Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

summer road map

here is tors plan for the summer(dates as always are subject to change)

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

Hello everyone,

My name is Bruce Maclean and I am a Senior Producer here at BioWare Austin. I know there have been a lot of questions around the forums about what kind of content you can expect from us this year and so I’m here today to give you all a bit of information about what we’re working on bringing to you this summer!

First up, Game Update 2.2, which is currently targeted for launch on June 11th:

• Nightmare Mode Terror From Beyond. It’s got vicious new mechanics and is definitely not for the faint of heart. I’m very excited for you to see the new gear that comes with this, which uses a new appearance system we’ve developed for armor and weapons called ‘Scrolling UVs’.
  • New Guild Bonuses! Players in guilds currently receive a +5% experience bonus, but now every 5 active players in the guild will add an additional 1% bonus to XP and reputation, up to a maximum bonus of 10% each.
  • Crafters can now craft Underworld gear! But don’t RE that piece if you are still using it…
  • Unified fleet chat channel for each faction, for easier group finding without having to hop between instances.
We’ve seen a lot of requests for a rerun of our Double XP weekends. Well, okay! We’d like to help you stay cool in the heat of the summer with three weekends starting June 22nd and continuing through July 7th. The third and last weekend will actually start early on Thursday the 4th of July, in case you are enjoying a long Independence Day weekend.

By July 9th Ops groups will have had four weeks to cut their teeth on Nightmare Mode Terror From Beyond. That’s when we will launch Nightmare Mode Scum and Villainy as a part of Game Update 2.2.2! New mechanics and unique loot for you.

July 23rd look for a return of the Relics of the Gree Event for a nice two week long run. Per community request the Event will scaled up to level 55 on this next run!

August 6th is our target date for Game Update 2.3, which we are working on right now and will be our biggest update since 2.0. Some of the bigger parts of this update are:
  • New Flashpoints
  • New Daily Area
  • New Recurring Event
  • Significant graphical upgrades
This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we are also working on some longer term stuff. Sometimes we have been averse to discussing specific dates well in advance, because we aren’t going to release anything unless we feel it is ready to go live and we don’t want to upset folks if we move a date back. Well I think we should just tell you what date the teams are shooting for, and if we don’t hit them we’ll just tell you why. Radical thinking, I know. As we get closer we’ll have a lot more juicy details on these - keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information. Also, for those who are curious about the next updates to PvP, I will just say… apart from minor tweaks (like stunbreak abilities cooldown being reset on death in 2.2) you should look forward to Game Update 2.4. /rubshands

Comments

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

I think it's really great that they posted a summer road map , remember last summer ? Anyway's there's a partial road map for you superniceguy.

The new UV armor sounds interesting , I like the sound of a new recurring event and new daily area is it in Aug. New graphical update  ( ooooooo ).

So if subbs don't like anything on that summer road map , then they can unsubb until something they like appears. Have you seen the QQ'ing though in the main thread on the official forums. It's stupid really.

At least Karteli's road map wasn't correct , but I think we all knew that.

Thanks for posting this .

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

Originally posted by gaou

Hello everyone,My name is Bruce Maclean and I am a Senior Producer here at BioWare Austin. I know there have been a lot of questions around the forums about what kind of content you can expect from us this year and so I’m here today to give you all a bit of information about what we’re working on bringing to you this summer!First up, Game Update 2.2, which is currently targeted for launch on June 11th:

