Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bashing EvE is a cool hobby for people with PvPhobia

DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

First of all congratulations to CCP, 

two big online space sim projects coming up and they even call themselves "sandbox", yet they implement some half assed "please everybody" slider/group thing to cater AGAIN to the PvE-only people.

Yes I am talking about Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen.

A handful of people created threads like

"I hate EvE"

"How to prevent Elite from becoming EvE 2"

"Star Citizen hates EvE"

"EvE hates Star Citizen"

"I don't want EVE with joystick"

"How to prevent griefing"

"I don"t want to be ganked"

and countless other carebear threads of people who are scared of the chance of dying in AN ONLINE MULTIPLAYER VIDEO GAME!

Funny detail: they already got single player mode and private servers, but HEY why not taking it to the next level and allow carebear ONLINE mode too, so PvAll is completely optional and no one will take the pointless risk,or switch groups at will, fitting to the situation. LAME, and unrealistic.

Funny detail 2: Poll options where always in favor for PvAll, for BOTH games!

So thank you PvE human intelligence discriminators for ruining TWO chances for a sandbox like EvE with twitch combat! I guess CCP will be very VERY pleased to hear no one is going to rip off their half million paying subs worth concept and add joystick combat!

now go back fighting your mindless AI bots in your little themeparks and be happy, two more game destruction missions accomplished!

/nerdrage

Comments

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123
    Funny detail : By trying to point out how people with different opinions and gaming tastes are pathetic you also proove how much you have in common with them.
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

When I play EvE, I don't want to be ganked either. Still happens though. I should do something about it.

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476

I find it funny that people try to bash PVP MMOs, in my experience it is one of a few people: people that farm and get ganked for all there stuff, people that want to feel safe in their virtual world and in fact it 10x more dangerous, people that talk crap and get ganked over and over and over until they log ( my favorite).

SB had to be the best of these, getting hate tells gave me something to do.....find them kill them and keep finding them and killing them until all their crap is broken or they log, moral of the story is, if you are going to talk crap back it up. If you are that guy i killed over and over all i can say to you is  stop sucking or go play one of many care bear mmos out there.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

I like PvP. I like FFA/Full Loot/Open World PvP.

I do however find I am having an issue of having to cram my playstyle into another groups.

By that I mean, "The one aspect I dislike about that game style, currently playing DF:UW, is I find myself having to join a clan, and play With them, doing what THEY are doing, going where THEY want. I play MMORPG for the freedom to be "someone else, in another world. Yet I find myself not being able to do what I want. Almost like a job. That is the turn off. Not loosing my lootz. But having a boss, so to speak".

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by Maelwydd
    Funny detail : By trying to point out how people with different opinions and gaming tastes are pathetic you also proove how much you have in common with them.

how about PvAll people and Pve-only people finally go separate ways and go play separate games?

I have seen numerous titles go south because of PvE exclusivists complaining until devs destroy their concept.

Only one high profile PvAll sandbox on the market, EvE? That is it? You gotta be kidding me.

And don't even bring up a cheap low budget indie title like Darkfall as comparison.

2 upcoming online space sims destroyed - how many more?

Didn't the fail of Dark Prophecy tell them something? So we need two more "seperate instance play your way" type MMOs?

unbelievable really, again congrats CCP open a bottle of champage, EvE is safe for the next 10 years

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

Thing is. people would be surprised how many people that currently play EVE never ever do ANY pvp.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I have been pvp'ing since 1996 Quake to now,so i think i qualify as a pvp player for a longer period than most.

I consider Eve to be the very bottom of the barrel for it's entire game design,nothing in there i would accept if i was designing it.

The only thing they got right was creating a safe zone for the players,but since there really is nothing exciting outside of pvp,that makes little sense.

Ships/space stations all 2d models,no player ,ship Huds are shallow like the rest of the design.How about class and race huds,would make sense no?How about more functionality?

IMO the best way to implement pvp is in an arena ONE map setting.It creates the map predictability,weapon switching to counter and react to your opponents play style.Cut off points or hot spots,escape routes ,defensive positions all very big factors in a one map layout.Then waht pvp arena games do is add in powerups and health pickups,again this creates that hot spot or predictability that your opponent when injured might go for the health.

If you never played arena pvp,go watch the very best  Fatality ,Destrukt,it is mind boggling at their over all pvp skills,nothing in Eve would ever impress me.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    nvm, don't poke the wet badger

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    PVP SUXXORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  EVE is for nooblets :P

• siayaksiayak Member Posts: 5
    Ok not everyone hates eve that prefers pve I played eve and I didn't hate it I just think its boring.
    Originally posted by Gruug

Thing is. people would be surprised how many people that currently play EVE never ever do ANY pvp.

