Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's happened to me!

WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

I used to be a good raider in many character controlled games.

I used to be a reasonable pvp'r in character controlled games.

And now I cannot believe that I sit here and actually select the train mining skill in EVE in the dream that one day I may choose to fly an Orca, enjoying the solitude of virtual space. 

Comments

• JowenJowen Member Posts: 326
    FYI: You do no longer need mining skills to fly an Orca.
  • WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Originally posted by Jowen

True, but I would need strip lasers I think.

Will probably just float about in a t1 barge for a while.

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    Originally posted by Wicoa

True, but I would need strip lasers I think.

Will probably just float about in a t1 barge for a while.

Nope no strippers :) hookers for the boredom of Orca flying

Your thing that you will need is the leadership skill Mining Director (think its 4 iirc) then of course you will need the various booster skills for the top slots.

Of course having orca & mining is popular, myself i never get it, of course if your  a solo player makes sense, then you can just undock and mine a bit, and not be restricted to fleet only operations with orca

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• JowenJowen Member Posts: 326
    As an Orca cannot fit any mining lasers themselves, they are little fun to go mining in on your own in. On the contrary, are  they great for supporting a mining fleet. If you really want to mine alone in an Orca it has to be through mining drones.
    As an Orca cannot fit any mining lasers themselves, they are little fun to go mining in on your own in. On the contrary, are  they great for supporting a mining fleet. If you really want to mine alone in an Orca it has to be through mining drones.

oops, missed out the bit that should of said about undocking in a hulk :)

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

Might try an join an all round corp, so I can mine and do some pvp.
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    I started out with mining a long time ago. Now, I let others do it for me :).

im a t2 builder, whilst i have maxed out orca/mining pilots i can't remember the last time i mined (apart from fact under wardec atm lol)

But generally i place 2-3 jump wide buy orders at low prices and let either mission runners or desperate miners fill me up Þ

• DeathWolf2uDeathWolf2u Member Posts: 291

I'm just curious but how did the current players of EVE get past the p!ss poor HUD and keyboard controls to play this title?

I tried EVE when it first came out then years later via a free trial and the HUD and keyboard controls are still very bad, never improved.

Not looking for easy controls was hoping they revamped the HUD and keyboard bindings into what they should be for a space mmo. It's a shame they never made the control scheme like 'Freelancer' or other such great games like that.

Originally posted by DeathWolf2u

I'm just curious but how did the current players of EVE get past the p!ss poor HUD and keyboard controls to play this title?

I tried EVE when it first came out then years later via a free trial and the HUD and keyboard controls are still very bad, never improved.

Not looking for easy controls was hoping they revamped the HUD and keyboard bindings into what they should be for a space mmo. It's a shame they never made the control scheme like 'Freelancer' or other such great games like that.

I never really thought about it as I don't see it as that bad I guess.

Originally posted by DeathWolf2u

Gotta say never used keyboard all mouse controlled.

But apart from the physical movement what other keys do you need, yes you can control your active mods from keyboard, and this all depends on what is slotted where.

but in terms of the hud what else do you need... It shows Shield/Armor/Hull and then mods :) in fact it is one of the tidiest in mmo land that doesn't need mods to move things about :)

but saying that i have always had the complete minimalistic look to any hud ive used

• DeathWolf2uDeathWolf2u Member Posts: 291

Sorry I should of wrote out better what I was trying to get across. I wasn't trying to belittle the current players or putting EVE down. I could of used better terminology instead of the words I chose, my bad.

I'm a huge sci/fi space game fanatic and I really wanted to get into EVE when it first released and give it another go years later.

For me I'm used to a layout like 'Freelancer' which I stated earlier. 'Black Prophecy' has an excellent HUD and mouse/keyboard layout as well. I know it's my hangup because EVE has a large subscription base so I was looking for feedback to see if there was anyone playing EVE that is like me who found a way to better navigate around and control their ship. Someone already summed it up for me that they put all ship control into their mouse which is nice.

As far as the HUD I thought in my opinion it was very messy with too much garbage all over the place. Yes there were some important displays in the HUD that are there but from what I can remember there was alot of unneeded info.

Anyways was probing because I might give EVE a third chance again and use the best control scheme I can use that some current players are using.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Wicoa

I used to be a good raider in many character controlled games.

I used to be a reasonable pvp'r in character controlled games.

And now I cannot believe that I sit here and actually select the train mining skill in EVE in the dream that one day I may choose to fly an Orca, enjoying the solitude of virtual space. 

Ya, exacly my story.

I started out by switching the green button off and i learned, it is expensive so i needed money and far more time to train the required skills.

Now, some Industry V later, i got a Retriver and set 4 colonies, going full production.

It will be some time more before i went 0zerk again ^^