Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF some good games

slygamer1979slygamer1979 Member UncommonPosts: 101

I just had a friend build me a high end gaming computer after i bought the parts and all now my problem is i need some interesting games my current steam are these. which i'm kinda burned out on. so not looking to buy games i already own.

pc-

Dead Island

Dead Island Riptide

Skyrim

Far Cry 3

Left 4 Dead 2

Witcher 1 & 2

Xcom's enemy unknown

ps3-

borderlands 1 & 2

Dragon Age:Origins,awakening,DA2

Dragon's Dogma

Mass Effect 1,2,3

i started playing Neverwinter online abit

I enjoy FPS, RPG, action,adventure, open world so i have a pretty wide taste in gaming

Comments

• OtasuOtasu Member Posts: 4

I'll go for Farcry for me, Blood Dragon is the combination of everything that should be included in DLC. This is a nutty, hilarious shooter you deserve to play and will make you wonder why the whole of Far Cry 3 wasn't like this.

+Hilarious dialogue and reverent tone +Taming blood dragons +Awesome weapons/upgrades +Amazing soundtrack +Looks absolutely amazing on it's highest graphical settings +Bang for your buck: You'll get around 10-15 hours out of the game if you do all the missions and find all the collectibles. –Little stealth support -AI can have bad pathfinding and changes from amazingly smart to really dumb –Easy on even the Hardest difficulty -Need's patching as it has a habit of dropping the framerate on PC

• CelerionCelerion Member Posts: 30

Sorry, I'm not entirely sure what you are asking here.  If you are looking for other games to try, [on the PC side] I do enjoy Allods Online and while I have not yet played it, I do hear allot of great things about Guild Wars 2 which was not on your list.   

I think allot of the recommendations could be given easier with some criteria of what you are looking for in some new games.   Allods Online has great graphics for a PC game, action combat seems to be decent and if you can work your way thru the beginning with a new character, it is a fun game.  The one negative I have about it thou, is that allot of the game at least at the start is the standard questing (go here, find this.  Collect this, bring it back.  Deliver this), although you are still able to explore and are not locked down to one path of quests.   Character customization is good, love the mounts they have, and for a FTP PC game the graphics are very good imo.

Being someone who more enjoys exploring and combat built within the process, having quests that are either the above [standard collection] or require me to craft items or learn how to make items is not my favorite because I am what might be considered an "anti-crafter", disliking anything more than very basic crafting systems if any at all.

Check out Allods Online if you haven't already, check out GW2.   If you have specific qualities/components you are looking for in games, it might help limit the suggestions and make them more of what you are looking for.

Celerion

Celerion
    Contact me on Twitter @IAMCelerion and chat.

• Whiplash931Whiplash931 Member Posts: 36
    Originally posted by Celerion

Sorry, I'm not entirely sure what you are asking here.  If you are looking for other games to try, [on the PC side] I do enjoy Allods Online and while I have not yet played it, I do hear allot of great things about Guild Wars 2 which was not on your list.   

I think allot of the recommendations could be given easier with some criteria of what you are looking for in some new games.   Allods Online has great graphics for a PC game, action combat seems to be decent and if you can work your way thru the beginning with a new character, it is a fun game.  The one negative I have about it thou, is that allot of the game at least at the start is the standard questing (go here, find this.  Collect this, bring it back.  Deliver this), although you are still able to explore and are not locked down to one path of quests.   Character customization is good, love the mounts they have, and for a FTP PC game the graphics are very good imo.

Being someone who more enjoys exploring and combat built within the process, having quests that are either the above [standard collection] or require me to craft items or learn how to make items is not my favorite because I am what might be considered an "anti-crafter", disliking anything more than very basic crafting systems if any at all.

Check out Allods Online if you haven't already, check out GW2.   If you have specific qualities/components you are looking for in games, it might help limit the suggestions and make them more of what you are looking for.

Celerion

Do not listen to this fruitcake ALLODS IS COMPLETE SHIT.  If you are looking for some great games to test your new pc on I would recommend Metro:2033 and Metro Last Light. The story is amazing  and they really immerse you in the game world. I wouldn't recommend GW2 either, its fun at first but gets boring later on. Currently all MMO's out atm do not interest me because they are very bland. I am looking forward to Wildstar and possibly even Elder Scrolls Online if they keep on the right path.  

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Monaco
    Hotline Miami
    Torchlight 2
    Originally posted by Whiplash931

Do not listen to this fruitcake ALLODS IS COMPLETE SHIT.  If you are looking for some great games to test your new pc on I would recommend Metro:2033 and Metro Last Light. The story is amazing  and they really immerse you in the game world. I wouldn't recommend GW2 either, its fun at first but gets boring later on. Currently all MMO's out atm do not interest me because they are very bland. I am looking forward to Wildstar and possibly even Elder Scrolls Online if they keep on the right path.  

I'll have to give those two games a try.  Haven't heard of them before but will take a look at them.    Don't want to try to form an opinion on a game before I give it a try.    They sound like neat games.    

I do wish Allods had a more developed Item Mall with more item options but for a FTP PC game, its graphics are quite good.     Haven't given Guild Wars 2 a try yet however 3 million copies sold suggests it is a decent and reasonably enjoyable game.   Have heard that both Wildstar and Elder Scrolls Online are fun games as well.

Celerion

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Dishonered

Bioshock infinite

Van Helsing

Crysis 3

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    Originally posted by Whiplash931

I'll have to give those two games a try.  Haven't heard of them before but will take a look at them.    Don't want to try to form an opinion on a game before I give it a try.    They sound like neat games.    

I do wish Allods had a more developed Item Mall with more item options but for a FTP PC game, its graphics are quite good.     Haven't given Guild Wars 2 a try yet however 3 million copies sold suggests it is a decent and reasonably enjoyable game.   Have heard that both Wildstar and Elder Scrolls Online are fun games as well.

Nobody knows if ESO is fun game NOBODY have played it yet and if you played SKYRIM then dont exspect ESO be same 2 completely different games.

Wildstar is like allods online just clones of WoW with lower budgets.

• deveilbladdeveilblad Member UncommonPosts: 193
    Have heard that both Wildstar and Elder Scrolls Online are fun games as well.

But those are not out yet. ESO comes out in Srping 2014 and Wildstar, we don't even know... Hell, there is still two classes are two races not even shown ( so not tested lol )

Originally posted by deveilblad
    But those are not out yet. ESO comes out in Spring 2014 and Wildstar, we don't even know... Hell, there is still two classes are two races not even shown ( so not tested lol )

My mistake.  Was under the impression they had, but to be perfectly honest I didn't look too far into it.  Was just stating a couple games I have heard good things about.  

Still looking for a little more info about what the original poster is looking for.  Did I miss a post with clarification on what he is wanting?

Celerion

• slygamer1979slygamer1979 Member UncommonPosts: 101

I'm still shopping around on different types of games 

currently renting games through gamefly to get caught up on my backlog