Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Coming Back?

ARabidPumaARabidPuma Member UncommonPosts: 7

I know this thread is made quite a bit but I'm just going to ask the internet / current players (Yeah, horrible decision, Right?) what they think of the current state of the game.

My top two MMOs ever have been WoW And Maple Story.  Big jump huh? I always go back to one or the other with other MMOs and single player games in between..  I have been playing both on and off since release.  I am currently playing Maple Story and loving it, But I need that open world feel.  I miss just running around messing around.  

So what does the current player base think? I have a level 90 monk, I don't even think he has heroic gear yet, But I'm dying to jump back into the game.  I am currently on Tichondrias? I think that's how you spell it.  Right before I quit I switched form Lightninghoof.  Is there anyone on this site that plays on that server that may accept a returnee into their guild?  Has there big any big changes since, ermm...Maybe November of last year?  

Also, Does anyone have a recommendation  of a certain server?  

Thanks guys!

Comments

• ReliquentReliquent Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Im just going to flat out say it, end game is boring. End game raiding is heavily raid-finder dependant (unless you have a guild that is willing to hold your hand through raids even though you're getting stomped on dps/tank/healing wise.) I bought mists of pandaria and a month subscription after quitting shortly after the Hour of Twilight update, and i really loved it for about 15 days (because i leveled a paladin, thats where Mists of Pandaria really shines, 85-90) but was instantly disapointed when i hit end game because i HAD to farm raid finder gear every single week to get anywhere in just regular 10 man raids. And no, im not ranting out Blizzard, im just saying consider saving for 15 bucks for maplestory if you enjoy it enough. Because odds are (unless you have a bunch of guildies that you are able to raid with every single week) you will probably just unsub after another month. Also, how is maplestory these days? I used to play it like 5 years ago and i loved it, i just grew up (i always thought it was sort of a childish game.)
  • ARabidPumaARabidPuma Member UncommonPosts: 7
    I love it. I will admit it does seem l like a child's game but there are aspects that children wouldn't get. there are so many classes now and so many new places that I've yet to discover. soon they are raising the level cap and adding fifth job classes.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Reliquent
    Im just going to flat out say it, end game is boring. End game raiding is heavily raid-finder dependant (unless you have a guild that is willing to hold your hand through raids even though you're getting stomped on dps/tank/healing wise.) I bought mists of pandaria and a month subscription after quitting shortly after the Hour of Twilight update, and i really loved it for about 15 days (because i leveled a paladin, thats where Mists of Pandaria really shines, 85-90) but was instantly disapointed when i hit end game because i HAD to farm raid finder gear every single week to get anywhere in just regular 10 man raids. And no, im not ranting out Blizzard, im just saying consider saving for 15 bucks for maplestory if you enjoy it enough. Because odds are (unless you have a bunch of guildies that you are able to raid with every single week) you will probably just unsub after another month. Also, how is maplestory these days? I used to play it like 5 years ago and i loved it, i just grew up (i always thought it was sort of a childish game.)

I agree but it is because we played many MMOs for a long time and just spent too much time raiding (or maybe you just don't enjoy the concept). That does not mean OP wont enjoy it.

My advice to OP is to go for it and put in an add in the "Guilds" thread instead. And if raiding turns out to not be your thing, you can always try out GW2 or maybe an sandbox game instead. A fun guild is really important to enjoy this type of MMO, PUGing raids or being in a bad guild just suck.

Good luck OP :)

• ARabidPumaARabidPuma Member UncommonPosts: 7
    I wish i could have gotten into GW2, but it didn't appeal to me. When I played around halloween time I loved it. I went back not too long ago and I just didn't enjoy myself. I've tried multiple over MMOs. Darkfall, Aion, Tera, Swtor, Rift (played it a while) but I don't miss any of them like I do WoW haha.
  • page975page975 Member Posts: 312
    Originally posted by ARabidPuma
    I wish i could have gotten into GW2, but it didn't appeal to me. When I played around halloween time I loved it. I went back not too long ago and I just didn't enjoy myself. I've tried multiple over MMOs. Darkfall, Aion, Tera, Swtor, Rift (played it a while) but I don't miss any of them like I do WoW haha.

I REALLY miss WoW too. 

But WoW is gone, this crap is not WoW.  This thing can be added to your list of Darkfall,Aion,Tera,SWTOR,Rift.....Maybe it should be renamed something like Panda Kids, but not WoW.

• MajiinXMajiinX Member CommonPosts: 89

I really dislike this expansion and its theme I really enjoyed the more serious tone of BC and WotLK however I'm still greatly enjoy the xpack. I have a sporadic schedule so LFR is a godsend to me. I'm really enjoying PvP, RBGs and Arena are very competitive and you don't have to PvE to get the best gear for PvP.

The best advise I can give you is if you have an itch give it a chance its a great game with a ton of content you might find yourself surprised.