Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your EQ Train Messages

Just thought it would be interesting to hear everyones creative train messages. I posted it here because I saw that not many people post on the EQ boards, so I thought it would be ok.

Heres mine: It's a bird, It's a plane, It's a BIG ASS TRAIN!!!

Comments

• ZhanghiaZhanghia Member UncommonPosts: 1,312
    one of the reasons I hate EQ, #2 camping. Though it is fun to kill other people, and I do admit I did it, even though sometimes it was an accident. image

As some things can be right and useless, can't some things be wrong and priceless? -Viktor Suikoden I

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Had a few in my time.

One i remember off head was "INC TRAIN!! dark elves and children first!"

zhanghia he is asking for funny quotes from EQ not another chance for EQ haters to bash the game.

Geez do people have to turn every statement into a chance to  bash a game.

Some making it a careerimage

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

This was the one I used to use...

/shout

Chuga Chuga Choo Choo!

ALL ABOARD!

Next Stop...Your Bind Point!

imagethe good ole daysimage

hers a nice song... http://download2.ampcast.com/AUD-34019-dld-3954835-0-0-0-DLZTJSJJDLSGXFQ/TRAIN.mp3

go to the spam orum, thread, richie truxillo, eq songs

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Mine is plain and simple

"LETS GET THE F**K OUTTA HERE"

or more boring

"Toot Toot, train to zone"

imagei guess u didnt train that much

hehe i pulled a train like evry 15 mins...

people were SO mad,

lol!

there would ALWYAS be dead low level people when my train would co,e through

hhe it was so funimage

...maybe thats why no one wanted to groupimage

lol, yeah who would want to group with a train conductor image

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

I think mine was something like...

/shout incoming train, death is upon you RUN!

/pause 30

/say if you can hear this, it's to late.

-=-=-=-=-
    A game is only late untill it's released, but it's bad forever.
    A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50%

Games and players have a type. What type are you? click here

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

Hehehe those were the fun days

I still remember crushbone been a death trap once Dvinn was loose and all you hear was "train Dvinn to the zone".

This was back in the days before training and Feign death was used as weapons against other guilds/players  because of some rare spawn.

• Sensei_KaelsSensei_Kaels Member Posts: 277

dvinn was listed as lvl 24, but he was like lvl 33....wtf..

also, i hated the gnome dude, one time i was running to the zoneline to gfay, and the zone was there, so i kept running into the tunnel, and he kept chasing me, i was like "WTF, im trapped!"

UR was a trian station

lol

i killed so many low levels with my trainsimage

3 top places for worst train..well my top 3 anyway

1.mistmoore

2.that guys castle in dreadlands

3.SolB

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

When it was worthwhile to hunt in velks.. that had some good trainage.

CT after they redid it, had real nasty trains...

-=-=-=-=-
    A game is only late untill it's released, but it's bad forever.
    A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50%

Games and players have a type. What type are you? click here

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

my bad, new poll. There...

In my days no place had worse trains the karnor's.

I used to say "welcome to karnors! Busiest station on Norrath! Servicing 1000 trains a day!"

• RiotgirlRiotgirl Member UncommonPosts: 520

You forgot to add Lower Guk or Unrest to that poll of yours. I do remember hearing about trains in Crushbone when I was a low leveller. Ah, the naivete now looks quaint compared to real trains.

Mind you, even in relatively easy outdoor zones like Oasis, there would always be someone who would f**k up pulling the Spectres and would create the Train from Hell .. the worst train I ever saw in Oasis - this is Oasis, mind! A goodamn outdoor zone :P - was someone who pulled ALL the Spectres and ALL the DW Goblins [Deep Water] from under the lake. How the f**k they managed that I never know. I just remember floating above a hill-top (have to love 'Levitate') and watching a solid stream of gray and black death up the Shoreline as half the zone were running away from these black robed mobs with glinting sickles and tonnes of these bow-legged goblins. Heck! I think a SG [Sand Giant] might even have joined for luck.

Once everyone zoned out and zoned back in a couple of minutes later, it was carnage. Bodies everywhere by the docks. It was pretty ugly.

Unfortunately, I missed all the trains in EQ's Golden Age. But one name still rings out across many EQ servers years later: Meesha. Voted biggest train creator on AyRo and a couple of other servers. Players actually used to advertise her presence on local then everyone - who wanted to live - used to zone.

With regards to trains, certain names used to crop up with alarming regularity.

Ah, good memories.

Regards,
    Riotgirl

"she's like this cleavagey, slut-bomb walking around going 'oh, check me out. i'm wicked cool. i'm five by five'."

"If you think I'm plucky and scrappy and all I need is love, you're in way over your head. I don't have a heart of gold or get nice. There are a lot nicer people coming up. We call them losers."

yea..

UR was the train station...

how can you not list it?

Blackburrow was bad for trains also.

• OmolOmol Member Posts: 332

Message for a train..Never had one I was to busy trying to save myself to let others know what was coming.The rare occasion I did have time I just said "Shit Run."

Some of my best trains tho:

Think I pulled everything in Guk to the zone one day.

Pulled every mushroom and golem from the king to Trakanon in lower Seb.(got touched by Trak every raid and I hated looking for my body so I got to know the layout pretty good.Train everything to a area just before my group and then eat it so they would have a easier time getting body,but not on my group.)

They are two of the most memorable ones.

----------------------------
    Omol da'Ox
    The Blooded

----------------------------
    Omol da'Ox

• RleabRleab Member Posts: 30

all i used to say was simple "train...run...NOW!!!"

---------
    Who said games rotted the mind?

---------
    Who said games rotted the mind?

Omol, you never had time to press 1 button wen there was a train? anyone can, me thinks u didnt like to warn whoever was at the zone. /grin

• KoltraneKoltrane Member UncommonPosts: 1,049

Blackburrow was hands down the worst.  Even though the mobs were not uber, a hardcore BB train could take down just about anyone who wasn't prepared.  Many times you would have an inexperienced player down in the bowels of the dungeon who would get in over his head and make a run for it, dragging every damned gnoll with him.  By the time he hit the zone, there could be 30 mobs on his tail and many dead players in the wake.

Unrest was supposedly a nasty train zone, but I didn't spend much time there.  I know many of my friends got plastered there.  It was also rather telling that just about any time one entered the zone it was littered with corpses.

The scariest train I ever saw was when some dingaling on a Chardok raid ran into the castle and pulled about 6 royal guards out.  I was able to feign, but most everyone else was wiped out.  Nasty.

NC > DAoC > EQ > UO > fecal matter > leper's oily rags > SW:G

-----

Old timer.

is that barbarian to the right me?image

hehe i WAS the train conducter after all (thats what they called meimage)

lol i wouldnt be surprised if that wasnt me..i mean

i had more than my shares of trains in BB also

Hehe BB, fond memories of that place. Me and my hunting partner Silverblade were hunting around the snake area up that ladder when he goes and dies. While he is running back i try to do the right thing by trying to clear some of the mobs in the underground bit to make it easy on him. That went to shit as i ended up with 6 or so Gnolls on my back, so i do the bolt for the ramp up and to freedom. As bad luck would have it as i was running for my life this naked Half Elf came running towards me, oh crap its Silverblade i yell RUN but its a little too late. The Gnolls decide to stop chasing me and start pounding the defenceless Silverblade who has abandoned his corpse retreival effort in return for trying not to die twice in 5 minutes. He didnt get far. I made it out though lol. He doesnt let me forget it though even after all this time.

whatever happened to silverblade?