Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildstar - Any news?

emistzemistz Member Posts: 54

Has anyone heard/seen anything new on Wildstar? Its been a while since the devs put anything out.

Comments

• ipekaipeka Member Posts: 222

Nope nothing,  dry as fuck. Even at E3 there wasnt anything new. 

• emistzemistz Member Posts: 54
    Originally posted by ipeka

Nope nothing,  dry as fuck. Even at E3 there wasnt anything new. 

Damn, its killing me man!

• tokinitokini Member UncommonPosts: 372

feeling more and more it'll be a full year from now that this game releases.

way too much that we have little info on, teo races still to be revealed, two classes, still in limited player testing. unless things like raids, dungeons, pvp/battlegrounds, the new races and classes will be near 'perfect' by the time the unlock for testing, i cant see thsi being ready within the next few monthes for a 2013 release

• shantibashantiba Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Not a frequent poster but one of my good friends is a sound engineer, currently in talks with Carbine. They want him to work on Wildstar, which indicates to me it isn't exactly ready for a 2013 release.
  • MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    That would suck, I want to play this game already, however, if they add more depth between now an launch, more features and systems and really polish the hell out of the game... I'd be happy to wait a little longer. here's hoping I get a beta invite soon :D

Originally posted by Maelzrael
    That would suck, I want to play this game already, however, if they add more depth between now an launch, more features and systems and really polish the hell out of the game... I'd be happy to wait a little longer. here's hoping I get a beta invite soon :D

What's the word on those beta invites? How often are they giving them out these days?

• rufiljrufilj Member CommonPosts: 35
    Originally posted by emistz

What's the word on those beta invites? How often are they giving them out these days?

It's about to enter CB3. They will invite a lot of people supposedly , but mainly people that contribute to the game somehow or helped stress testing the server. They will continuing inviting more people in future stages of the close beta.

• ZapzapZapzap Member UncommonPosts: 224

Gaffney has said the plan is to have a new phase every 5 weeks with a massive wave of invites for each phase.  5 weeks would put beta 3 coming  very soon.  Hopefully in the next few weeks.  Meaning another wave of invites and another chance at an invite.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

I was curious how far along things are myself, so I decided to look at WoW's closed and open beta period for a little insight (since many of the Wildstar devs worked on WoW).

Taken from WoWWiki:

Starting before March of 2004, Blizzard started signing up Closed Beta Test testers from an unknown pool of people using an undisclosed method of selection. The Closed Beta Trial ran for about 7 months ending in more widely available stress test and then an open beta before final release around the end of November 2004.

The "Closed Beta" was the first phase of Blizzard's stress test. There were three servers and virtually no lag existed. This closed beta is also known as the "First Stress Test". The servers were split up into the following:

1. PvE Server (Original Closed Beta Server)
    2. PvP Server (Added near the end of Closed Beta)
    3. Beta Server 1
    WoW was also known to have a very long open beta period (for mmorpg standards) so I have a feeling there will be a LOT more testing before the game gets any where close to release.
  • faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    delay and lack of news is due the optimizing and programming wildstar to be released 2014 on ps4 and pc :)
  • VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

Eeer... the Devs post a new article on their web site every Wednesday.

Granted, they have not been very ground smashing stuff lately, but so is life.

There is also a recorded panel they had at Rezzed down at eurogamer.net

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-22-live-video-rezzed-developer-sessions

Also check out the fan websites for info. There is another thread with the major 3 outlined. Wildstar Central, Wildstar Forums and Wildstar Roleplay. Wildstar Developers are often around answering questions and interacting with the community.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

Originally posted by Volkmar

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-22-live-video-rezzed-developer-sessions

Also check out the fan websites for info. There is another thread with the major 3 outlined. Wildstar Central, Wildstar Forums and Wildstar Roleplay. Wildstar Developers are often around answering questions and interacting with the community.

Thanks man, I didn't know about those sites. 

Is anyone here participating in the beta?

Originally posted by faxnadu
    delay and lack of news is due the optimizing and programming wildstar to be released 2014 on ps4 and pc :)

lol is that what you wish?

It won't be ported. Maps are too open and combat requires a freaking mouse and a keyboard. 

• Zap-RoboZap-Robo Member UncommonPosts: 233

Unfortunately, the NDA precludes anyone admitting that they are even in the beta, let alone share any details. Of course, there are leaks out there but I wouldn't recommend seeking them out - there' quite a bit of misinformation in those leaks! (since the bulk come from stress testers who haven't had a lot of time with the game compared to Core or regular Beta testers).

--
    Admin @ http://wildstar-central.com/
    ZapRobo (PlanetSide 2) | Zap-Robo (The Secret World)
    @Master Zaprobo (City of Heroes) | Zaphod@Zap-Robo (Star Trek Online)

Originally posted by Zap-Robo

Unfortunately, the NDA precludes anyone admitting that they are even in the beta, let alone share any details. Of course, there are leaks out there but I wouldn't recommend seeking them out - there' quite a bit of misinformation in those leaks! (since the bulk come from stress testers who haven't had a lot of time with the game compared to Core or regular Beta testers).

Let's hope that don't ruin it for stress tester that really wanna help in future close betas. 

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by rufilj
    Originally posted by faxnadu

lol is that what you wish?

It won't be ported. Maps are too open and combat requires a freaking mouse and a keyboard. 

The combat looks like GW2 and Neverwinter system with limited skills on one hotbar with dodging and I use a gamepad on GW2 and Neverwinter combat.  And the fact that its a action combat is even more reason for a gamepad.  Final Fantasy XIV ARR is more of a traditional mmo than Wildstar with more active skills by the time your mid and high level and SE made that game fully functional for gamepads.  And the PS4 has high end PC specs plus it will have Planetside 2 on max graphics with the maximum 2000 players on its sandbox map.  Wildstars graphics arent going to be a problem at all for the PS4 lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDzv16ecEGI I can easily map this to a gamepad using xpadder

Thanks man, I didn't know about those sites. 

You are welcome :)

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780
    I agree that a 2013 release feels unlikely.
  • MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Yeah it's almost July and hardly any new info coming or even another beta test.  Definitely don't think 2013 anymore.  So this and ESO moving to 2014 at some point - going to be REAL interesting if Everquest Next ends up hitting around that time too. 

On one hand, I know they should take all the time they need.

On the other, the delay of ESO to 2014 opens a window of opportunity, namely: Christmas 2013. If Wildstar can get released before or on that period, then it would have an initial boost of sales that might help the game.

Of course it is clear the devs are going for the Long Term here (EIGHT years of development time will tell you that), so maybe that is not so important.

On the other, the delay of ESO to 2014 opens a window of opportunity, namely: Christmas 2013. If Wildstar can get released before or on that period, then it would have an initial boost of sales that might help the game.

Of course it is clear the devs are going for the Long Term here (EIGHT years of development time will tell you that), so maybe that is not so important.

Its been in development for eight years??

Its been in development for eight years??

Yeppers, 8 years. Started development of their proprietary engine in 2005 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WildStar_(video_game)

Wow...these guys are crazier than I thought.

Speaking of news... Closed Beta Phase 3 is almost here.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/uk/news/welcome_to_cbt3_ready_to_rumble.php

Speaking of news... Closed Beta Phase 3 is almost here.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/uk/news/welcome_to_cbt3_ready_to_rumble.php

Awesome! Thanks.