can't change much but it dont have instance or guide or !-? above heads no real quest hubs and free open world that also have portals to travel, but its a sub 13$ a month to Asheron's call and you get ac2 for free.

GW2 buy two play but rather open game. Superb graphics.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    Originally posted by Quicksand

I am looking for a good sandbox (like original UO or something like that) with decent graphics and animations. I would like one that is f2p or has a free trial.

Buy2Play Arma2OA+DayZ a multiplayer sandbox pure survival zombie/pvp game 50/50 players on server you can build/destroy alot craftting also.

DayZ standalone 200/200 player servers and deeper crafting system. Release date around august 2013

• jfoytekjfoytek Member CommonPosts: 150

Sadly the best Sandbox out there is Wurm Online....

I had high hopes for the new darkfall but they went in the wrong direction...

Atleast wurm is going in the right direction!  Its just sad that all the Dev's with money keep making closed world instanced themepark crap.....

UO,Shadowbane,SWG,Darkfall,MO,Wurm Online,Secretworld,GW,GW2,PotBS,LotR,Atlantica Online,WWII Online,WoT,Battlestar Galactica,Planetside2,Perpetuum,Fallen Earth,Runescape,WoW,Eve,Xsylon,Dragon Prophet, Salem

• DivonaDivona Member UncommonPosts: 189
    If you looking for the one with decent animation and graphic then only EVE Online and Ryzom would fit that bill.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Also, anyone know if there is a way to play the KR Archeage from the U.S. now that it is in open beta?

AA isn't a sandbox.

Wurm Online is a sandbox, A Tail In The Desert is a sandbox not ArcheAge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYqs8ofbL_U

• MrDDTMrDDT Member UncommonPosts: 276

AA has been released in KR since Jan. Not sure why you think its in "Open Beta"

AA is barely a sandbox game, not really sure what you are looking for, Wurm Online is a hardcore sandbox game, as is EVE Online. You should check out www.Xsyon.com its a true sandbox game also. Its way under the radar, but its for sure a sandbox.

-MrDDT

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988
    Oh derp, Age of Wushu of course, that' the one i couldn't think of.
  • steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352

AA is your answer but obviously not out in NA yet.

Listening to others opinions as to what qualifies as a sandbox is a waste of time, take a look for yourself.

LOL @ some of these recomendations!

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907
    Originally posted by MrDDT

AA is barely a sandbox game, not really sure what you are looking for, Wurm Online is a hardcore sandbox game, as is EVE Online. You should check out www.Xsyon.com its a true sandbox game also. Its way under the radar, but its for sure a sandbox.

If it isn't released in English it isn't released. This is an English speaking website primarily. If someone here asks for a MMO the assumption is that it be a Western MMO. AA from Korea does not qualify until the Western Client is ready.

My suggestions: EvE and Wurm Online

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476
    yeah uhh you wont find one, UO, SB, SWG, DAoC are over, just EVE as of now. EQN might be a good one and CU could be a really good one if it ever comes out. ESO might be fun but it wont be the sandbox most of us are looking for.

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by MrDDT

The last thing I saw said open beta, didn't realize it had been released. I am trying to find out right now if U.S players are allowed to play or if it's KR only.

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    You will like Gloria Victis. F2P sandbox mmorpg in a dark medieval setting. Being developped atm and getting ready for alpha testing. Check out some screenshots of features on www.gloriavictisgame.com
    Originally posted by benseine
    You will like Gloria Victis. F2P sandbox mmorpg in a dark medieval setting. Being developped atm and getting ready for alpha testing. Check out some screenshots of features on www.gloriavictisgame.com

Thanks for the heads up, I will certainly keep an eye on this.

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

I was going to try Darkfall again (bought the original and liked it) but apparently I would have to rebuy it to play now (they only allowed current and former players a short window to get the new version for the sub price)

I didn't know that so didn't bother at the time because I didn't have the time to play back then. Can't bring myself to spend the full price AGAIN.

So, still looking for something else. I did download Xyson, going to try that I think while I look for something with a little better graphics and fewer bugs and glitches.

Thanks for all the suggestions (even if I don't agree with all the statements) I certainly appreciate all the opinions and suggestions. Keep em coming!

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com