Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which class?

Hello, i'm just about to dust off the old vanguard case and reinstall it. I cant figure out which class id like to play, I like the sound of most of them and am willing to give any ago. What classes could vanguard do with more of?

Thanks.

Comments

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121
    Back in the day Rogues were plenty, now you'll rarely see em around. It's quite hard to level one up of you plan to solo a lot, but if you can get groups going then it should be fairly easy. IMO Rogues are the highest dps class for melee (like sorcerers for caster). Monks are burst dps (like druids for caster). There are plenty of people playing all the other classes, so if you want to play a class not a lot of people play its definitely the Rogues.
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Rogue ? Back in what day ? I've never seen many Rogues in Vanguard. There has been a lack of Rogues since the very start.

The general advice is that you should play whatever you like. There isnt really a shortage of any specific class.

• DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371

yep play what you like, if you like to control hate and get hit alot be a tank. If you wanna fight up close and personal go for a DD class, if you wanna stand back and cast spells than be a mage. It's really up to you, think which type of play you would enjoy then go from there.

I personally wanted to be a tank, used to be a healer for years, and i felt like a change was due. I love tanking as a paliden :) hopefully at higher levels i'll actually hold hate offa monk class..... had that problem with another mmo in the past, they do so much damage.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Assuming same skill level and same gear level, you'll even be able to hold aggro against Disciples.
  • ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    All of them.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by zoinx

Hello, i'm just about to dust off the old vanguard case and reinstall it. I cant figure out which class id like to play, I like the sound of most of them and am willing to give any ago. What classes could vanguard do with more of?

Thanks.

There are plenty of players of all classes. Play whatever you like the feel of.

IMO you are doing yourself a massive disservice if you don't play a Disciple. It is the best class in any MMO I have played :)

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Try many of them.Blood mage is one that can be a challenge to play and is very deadly.

Play what's the most fun for YOU.