Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gameplay Video (Quick 6 minutes)

SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560

http://youtu.be/f-BoNVj176E

I ran around the trial for about an hour today.  Then I threw together this quick video of gameplay with some commentary. When I uploaded to YouTube the video got dark (EDIT: fixed by Youtube).  You're not missing much in this title.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

Comments

• rainmournrainmourn Member UncommonPosts: 38

Thanks for making the vid, thumbed up by me. Graphically, it's kinda old school but it seems charmingly wrought.

I noticed that there are pve server choices, which I don't recall being mentioned anywhere, and open world pvp was a drawback to me. Now I wish I could get it to work on my computer (win 7, nvidia geforce 660, 16g ram, but the prob might be my main monitor, 2560x1440) so I'll check their website in the future for updates.

Really appreciate your taking the time to film the snippets of gameplay and the kind of scenery found in their environments. Would definitely give this one a try myself, based on what I saw; rather fond of the woodland theme. :)

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    Originally posted by rainmourn

Thanks for making the vid, thumbed up by me. Graphically, it's kinda old school but it seems charmingly wrought.

I noticed that there are pve server choices, which I don't recall being mentioned anywhere, and open world pvp was a drawback to me. Now I wish I could get it to work on my computer (win 7, nvidia geforce 660, 16g ram, but the prob might be my main monitor, 2560x1440) so I'll check their website in the future for updates.

Really appreciate your taking the time to film the snippets of gameplay and the kind of scenery found in their environments. Would definitely give this one a try myself, based on what I saw; rather fond of the woodland theme. :)

np.

Our rigs sound very similar.  I had no issues - extracted the .exe from the .zip, then ran the .exe

GL.  The PVE servers were not green when I was on, just the PvP, for what it's worth.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Wow does that look oldschool or what?  Kind of endearing actually.
  • F2Pelerin118F2Pelerin118 Member UncommonPosts: 124

Cool video, now people can actually see what it's like - I lol'd when you got 1-hit by the mushroom-man :P I've been playing a bunch and I'm lvl 20 atm and have been trying to solo my way through there, I'm hoping more people will start playing - dungeoning is harsh alone.

It seems there will be PvE servers but they aren't up yet and the advancement tab in-game is basically like AAs from EQ.

But yea, thx for uploading this - was a good watch :)

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    thanks for making the video.  it looks like it miht be kinda fun to mess around with.
  • chakalakachakalaka Member UncommonPosts: 291
    Yewa thanks for this video, and alike what others are saying, the environment and old school feels is charming and definitely would actually try this one out hehehe!!
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    the trial only last an hour.  but I had fun.  right as I started getting into it I got dc'd and prompted to add game time upon trying to log back in. 
  • F2Pelerin118F2Pelerin118 Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Originally posted by muffins89
    the trial only last an hour.  but I had fun.  right as I started getting into it I got dc'd and prompted to add game time upon trying to log back in. 

I think the timed trial is a nice way to let people try it out, but yea - the same thing happened to me, I was getting into it and then I got d/c. Though I decided I enjoyed it enough to purchase some game-time, I hope more people like it enough to do the same so we can start getting a community together in-game and run some dungeons/make a guild and stuff :)

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I really don't like the art style in the game, it does remind me of an oldschool game but at the same time it gives off this weird chilidish vibe for some reason. Reminds me of free realms. The gameplay looked okay, and I'm willing to forgive the repetetive things IE : 3 huts / couple npcs 1 path, same enemy models, and sound being similar because of the assumingly small development team. But other than that it looks like it gives you almost no direction, I guess you didn't really talk to any npcs in the video other than the teleporter but did it ever tell you anything about the game at all while talking to any npcs? 
  • SirKkongSirKkong Member Posts: 6
    well no, it just tells you what you mob you need to hunt, where to hunt it, and how many  times you have to kill it.. they don't offer any chit chats throughout the game, and the world is so huge, developers told me they even have 2 continents in it wow!!.. Im at the very end of the map, and I saw a huge amount of water, so I swam through it and I think I went through that other end of the continent.. very huge world, enough to accomodate THOUSANDS of players without having to feel cluttered.. though I wish they lower their fees at $7-$8..
  • RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 802
    What the...  That looked terrible, thanks for saving me the time of even going to the website man!
    I like to complain about games.