• Nightmare Mode Terror From Beyond. It’s got vicious new mechanics and is definitely not for the faint of heart. I’m very excited for you to see the new gear that comes with this, which uses a new appearance system we’ve developed for armor and weapons called ‘Scrolling UVs’.
    • New Guild Bonuses! Players in guilds currently receive a +5% experience bonus, but now every 5 active players in the guild will add an additional 1% bonus to XP and reputation, up to a maximum bonus of 10% each. Crafters can now craft Underworld gear! But don’t RE that piece if you are still using it… Unified fleet chat channel for each faction, for easier group finding without having to hop between instances.We’ve seen a lot of requests for a rerun of our Double XP weekends. Well, okay! We’d like to help you stay cool in the heat of the summer with three weekends starting June 22nd and continuing through July 7th. The third and last weekend will actually start early on Thursday the 4th of July, in case you are enjoying a long Independence Day weekend.By July 9th Ops groups will have had four weeks to cut their teeth on Nightmare Mode Terror From Beyond. That’s when we will launch Nightmare Mode Scum and Villainy as a part of Game Update 2.2.2! New mechanics and unique loot for you.July 23rd look for a return of the Relics of the Gree Event for a nice two week long run. Per community request the Event will scaled up to level 55 on this next run!August 6th is our target date for Game Update 2.3, which we are working on right now and will be our biggest update since 2.0. Some of the bigger parts of this update are: New Flashpoints New Daily Area New Recurring Event Significant graphical upgrades
    This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we are also working on some longer term stuff. Sometimes we have been averse to discussing specific dates well in advance, because we aren’t going to release anything unless we feel it is ready to go live and we don’t want to upset folks if we move a date back. Well I think we should just tell you what date the teams are shooting for, and if we don’t hit them we’ll just tell you why. Radical thinking, I know. As we get closer we’ll have a lot more juicy details on these - keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information. Also, for those who are curious about the next updates to PvP, I will just say… apart from minor tweaks (like stunbreak abilities cooldown being reset on death in 2.2) you should look forward to Game Update 2.4. /rubshands
    sounds good. I look forward to the summer!

DBL exp is always good! How about Triple exp? LOL

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Looks good, they need to capitalise on the influx of players. Lets hope the patches come out on time, thats the best PR they can ever do.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Kudos for not starting by saying that everything he says should be taken under advisement and is subject to change! "Current target date" is a much more normal approach.

And a c. 10 week planning horizon - out to August 6th. Thinks are looking up!

News about new content in 2.2 though seems - limited. Maybe it will be there but the suggestion is that the new content is slated for 2.3. 

And a 2.2.2 as well - is it a full patch, a baby patch or a bonus patch! (Rhetorical question :)

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

The new Kell Dragon Armor and weapons have really cool effect called scrolling UV

Dulfy's video from PTS

Empire:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VncssVr9T5c#!

Republic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaD2u-2O0ec

P.S. I am so glad bounty hunter is not my main. This armor is... lets say... errr.... how to say that... err....interesting LOL, sorry but it really sucks LMAO.

And BioWare, stop using buckets as an inspiration for helmets please?

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Im kinda curious what they mean by Graphical Updates and if its something that people on high end PCs will notice any difference.

There Is Always Hope!

Originally posted by keithian
    Im kinda curious what they mean by Graphical Updates and if its something that people on high end PCs will notice any difference.

Significant graphic upgrades. Yep, I am curious too. I read in some of the dev trackers comments that they are also working on engine optimization, which would be nice. I can't complain, as game runs on my system beautifully, but I am sure many others would be happy about it.

Also I wonder what this new reoccurring event will be. That is really something I am looking forward. I love SWTOR events.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Significant graphic upgrades. Yep, I am curious too. I read in some of the dev trackers comments that they are also working on engine optimization, which would be nice. I can't complain, as game runs on my system beautifully, but I am sure many others would be happy about it.

Also I wonder what this new reoccurring event will be. That is really something I am looking forward. I love SWTOR events.

Also the new daily area , will it be seperate from the reoccuring event ? I think it will be. I could do with a new daily area as I don't really like doing black hole and section x anymore. i don't mind 3 makeb Imp dailys and 5 makeb Pub dailys though. O and I like the Pub and Imp weeklys on Makeb. Maybe the new daily area might have a new weekly too , now that would be cool.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

I'm getting notching when the client loads server side assets I think its hard to pin down and is my biggest gripe with the game as it should run decently on my i5 based system, TERA and GW2 do, constantly in the mid 30 fps in those games with my lowly HD5770 card. So looking forward to some graphical tweaks.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401
    This game has some of the WORST helm graphics. Ever. lol.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

Swtor content plan and why I quit:

Hardmode: This isn't actual new content but rehashed previous content.

