Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ressurection of Richard's Garriott Tabula Rasa

2»

Comments

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Signed. 719 now :)
  • JaknifeJaknife Member Posts: 51

Still won't happen though.

Been going since 18th May, and still only got 719 signatures on it.

Until there is a huge amount on there, nothing will happen.

It's been 20 days already, and got less than 1k.

And that is with now 4 threads on here, trying to get names on there.

• mrrshann618mrrshann618 Member UncommonPosts: 279

I only just heard about it a while ago. I followed Infinite Rasa and somehow this slipped under my radar. Now that it is being posted about, and it is getting face time I've noticed my 206 from like 3 days ago has one up tremendously.

On a side note. I did not use xfire, chances are you are not gonna find me on any of those lists and I would love to see this back.

Play what you Like. I like SWOTR, Have a referral to get you going!
    -->  http://www.swtor.com/r/nBndbs  <--
    Several Unlocks and a few days game time to make the F2P considerably easier
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    This is a game I wanted to try and never did. Since I missed out on trying it I have made it a point to try any MMO that I think might be interesting. They close to quick sometimes.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354

I played and loved the game despite it's problems. I signed the petition because I dream of it returning(even though the entire game is dated, gameplay, systems, graphics, etc). I know there is ZERO chance of this coming back but I support the efforts to keep it's memory alive. I also think it would be a miracle if this petition garnered even 10k signatures. It might have been a mistake to make the goal 100k, but in the end it doesn't matter. There are legal injunctions in place against the game assets. The code may actually be lost and finally, it wouldn't be profitable. The market is already over saturated with MMORPG's and especially SCI-Fi ones.

And finally, you can't tell people not to express their negative opinions in this thread. You do not own this thread. The only control you have is the power over the original post(lock thread, edit your words, etc). The thread belongs to MMORPG and is policed by it's moderators. Furthermore, by definition, a forum is "a medium (as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas"(Merriam-Webster). If you want to control the flow of discussion you need to create your own website or forum and host this conversation there.

• ClawhammerClawhammer Member Posts: 16

Petitioin count as of Wed. 12. June 2013 CET: 12:20. Signed -->>  1146

• BrucyBonusBrucyBonus Member Posts: 220
    I enjoyed this game at the time and was surprised when it was prematurely shut down; but I don't know if I would go back to it now; there are just better alternatives out there.  
    Originally posted by BrucyBonus
    I enjoyed this game at the time and was surprised when it was prematurely shut down; but I don't know if I would go back to it now; there are just better alternatives out there.  

LOL what alternatives are there ???

go the trekkie way ?? 

all i have seen is nothing to compare the feeling that you are a human survivor going to be a soldier with Eloh super powers.

and stil the graphics are still great.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    I pray this gets enough.  I would love to play again.  The PvP was fun and the game had many cool puzzles and challenges.  I could also log on and out with little time spent and feel like I made progress or accomplishments.  I can't wait and will be praying this flys. Still got my Collectors Edition too.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511
    Made a personal server myself just to check the game few years back. I dig :) Got lazy and deleted the sources so this time I'm supporting the petition ^_^ 
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Originally posted by huskie77

I played and loved the game despite it's problems. I signed the petition because I dream of it returning(even though the entire game is dated, gameplay, systems, graphics, etc). I know there is ZERO chance of this coming back but I support the efforts to keep it's memory alive. I also think it would be a miracle if this petition garnered even 10k signatures. It might have been a mistake to make the goal 100k, but in the end it doesn't matter. There are legal injunctions in place against the game assets. The code may actually be lost and finally, it wouldn't be profitable. The market is already over saturated with MMORPG's and especially SCI-Fi ones.

And finally, you can't tell people not to express their negative opinions in this thread. You do not own this thread. The only control you have is the power over the original post(lock thread, edit your words, etc). The thread belongs to MMORPG and is policed by it's moderators. Furthermore, by definition, a forum is "a medium (as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas"(Merriam-Webster). If you want to control the flow of discussion you need to create your own website or forum and host this conversation there.

That is crazy talk, dated? It has more and cooler features than half the crap released in the last year.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511

https://github.com/InfiniteRasa 

^_^ - this is not my source though. I take no credit in making this :U 

Now the count is 1200, Keep the signings flowing In.

Great to see players still havent forgotten this great game, s we need MORE. Still though tell all you know to sign up this petition, i have done it.

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

I loved Tabula Rasa. It was way more dynamic than any other supposed dynamic MMO that has since been released.

The AI actually had...AI...the only MMO that actually had AI

The AI would take over towns, players would have to fight them back. If they failed, they'd have to retake the town. It wouldn't despawn or anything stupid. It was sorta zerg-like if I recall, but the AI would zerg as well...so that balanced it out.

The AI would fly in from ships, and not jump out by the hundreds out of a tiny car or house.

Far better than any other MMO that has been released recently (at least ones that focus on PvE), and WAY more dynamic as mentioned. The supposed dynamic MMOs are just on a timer, that people set and then all gather up at whatever boss they are fighting.

Plus the best AI of any MMO.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• BroomyBroomy Member UncommonPosts: 487

TR definitely had its moments that made me stop and just gape at what I was seeing, in particular the game AI.  Brilliant.  I remember trying to sneak up on a strider, I was well out of range.  Its eye swinging around and seeing me, and then it started to backtrack and chase me.  Only Ryzom had such intelligent AI implemented in its mob, TR was similar. 

But that being said, lets remember, the game had no ENDGAME to speak of.  The dungeons were generic crapola, and the itemization was terrible.  But...if it did come back F2P, with a cool store for cosmetic items and vehicles Id check it out for old times sake.  That game had some amazing concepts.  And the best soundtrack!  :)

Current Games: WOW, EVE Online

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    Yeah...no.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

/signed

TR was one of the early games with Dynamic events, and TBH they were a lot cooler than most modern games including GW2. It did an amazing job of actually making a zone feel like a real war. The dungeon instances were actually pretty cool as well.

That said it still had massive negatives:

- Ultra linear

- Very few class skills

- Very grindy

- 0 endgame

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135

If this was such a great fame why did it shut down?

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

Originally posted by Spiider

If this was such a great fame why did it shut down?

Well there is a lot of indications.

1. The crisis

2. Not enough subs ( TR did not make red figures in the account books !! )

3. They sacked Richard Garriott when he was in space quarantine, and he won the court trial and got 24million $, they apealed and he won the secound time and was gived further 4 million $.

4.. ncsoft still had Dungen Runner online for further 2 years after TR was shut down and it was a F2P game ?

5. some say that Guild Wars developer arenanet had so many shares that they obstruckted TR, and RG so they where the only us based at that time development team. ????

Either way or in my term, I dont rive a shit. ncsoft let other games keep up despite they where not giving any revenue at all, and TR did.

ALL I CARE ABOUT IS GETTING TR BACK end of story.

TR IS FOREVER BABY.

Originally posted by Nihilist

/signed

That said it still had massive negatives:

- Very grindy

- 0 endgame

Hmm

very grindy ??? funny you have said that, i still can remember a french guy not doing any missions at all he just went on and shot mobs.

Here you can see it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p5_NFQinNc

well its because you do not know that they actually had plans for exansions for TR. there are a mothership orbiting all 3 planets we played on right ?

goal 1 free the planet, then take out the mothership.

If you dont remember that the story starts up telling you that the BANE have enslaves and tanken countless planets, so you can count on that endgame was not the 50 levels that we had.

Do you remember the EPIC banes around what was the highest level they had ?

Now the count is u at over 1300..

to all THANKS, keep up the signing flow, and keep up telling everyone about the Petition.....