Exactly. I never got ganked in Highsec there is lots of PvE, yet they spew their hatred rumors of EvIl EvE, and they use EvE to get their little secluded pve-only ultrasafe gamemodes, and it worked

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240

I like pvp, therefore game should be pvp only. Good reasoning op?

I spent a long time in nul sec and the pvp got boring. The pve in high sec suits me. I don't care that I might get ganked every once in a while--it's life; but, there should be a pve option in every game.

I like making things. I like market pvp. I like mining. I like missions. There should be a place for me in the game.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

Originally posted by Ahnog

I like pvp, therefore game should be pvp only. Good reasoning op?

And whats with the" I hate PvP therefore all games should give me my PvE-only mode" people?

how is that BETTER reasoning?

who is on the winning demanding side? Developers cater always to them, ALWAYS, it is sickening because they are the loudest whiners, check every game forum it is true.

Originally posted by DocBrody

Exactly. I never got ganked in Highsec there is lots of PvE, yet they spew their hatred rumors of EvIl EvE, and they use EvE to get their little secluded pve-only ultrasafe gamemodes, and it worked

I doubt it has crossed your mind but rather then the evils of other players perverting the game design....(drum roll)....the game design didn't include what you wanted from the start....shock horror.....

I still fail to see the problem. If you think EvE is great and the others are not keep playing Eve and ignore the others. Or perhaps Eve isn't that great because it doesn't satisfy you (hence the whining). Either way, pointless thread.

Originally posted by Ahnog

I spent a long time in nul sec and the pvp got boring. The pve in high sec suits me. I don't care that I might get ganked every once in a while--it's life; but, there should be a pve option in every game.

I like making things. I like market pvp. I like mining. I like missions. There should be a place for me in the game.

I am ok with territory security and guards like in EVE but the 2 space sims have

a) PvP-PvE slider whcih lets you filter out people from the universe. 

b) grouping mechanics which let you filter out people from the universe

Originally posted by Maelwydd

I doubt it has crossed your mind but rather then the evils of other players perverting the game design....(drum roll)....the game design didn't include what you wanted from the start....shock horror.....

I still fail to see the problem. If you think EvE is great and the others are not keep playing Eve and ignore the others. Or perhaps Eve isn't that great because it doesn't satisfy you (hence the whining). Either way, pointless thread.

the problem is two space sims copying each other, and none making an EVE sandbox with joysticks.

• DemalisDemalis Member Posts: 134
    Originally posted by Four0Six

I like PvP. I like FFA/Full Loot/Open World PvP.

I do however find I am having an issue of having to cram my playstyle into another groups.

By that I mean, "The one aspect I dislike about that game style, currently playing DF:UW, is I find myself having to join a clan, and play With them, doing what THEY are doing, going where THEY want. I play MMORPG for the freedom to be "someone else, in another world. Yet I find myself not being able to do what I want. Almost like a job. That is the turn off. Not loosing my lootz. But having a boss, so to speak".

+1

Sometimes when you log on, all you want to do is just what you want to do.  This is very hard in EVE. I was chasing down cosmos missions, and having a lot of fun doing it, just to pass the time and learning the lore.  When all of the sudden the agents stopped working, so I go online for a solution, turns out if you stray from the path in any way mess up once, they bug. It became obvious right there that CCP does not care about their PVE in EVE at all. Having to read a document online in order to do a quest chain properly breaks immersion for me.

I also enjoyed the scanning exploring aspect, however to do that you need more than one person or you will be found and your time wasted. I totally enjoy full loot pvp and prefer that, but I think it is getting a little old.  I played Tera when it first came out, and just as I was about to level out of the safe zone, I found 3 max level chars camping the towns exit.  I may put off PVP centric games for a bit until there is a better reward punishment system in place to make PVP a little more meaningful then what it is now. Honestly if going online to pvp was all I wanted I would still be playing Counter Strike.

P.S. just curious as to how the new bounty system is working out in EVE I left, for the second time, just before it was implemented.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

And whats with the" I hate PvP therefore all games should give me my PvE-only mode" people?

how is that BETTER reasoning?

who is on the winning demanding side? Developers cater always to them, ALWAYS, it is sickening because they are the loudest whiners, check every game forum it is true.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe it's their wallets the devs are listening to and not their voices.

Who is the smallest group of mmo players ?  ffa pvp

Who's the largest ? pve with consensual pvp....by a land slide

the problem is two space sims copying each other, and none making an EVE sandbox with joysticks.

If you want them to copy EvE...why not play EvE?

This discussion has been closed.