Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

f2p.. p2w?

MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

Hey guys,

I bought APB when it was released. It went down few months after and I wasted my money.

AFAIK users who purcashed the game back then has no benefits from the purchase right?

How much value do you get for free?

Comments

• BeadmanBeadman Member UncommonPosts: 154

There was a time when they were transferring old characters to the new servers but I think that is done with. It is worth looking at again as the F2P model is the best I have experienced, which isn't to say that I have tried them all but to just say that it is good.

If you or anyone else needs someone to show you the ropes then join Colby (US West) and add me, DeanGrey, and I will help you out.
  • SiderasSideras Member Posts: 231

It's pretty much p2w, but actually quite fun. And if you have a bunch of friends to play with you'll probably outplay the p2w people.

It's worth checking out, I mostly stopped playing because the game was fuck all broken for my friend.

• Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566

I quit shortly after they boosted mission rewards for subscribers and then cut rewards for non subscribers.  I was barely, if even, breaking even on weapon and ammo upkeep.  Players on the losing team would often make significantly more than I would even though I was on the winning team.  That was quite some time ago so it's possible mission rewards have been tweaked.  

I heard they've added a new map so that might be worth checking out.  The game is fun in it's own right, it just gets tiresome when you have to count grenades to make sure you turn a profit when you win.

• anothernameanothername Member UncommonPosts: 200

Last time I played (a few months ago) I managed to get quite successful with the free starter assault rifle & a kevlar vest. More successful than with some of the "p2w" weapons. Big negative side effect: getting kicked from random groups along with "sugestions" of how I might please their genitals because they assumed cheating (Success with a free gun!? Impossible!).

Worst community I encountered so far. Bad enough to be a downer on playing motivation. At least back then; but I do not assume it has become any better.