Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So how well with Dust 514 Hold up on the PS4 with Planetside 2 in its shadow?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Dust 514 has been hyped up to be this major MMO-FPS game for the Sony Platform (PS3/PS4), yet seems more like a Resistance 1 shooter with cross platform communication.

It has very small scale for a MMO. Only 32 players a fight. So you can never interact with more than 31 other players at a time. Some MMO.

But here comes Planetside 2 to the PS4 in Dust 514's shadow. A real MMO-FPS with an actual game world map and 1900 players to interact with at a time. 

Also to add. Still not 100% Official, but Battlefield 4 may also bring over the PC's version of multiplayer to the Consoles. So thats 64 player battle wars!!!!

How can Dust 514 with just 32 players, and below avg game modes, hold up to these big FPS shooters in its shadow?

Only way I can see CCP pulling it off beyond the niche is, by making a new Dust 514 for the PS4 that exceeds the current Dust 514 model in every way.

Larger Battles, and more feel for the travel and world. Bring more massively multiplayer interaction. More game modes. Larger maps to explore and fight over. More Vehicles. again, more ways to play.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    If dust is only 32 players then its almost no comparison between the two games in my opinion. They are completely different animals.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

There is no competition.

Dust will be around as long as EVE is around. Will it be where the cool kids hang out? Is EVE?

We are the Addams Family of the MMO community. We are New Eden.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

well, DUST 514 was imagined as addon game for EVE online... it's for those players who'd like to engage in realy planetary warzones and own the worlds for their corporation or themselves and all that on the same server with EVE players.

I guess DUST isn't in the brackets with PS2.

also, I think PS2 sucks... you either stumble upon a zerg fest and you just shoot the hell out of your gun in hope you'll kill someone or you don't and you get bored as hell while opponents are smashing your ass on the ground...

it just gets boring way too fast because there's nothing to do in that game besides walking up a point and shooting xD

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------