Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR and the Top 10 List

AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
I've noticed that SWTOR is reaching the Top 10 List of popular games on this site less and less often. While the game is thriving not as many users are visiting the site. I wonder why?

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

Comments

• mrrshann618mrrshann618 Member UncommonPosts: 279

Well I'm one of those who has not visited that often. Soccer season here (U8) just finished, so I've been doing that. Thanks to me taking some time off from playing in general (and Rift going f2p) I haven't logged onto any game in the last 2 months really.

I don't Hate SWTOR, I have things to do in the analog world that take precidence

Play what you Like. I like SWOTR, Have a referral to get you going!
    -->  http://www.swtor.com/r/nBndbs  <--
    Several Unlocks and a few days game time to make the F2P considerably easier
  • cgplayercgplayer Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by Ahnog
    I've noticed that SWTOR is reaching the Top 10 List of popular games on this site less and less often. While the game is thriving not as many users are visiting the site. I wonder why?

Well you can go back and look at every single SWTOR post and you will see there are 5 or 6 posters that hijack every post and turn it into their own awkward sad obsession with bashing SWTOR.  They post the same stuff over and over copy/paste half quotes to benefit their sad obsession etc. etc.    So I would be most who play it just stay away because of them.  

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411

I quit SWTOR a few months after release and a few weeks ago, I thought I would give it another try with an open mind. I made a new character and by lvl 11 I had enough. This is only a perspective as a previous subscriber with a quite a few lvl 80's but I couldn't bring myself to go through all the space bar bashing of the same story again.

This must be something a lot of players come across considering the end game of SWTOR isn't known for being amazing and alt levelling is more fun but after a few times, most people will move onto the next MMO and it is those MMO's that are most probably ranked higher and thus in turn will drive SWTOR down.

The management of SWTOR isn't passionate about the game, just how much cash they can prise from the player via the Cartel Market and this is plainly evident to the players and that doesn't make players stick around for long either.

The biggest shame is that it is the only Star Wars MMO on the market (apart from you know what) and it is dying when being a SW franchise, should be doing exceedingly well.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

It just goes to show you that just because posters on this forum don't like a game doesn't mean it's going to fail or be unpopular.

They will however twist the facts to make it seem like their opinion matters.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Popularity ranking doesn't matter. We already went through the phase of SWTOR's dissapointment, i'm over it and so is most of the forum.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by cgplayer

Well you can go back and look at every single SWTOR post and you will see there are 5 or 6 posters that hijack every post and turn it into their own awkward sad obsession with bashing SWTOR.  They post the same stuff over and over copy/paste half quotes to benefit their sad obsession etc. etc.    So I would be most who play it just stay away because of them.  

It is probably because we have not been posting lately. Constant chatter even if it is discussing the game negatively brings more people in to have look, and then each person has their thoughts and ideas, and increases the chance of someone trying SWTOR. If no one discusses SWTOR at all then it is out of sight and out of mind, and no one tries it. I have no obsession in the way you think, the less time I spend discussing SWTOR, the better, but at least it is discussing SWTOR and not other posters.

I have no desire to stop people from trying SWTOR or enjoying it, as it is an enjoyable game to play for a while, but it does not have the depth to keep people playing for many many years, like SWG did.

My only intentions have always been to try and help make the game better, but at least Bioware have shown they can take negative feedback positively for the better of the game, unlike the fans, who just accept and excuse everything and like the game to stay the way it is and not get better to bring more players in.

I would not say the game is thriving, I have seen many more people playing, and the past double XP weekend there were was only 1 or 2 instances, whereas in the past there was like 4-5, and on Sunday 23rd June, the other day, I ended up being on Balmorra all by myself

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

We are all playing :) , yeah server transfers happened and all the strength armor mods ( might ones ) are all gone , aim armor mods have gone up from 70 k to 169 k. i have been busy playing at the weekend with the bonus xp and to my shock I saw 33 people on Quesh lol of all places.