Guild perks: This isn't actual content

Crafting: Cosmetic perk only

New flashpoints: more instancing and no development of the actual game worlds leaving them ghost planets as usual.

New Daily area: more rinse/repeat grind ... oh yay!

Recurring events: Just dailies that rotate into game.

Graphics update: Unless this is an engine update it is pointless.

We all know the real content will be Cash Shop gear for purchase and gambling items for cash grabs.

All Swtor is doing now is throwing all the easiest content fillers most themepark mmos fall back on once development reaches maintenance mode. It isn't even progressing what the core game was designed for ... story (even if that was what people liked or not.

I'd have stuck longer in the game if it indeed actually planned real content additions and real fixes to the games current limitations. When it became apparent that Bioware is simply taking the path of least resistance with dailes and cash shop items for content I lost interest. The game will never overcome it's limitations.

You stay sassy!

Originally posted by Swanea

LOL some are OK :) though I am glad we have hide the head slot option...

I am sort of fond of my assassin helmet... though it misses  666 engraved somewhere...  in my opinion /grin

click to enlarge:)

And my google glass works for me as well

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

I am sort of fond of my assassin helmet... though it misses  666 engraved somewhere...  in my opinion /grin

Now, that is a scary looking helm. The guild xp bonus is an interesting option to try and get players to attach to guilds. I am wondering how well that will work. 

Originally posted by catlana

Now, that is a scary looking helm. The guild xp bonus is an interesting option to try and get players to attach to guilds. I am wondering how well that will work. 

I think it works LOL, lots of recruiting going on and my guild got plenty of new cool people in, though we are very picky.

I love additional 5% and incoming plenty more for every 5 guild members :)

Additional 15% + 25% bonus + double xp weekends will be awesome :)

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

got glass fibre internet here -sure many of you as well- , GOOD machine to play demanding games, and what shocked me was that the client went to 1-2fp/s with 10 vs 10 fights in a warzone or open world PVP.

What I would like to see most of SWTOR is a more open world (even WOW is more open where you can visit/raid each other's places), and some decent sized PVP grounds or warzones like 50 vs 50.

I used to play Voidstar a lot (HATED that warzone) and it lagged the fk out of my machine when >5 players started to spam specials on a door. If they could fix the engine -if that is ever possible- to support BIG fights it would mean a lot.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• they have given a bit of an update to their road map including a tease about the new event and 2.4

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/feature/24672-news-6-18-13

Hello everyone!

Here is a fresh update on where we are at in terms of hitting our schedules for the Summer of SWTOR, and a recap of all the exciting things we have in the works for the months ahead. All of the below dates are the dates the teams are shooting for. As you saw with Game Update 2.2 which had to be moved back by one day, it’s entirely possible these will move!

Double XP Weekends! We’d like to help you stay cool in the heat of the summer with three sessions of double XP, beginning with this weekend:
    Double XP Weekend 1:
    Start: June 21st @6pm GMT
    End: June 24th @7am GMT
    Double XP Weekend 2:
    Start: June 28th @6pm GMT
    End: July 1st @7am GMT
    Double XP Weekend 3:
    Start: July 4th @11am GMT
    End: July 8th @7am GMT

On July 9th we will launch Nightmare Mode Scum and Villainy as a part of Game Update 2.2.2! This Nightmare Mode Operation is currently up on Public Test Server!

