Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game had potential, kickstarter perhaps?

EyrothathEyrothath Member UncommonPosts: 200
Dawntide had massive potential and still does, it was never really cancelled, they just didn't have the budget or something like that, so they put the game on hold..  It almost seemed completed to me but there was a lot of things with the physics engine and so forth that needed worked.. However, I truly believe if the lead developer decided to start it up again with a kcikstarter campaign then it could go somewhere and they could complete the game..

Comments

• pmilespmiles Member Posts: 383
    Looks extremely dated... 
  • redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722

I remember playing this.

It was.. 'meh'.  Definitely didn't get the impression that it was close to complete.  Don't think there's much point revisiting this one, tbh.

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

Nah, would never support this on kickstarter.

Devs were nice people and all but.

There was far too much wrong with this game, so much so that they could easily spend a few years just getting the game to an acceptable state, before they dealt with some game systems and mechanics that just weren't fun.

By the time this game gets to the state where they can move forward and progress with content, there will be a whole next generation of sandbox attempts out.

This game missed its window of opportunity.  it wasn't a good game.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

I played it in 2009 and i think it was already up for some time but was way to buggy so i stopped.

Went back to dawntide in 2011 i think was still unfinished and buggy.

I think it hava no potential anymore maybe for some enthausiast fans and free 2 play but its way to long in development.