So yeah we all been playing have you seen the cathar double saber ? Omg I wish I had more than two characters that use them , I have mine really .

plus i bought some Cartel items for really cheap with my stippend. Also they have optimised the engine slightly server side to improve things when a lot of npc's or characters are in the same place.

I'm only typing because i finally chose an avatar pic he he , you like ?

There's lots more to talk about but I could link stuff but it's there check the patch notes and/or Dulfy's site obviously.

Are you having fun OP ? 

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Originally posted by BadOrb

We are all playing :) , yeah server transfers happened and all the strength armor mods ( might ones ) are all gone , aim armor mods have gone up from 70 k to 169 k. i have been busy playing at the weekend with the bonus xp and to my shock I saw 33 people on Quesh lol of all places.

So yeah we all been playing have you seen the cathar double saber ? Omg I wish I had more than two characters that use them , I have mine really .

plus i bought some Cartel items for really cheap with my stippend. Also they have optimised the engine slightly server side to improve things when a lot of npc's or characters are in the same place.

There's lots more to talk about but I could link stuff but it's there check the patch notes and/or Dulfy's site obviously.

Are you having fun OP ? 

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Having fun. Spent about 3 hours today uninstalling and reinstalling the client. The patch messed up my machine; but, all is well that ends well.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by BadOrb

Are you having fun OP ? 

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Having fun. Spent about 3 hours today uninstalling and reinstalling the client. The patch messed up my machine; but, all is well that ends well.

That's too bad ;( , glad it's fixed now though. A full client reset takes ages ugh. Well I'm off to do a bit more of the Makeb weekly on my sith warrior , I do prefer the Pub Makeb weekly though as I can do it in just over an hour.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• FruxyFruxy Member Posts: 32

SWTOR is reaching the top 10 on Xfire as well, less, and less often. actually not at all these days.  Perhaps there is a conspiracy!

But then again people keep touting this as the #2 MMORPG, even though EVE has documented proof of 550,000 subscribers, and SWTOR is "just under 500k", whatever that means.  I imagine it means about as much as when EA said they had under 1,000,000 subscribers but more than 500k a couple quarters ago.

Essentially EA's word is worth about as much as a SSSP coming out later this year!  Sneaky me, they never said that.  How about 2014 then! ... erg.... *gulp* 2015?

In reality, perhaps people are talking less and less about SWTOR because there is actually not much to talk about? (ie dead topic, EA doesn't listen, no point, etc).

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by DamonVile

It just goes to show you that just because posters on this forum don't like a game doesn't mean it's going to fail or be unpopular.

They will however twist the facts to make it seem like their opinion matters.

sure,,its not , like we have the power to stop giving them Money, or anything

how many of the famous class stories did RoTHC have?

good luck with finding Money for the next expansion

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by Fruxy

SWTOR is reaching the top 10 on Xfire as well, less, and less often. actually not at all these days.  Perhaps there is a conspiracy!

Actually it's number 9 today... but on other note... it is summer and from my 10 years experience of playing MMOs... there is always less activity in MMOs in summer time... in EQ2 we had a hard time to do raid in summer time, it was always logistic nightmare,  GW2 sinked down to 8th place as well... people are having good time having vacations...  bah even I am taking a little vacation from all games and getting some time outdoors, watching movies I've never had a chance to see etc... :).

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Because SW:TOR is like a short lived single player game. You play it for a month or two and then you are done with it.
  • superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Originally posted by Fruxy

Actually it's number 9 today... but on other note... it is summer and from my 10 years experience of playing MMOs... there is always less activity in MMOs in summer time... in EQ2 we had a hard time to do raid in summer time, it was always logistic nightmare,  GW2 sinked down to 8th place as well... people are having good time having vacations...  bah even I am taking a little vacation from all games and getting some time outdoors, watching movies I've never had a chance to see etc... :).

People may take a break from playing games in summer, but I would thought it should affect all games equally. I guess people who play games that are rated higher in the charts than SWTOR do not have vacations?

It is probably due to double xp weekend that gave it a boost to 9