Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are there any good mmos out or coming out?

hardiconhardicon Member UncommonPosts: 335

Been playing world of tanks for 2 plus years now and have not really kept up with the mmo scene.  I loved world of tanks for the quick battles, being able to set your tank up in different ways and the ever changing maps that kept each battle sort of different.  However now wargaming is being incompetent with their newest patch and I am not sure if I will stay depending on how things turn out of course. 

So is there any good mmos that isn't like world of warcraft and don't suck.  Please don't say Eve, that game just wasn't my cup of tea.

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by hardicon

Been playing world of tanks for 2 plus years now and have not really kept up with the mmo scene.  I loved world of tanks for the quick battles, being able to set your tank up in different ways and the ever changing maps that kept each battle sort of different.  However now wargaming is being incompetent with their newest patch and I am not sure if I will stay depending on how things turn out of course. 

So is there any good mmos that isn't like world of warcraft and don't suck.  Please don't say Eve, that game just wasn't my cup of tea.

If you like WoT, there is no reason to limit yourself to just MMO. There are quite a few fun online games with progression.

If i were you, i would check out Mechwarrior online (pvp), Star conflict (pvp), Warframe (pve), and Path of Exile (pve).

BTW, you know that the WoT company is expanding and making WoP (Planes) and WOWS (warship)?

I am quite looking forward to WoWS.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    Ive been waiting for World of Warships for ages, looks great but we havent seen much, if your a WoT fan id keep my eye on WoWS
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    whats the X vs X numbers for matches in those games?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• AtrusVAtrusV Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Well, aside from ArcheAge, you also have Hearthstone, the new online card game from Blizzard, it looks good enough.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Well Op,

you could try Guild Wars 2 or The Secret World..

both are different some what from WoW,but they are both still theme parks.

• sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684

GuildWars 2, The Secret World, Neverwinter, Marvel Heroes, Defiance, and War Thunder are all fun games you might want to check out. Marvel Heroes is kind of like Diablo 1/2 married an MMO. Defiance is like a futuristic shooter married an MMO. War Thunder would be very similar to World of Tanks, but planes instead. I've enjoyed playing all of them for various reasons.

I'd even throw Star Wars: The Old Republic and Rift into the list of games to check out but they play very similar to WoW which you're trying to avoid. They're both still great games even so.

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257

Guild wars 2 is quite nice to play for a free game, 100% if not 99% free. I recently gone back to it and I'm enjoying it.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by Jorl

Guild wars 2 is quite nice to play for a free game, 100% if not 99% free. I recently gone back to it and I'm enjoying it.

free as in no monthly fee..

you do have to buy the box price.Whatever the amount is these days.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Dragonantis
    Ive been waiting for World of Warships for ages, looks great but we havent seen much, if your a WoT fan id keep my eye on WoWS

I ask again. Whats the numbers for these games? X vs X?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by tank017
    Originally posted by Jorl

free as in no monthly fee..

you do have to buy the box price.Whatever the amount is these days.

Target had it for 50 bucks recently...Not sure what Amazon and other online places are selling it for...And yeah its not free.....Basically you pay for several months when you do b2p but if you play longer than that you get your moneys worth.

• hardiconhardicon Member UncommonPosts: 335
    Thanks for giving me some ideas.  Yeah I know about planes and ships coming but I cant do planes, get motion sickness after about 30 minutes watching the plane fly around.  However I am looking forward to warships but that is at least a year away, not to mention I will only leave tanks if this new patch makes arty more annoying.  Just trying to get something lined up in case I rage quit next Tuesday when the patch hits, lol.
  • EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    ffxiv is awesome, open beta is coming in august and the game will launch august 27 this year its p2p.