On July 23rd look for a return of the Relics of the Gree Event for a nice two week long run:
    Per community request the event will scale up to level 55 on this next run, including better loot rewards, commendations, and achievements
    Possible drops include a new Sphere Transport Enclosure vehicle

August 6th is still our target date for Game Update 2.3. *Watch for lots more details on the features below in upcoming blogs, mailers, and community meet and greets!* Some of the bigger parts of this update are:
    New Flashpoints
    New Daily Area
    Game-wide color vibrancy improvement
    New Recurring Event: Bounty Contract Week

Even though it’s part of Game Update 2.3 we are planning to start the Bounty Contract Week on August 13th. Bounty Contract Week is a monthly event, so if you miss it the first time, don’t worry – it will return next month! The event above was actually teased in our Community Meet & Greet last week and we’ll be sharing more details soon. Here is a snippet for now:

Bounty Contract Week provides new missions with full voice-over that will take you on a hunt for high-value bounty targets across the galaxy. Each bounty contract scales to your level, from 15 to 55, providing experience, credits, Commendations, and Reputation with the Bounty Brokers Association.

Game Update 2.4 is also in the pipe and being worked on for an October release. Even though our mantra is smaller more frequent patches this particular update is shaping up to be very big, with tons of new content and big PvP updates especially targeting Ranked play. We’ll start sharing details next month. If you absolutely *have* to glimpse the potential future, enter a Force trance and focus on these key phrases. Oricon. Warzone Arenas. Dread Masters.

This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we are also working on some longer term stuff. As we get closer we’ll have a lot more juicy details on what’s above. Keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information!

and incase anyone was worried that you would have to buy the new flashpoints coming in 2.3, you won't.

I can confirm that you will not be paying an additional charge to get the new Flashpoints. They are a part of the content of Game Update 2.3, which as we have stated in the past, we will not charge for.

-eric

edit: finally it didnt delete my post when i hit submit. took like 3 tries ><

• FruxyFruxy Member Posts: 32

Hello everyone,

My name is Bruce Maclean and I am a Senior Producer here at BioWare Austin. I know there have been a lot of questions around the forums about what kind of content you can expect from us this year and so I’m here today to give you all a bit of information about what we’re working on bringing to you this summer!

First up, Game Update 2.2, which is currently targeted for launch on June 11th:

• New Guild Bonuses! Players in guilds currently receive a +5% experience bonus, but now every 5 active players in the guild will add an additional 1% bonus to XP and reputation, up to a maximum bonus of 10% each.
    • Crafters can now craft Underworld gear! But don’t RE that piece if you are still using it…
    • Unified fleet chat channel for each faction, for easier group finding without having to hop between instances.
    We’ve seen a lot of requests for a rerun of our Double XP weekends. Well, okay! We’d like to help you stay cool in the heat of the summer with three weekends starting June 22nd and continuing through July 7th. The third and last weekend will actually start early on Thursday the 4th of July, in case you are enjoying a long Independence Day weekend.

By July 9th Ops groups will have had four weeks to cut their teeth on Nightmare Mode Terror From Beyond. That’s when we will launch Nightmare Mode Scum and Villainy as a part of Game Update 2.2.2! New mechanics and unique loot for you.

July 23rd look for a return of the Relics of the Gree Event for a nice two week long run. Per community request the Event will scaled up to level 55 on this next run!

August 6th is our target date for Game Update 2.3, which we are working on right now and will be our biggest update since 2.0. Some of the bigger parts of this update are:
    • New Flashpoints
    • New Daily Area
    • New Recurring Event
    • Significant graphical upgrades

Sorry, I am already versed with the usual BS.  Where is the space project?

• Originally posted by Fruxy

Sorry, I am already versed with the usual BS.  Where is the space project?

as they have said, dont expect it anytime soon. back in novemeber they mentioned they were trying a prototype but that is as much as we have heard

as of e3:

Q: SSSP – Super Secret Space Project?

A: We never should have talked about it. Now it just sounds we are mean to you guys by not talking about it. Let me think about it before the meet and greet in 3 days. Let me see if I can give you something about it. Yes it exists and it is something we are doing specifically based on your feedback.

http://dulfy.net/2013/06/10/swtor-patch-2-2-developer-livestream-notes/

cant find anything from the meet and greet so either no one has posted about any info from there or there wasnt any

• another update to the road map with a better idea of whats coming in 2.4

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6555457#edit6555457

BruceMaclean

Hello everyone!

