Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com DayZ Server Coordination Thread!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Hi everyone,

I realize most people playing DayZ tend to server hop a lot, but if you all want to try and coordinate and hit the same servers/need to change the 'active' I'm hoping this sticky thread might help with that.

Coordinate servers and set up meeting spots (and times) in this thread! No one has to survive the zombie apocalypse alone, right?

Comments

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Awesome! Im actually getting Dayz today with a buddy. Are we planning on having a select east/west servers?

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by Kuppa

Awesome! Im actually getting Dayz today with a buddy. Are we planning on having a select east/west servers?

That's all up to you guys! If you want to do something like that, list the server names and I'll be glad to add them to the OP.

• ThemehosptalThemehosptal Member Posts: 48

For EUs I recommend ''CZ'' servers if you're running the 1.7 beta patch. usually not too many people and have had no issues with them yet. EU10 and EU_EX1 runs a different timezone (I'm gmt+1) which is good for when it's night on your regular timezone and you don't want to sacrifice MS by playing on a US server which will end up rather badly should you come in a gun fight with someone that has low MS.

from memory BTB servers are usually quite good. Most SE (+ numbers) are also very popular. Anyhow, I would recommend when refreshing the list to look at which games are in briefing as that means the server is just about to go up and you and your mates will have an easy time getting in to it and all the bugs should've been fixed by it  having restarted. Also to avoid spam refreshing I would recommend sorting by ping (or whatever else you prioritize) and then start at the top (lowest ping) and use your arrow key to move down on the list and it'll refresh the server info and status for you. Don't forget some servers have an auto-lock in place which temp locks the server if there are too many people spamming to get in (it causes a great deal of lag), so just wait until it opens again by using the arrow keys to refresh and then connect (these servers have been the best so far).

• StrangeEyesStrangeEyes Member Posts: 119

Still difficult sometimes keep same server. suddenly kicked by guard or server reset. For hour or hours no respawn loot.

But hard to getting again sometimes when full or find a server not always easy different set ups locked or password.

Im playing on SE6 FR FI3 NL EU NY8 NYC VIRGINIA CHICAGO at moment on 1.70 BETA 93362 i think.

If no interuption or something happen i mainly keep playing for hours on same server.

My ms europe is avarage 25ms and US 110ms.

I also don't mind playing night servers as long i can buff up gamma and brightness enough its playable, when its pitch dark i have to concentrade way to much  after a while im to stressed up i need to see at least littlebit hehe.

CPU:Intel Core i7-3770K 4GHz
    GPU:ASUS HD 7970 DirectCU II TOP
    MB:ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE
    Case:Cooler Master HAF X
    RAM:Corsair 16GB 1600
    PSU:Corsair gold 850
    HD:SSD OCZ 256 GB vertex4

Over the weeked I played on one of the many DayZ servers, they all have the same prefix in the name. Played mainly on one of the many Virginia servers, it was Virginia 9. And one of the texas servers, don't remember the number :(

Will be more persistent with a server so Ill come here and update.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Good thread.  Post any other good servers here guys.

Especailly the regular servers with sights [on] and 3rd person [on] as I am a FPS noob.  image

Both EU24 and EU67 are low ping day servers for guys who play late at night on the east coast like me.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

Ill have a look at those above ^^ I have been looking for a server to try and consistently play on but always end up on different ones each time, one day I did stick with the same one I had a great time!

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Bought Arma II with the intention of playing Day-Z.  Got everything patched.  Now when I attempt to launch Arma II or CO it immediately appcrash's on me.  (sad)

I havent played this week but plan on it for next week. A buddy and me have been playing on a couple of different servers. Once I find a stable one Ill post it here.

• XPraetorianXXPraetorianX Member CommonPosts: 107

Off topic but this game is so awesome

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by Ikeda

Bought Arma II with the intention of playing Day-Z.  Got everything patched.  Now when I attempt to launch Arma II or CO it immediately appcrash's on me.  (sad)

Make sure that you are launching the game through the DayZ updater. Just click "PLAY" in the upper right hand side. I originally was launching ARMA II to get to DayZ which does not work. I thought it was possible you might be making the same mistake.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• XPraetorianXXPraetorianX Member CommonPosts: 107

I launch no problem using steam. Just do exactly what the video on the Dayz Website shows.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Nah,  it's something to do with my laptops I think.  I have no problem on my desktop.  I just don't like sitting at my desk.

Edit:  Nope.  False positive.  Stuck at the loading screen now.  Fun times.

• DragonstrongDragonstrong Member UncommonPosts: 3

Game: Arma 2 Mod: DayZ Orgins

Server Name: Magnificent Bastards Dayz Origins Foxhole 

Difficulty: [VETERAN|3DP:ON|CH:ON][2HR DAY/NIGHT|4 HOUR RESTART]

Map: Taviana

Come Join us in our NEW ORIGINS SERVER "Magnificent Bastards" Dayz Origins Server! Super Active Admins (Zero Admin Abuse) with Stable Servers. 4 Hour Automatic Restarts, "NEW" Datebase, Sector B, Housing, PVP and more. Our server is looking for more clans and groups to join us (solo players also wanted). Join us on are forums www.codekillers.net/dayz-origins for any help, questions, suggestions or applications. If you would like to communicate with us or just hang out join our RaidCall server.

VOIP: RaidCall

ID: 6261032

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Still playing everyday sinds may-2012 on many servers this so far one of best on server PSYCHONAUTS dutch server english language spoken server.

Almost everyday 50/50 players 12 heli crash sites, castles full of good loot so many pvp hotspots custom buildings and many vehicles.

Great server for europeans good pings myself have 18ping while normally have around 30 most euro servers.

So far not many hackers/cheaters i play there last couple of weeks.

Its offcorse all matter of taste and values whats good or bad its my personal favorite thats all.

Chernarus map.

For now version 1.7.7.1

Devs working on the infection problems for new patch.