Here is a fresh update on where we are at in terms of hitting our schedules for the Summer of SWTOR, and a recap of all the exciting things we have in the works for the months ahead. The usual disclaimer applies that all of the below dates are the dates the teams are shooting for. As you saw with Game Update 2.2.2 which had to be moved back by one day, it’s entirely possible these will move!

On July 23rd look for a return of the Relics of the Gree Event for a two week long run:
    Per community request the event will scale up to level 55 on this next run, including better loot rewards, commendations, and achievements
    Possible drops include a new Sphere Transport Enclosure vehicle

August 6th is still looking good for Game Update 2.3:
    Players can look forward to the namesake of this update, Titans of Industry – a story arc that encompasses two new Flashpoints at level 55: Czerka Corporate Labs, and Czerka Core Meltdown. CZ-198 is a major weapons research and development facility under the direction of a power-mad Czerka Corporation scientist named Rasmus Blys. In addition to two Flashpoints where players will confront Rasmus and his creations, CZ-198 offers new daily missions for players looking to earn credits, commendations, and reputation rewards. The new Flashpoints are available in both story mode and hard mode. In order to ensure you can jump right into the action, we’re trying something new. The story modes for the new Czerka Flashpoints are role-neutral, which means Group Finder will match you with the first three players it finds, regardless of your group role. Hard mode will of course require a fully balanced group, offering new challenges for you and your friends at level 55. CZ-198 offers some great new reputation rewards, including new Czerka adaptive gear, mini-pets, some incredibly powerful new droid companion gear and schematics, and the Czerka Executive Cruiser – a luxury landspeeder that oozes style. Also in 2.3 we are introducing the new Companion Character Treek, a deadly and resourceful killer who also happens to be an Ewok.

August 13th is our target date for our next all new event: Bounty Contract Week!
    Bounty Contract Week provides new missions with full voice-over that will take you on a hunt for high-value bounty targets across the galaxy. Each bounty contract scales to your level, from 15 to 55, providing experience, credits, commendations, and reputation with the Bounty Brokers Association. Players will have opportunities to interrogate informants, make dark and light side decisions, and kill or capture their ultimate target. Each time you take a contract, it has a chance to play out a little differently, depending on the information you gather during your hunt. Once you’ve completed enough contracts, you can accept even more dangerous missions to take down notorious crime Kingpins! Rewards include a new mount, new adaptive gear, and a unique companion customization for HK-51! Completing bounty contracts can also earn you achievements which unlock special legacy titles, and even Cartel Coins! Bounty Contract Week is a monthly event, so if you miss it the first time, don’t worry – it will return next month!

October 1 is our target for Game Update 2.4! This update is shaping up to be very big:
    The Planet Oricon, a short story arc that will bring you face-to-face with the Dread Masters.
    New Operation: Dread Fortress
    New Operation: Dread Palace
    New 4v4 Warzone Arenas
    New Elder Game PvE and PvP Gear

This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we are also working on several longer term initiatives. As we get closer we’ll have a lot more juicy details on these and on what’s above. Keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information!

EricMusco

Hey guys,

I am getting that some of you are frustrated that there are also Operations coming in 2.4 as a PvP player. This is in no way taking away from the content you are getting. It just means that on top of being an update with PvP content, it also has PvE content in it as well. It is just a bigger update for everyone!

To specifically address some of the concerns I am seeing in the thread. First, the 4v4 Warzone Arenas are not scaled down versions of the current 8v8 maps. They are a brand new Warzone type (deathmatch) on their own brand new maps! Note: Plural! You will see more than one map at launch.

As some have said, this is not the only thing coming in 2.4. We have stated before in this thread the purpose of this is to give you an overview, it does not have every detail. Some of your other concerns...such as queuing for Ranked, will be addressed along with 2.4. We are still working on details and 2.4 is still a ways off. We will continue to release information as we lock things in.

I want to add on a personal note that one of the things I have enjoyed most over the past month or two at work is our twice a week Warzone Arena playtests. I am someone who primarily PvPs when I play SWTOR and they are so, so much fun. I cannot wait for you guys to get your hands on them!

-eric