Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why this game will fail... and fail HARD.

124»

Comments

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Originally posted by Squal'Zell

I think people skip over posts or ignore or deny their existence ill put it in caps

"I'm not going to play DUST because it is PS3 Exclusive, and i am a PC player that playes EVE"

DUST'S TARGET AUDIENCE IS NOT AIMED FOR YOU TO BEGIN WITH!

THEY DON'T WANT THE PC CROWD!

Hopefully that is clear enough.

Hows that working out for CCP? 

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803
    Originally posted by Precusor
    Originally posted by Squal'Zell

I think people skip over posts or ignore or deny their existence ill put it in caps

"I'm not going to play DUST because it is PS3 Exclusive, and i am a PC player that playes EVE"

DUST'S TARGET AUDIENCE IS NOT AIMED FOR YOU TO BEGIN WITH!

THEY DON'T WANT THE PC CROWD!

Hopefully that is clear enough.

Hows that working out for CCP? 

Don't know, Don't care, i was just stating what CCP said...

• Dr_ShivinskiDr_Shivinski Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Originally posted by simplius

Theres just so many hurdles here

two VERY competetive , but different player Groups are supposed to be working together as a team

theyre on TOTALLY different  game systems,, alot of tech issues

imagine , two raids in different instances, but still relying on each others success for progression,,flame wars de luxe

cccp are trying to get new customers, to compensate for the PLEX accounts

i seriously doubt, that this will help them much

They don't need to compensate for PLEX accounts. They don't put the PLEX in the game, people buy PLEX from them to sell on the ingame market for quick ISK, we purchase that to pay for our game time. They still get paid either way just some other chump paid my sub fee for me while I played for a whole whopping five hours that month to make the isk to keep the sub up.

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    People saying the game looks bad to me are wrong it runs great and plays perfect for a shooter. I play both PS2 and Dust and both with a controller and they both play really well with it. PS2 to me is good for massive world combat and Dust is my que to fight game that I jump on at least once a week if my sons not hogging the system. But CCP did right to bring an FPS to consoles and link it to EVE this way they get a much larger player base for an FPS and also get more spenders to it as well. I will stick to this and PS2 for my pvp shooters and Defiance and Destiny for my MMO shooters.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by nolic1
    People saying the game looks bad to me are wrong it runs great and plays perfect for a shooter. I play both PS2 and Dust and both with a controller and they both play really well with it. PS2 to me is good for massive world combat and Dust is my que to fight game that I jump on at least once a week if my sons not hogging the system. But CCP did right to bring an FPS to consoles and link it to EVE this way they get a much larger player base for an FPS and also get more spenders to it as well. I will stick to this and PS2 for my pvp shooters and Defiance and Destiny for my MMO shooters.

Playstation's playerbase has no real FPs playerbase.

Competent/serious FPS players generally don't play FPS on Playstation platforms. They play PCs.

CCP entire assumption is wrong (if that is their assumption).

People generally bought Playstation consoles to play stuff like Dance Dance Evolution, Guitar Heroes or Grand Turismos. People who play Dance Dance Evolution, I don't think they care about EVE, lol.

• megaraxmegarax Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

Competent/serious FPS players generally don't play FPS on Playstation platforms. They play PCs.

People generally bought Playstation consoles to play stuff like Dance Dance Evolution, Guitar Heroes or Grand Turismos. People who play Dance Dance Evolution, I don't think they care about EVE, lol.

Not really.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

80% of the PS3 games are FPS games.

• heocatheocat Member UncommonPosts: 178
    I thought you were gonna say "because its $OE LOL

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    This game will likely be like EVE but for console players and if that's CCP's goal it is working to a degree (before anyone says it: when I started playing in 05 the best PCU for EVE-Online was under 20k, just like EVE Dust will grow especially once the PS3 becomes a last gen console and can be as affordable as the last gen iterations of the PS2 were).

Originally posted by Precusor

80% of the PS3 games are FPS games.

80% of ENGLISH PS3 games are FPS games.

Best PS3 games are Japanese or Japanese translated games and hardly any of those are FPS. There are also a lot more of those games than the 80% you mentioned.

Look outside US sometime. It helps.

• megaraxmegarax Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Over 12m copies of MW3 sold worldwide on the PS3. The market for FPS games is quite large on consoles.
  • STD-SkinSTD-Skin Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by granit1024
    Over 12m copies of MW3 sold worldwide on the PS3. The market for FPS games is quite large on consoles.

CoD does not count. 

Besides, you wont keep fps fans around in dust. replacing equipment every time you die will get old fast for most players. also players that have been around longer have a big advantage when it comes to the skill system ingame. That kind of stuff does not work in an FPS, which is based on player skill. this is why it will fail. 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by STD-Skin

CoD does not count. 

Besides, you wont keep fps fans around in dust. replacing equipment every time you die will get old fast for most players. also players that have been around longer have a big advantage when it comes to the skill system ingame. That kind of stuff does not work in an FPS, which is based on player skill. this is why it will fail. 

If it's successful it doesn't count...

As for that last bit if something doesn't work (replacing equipment etc..) they could always change strategy.

Personally I didn't feel the game was unique enough, I think that's what will be it's possible downfall. This is something not easily fixed, especially in a sea of online shooters.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Grand Turismo consistently sold over 10 mil on every single one of it's iteration.

On Playstation 3:

1. Grand Theft Auto 4 (5.6 Million)
    2. Metal Gear Solid 4 (4.75 Million)
    3. Call of Duty 4 (4.3 Million)
    4. Resistance: Fall of Man (4 Million)
    5. Motorstorm (3.9 Million)
    6. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (3.5 Million)
    7. Uncharted Drakes Fortune (2.6 Million)
    8. Killzone 2 (1.5 Million)
    9. Heavenly Sword (1.3 Million)
    10. Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction (1.2 Million)

On this list, only 3 are FPS, with 2 are driving, 4 are TPS, 1 platform. That's not even 1/3 of the overall PS3 population (because you haven't count in cross-platformers there).

Also NONE of the FPS in the above list are exclusively competitive FPS - they all have single player mode and storylines.

Cross Platform:

• Call of Duty 4
    • Grand Theft Auto IV - 13 million (February 2009)[28]
    • Mario & Sonic at the Olympics - 10 million (March 2009)[29]
    • Pro Evolution Soccer - 8.48 million (April 2009)[30]
    • Star Wars The Force Unleashed - 5.7 million (February 2009)[31]
    • Madden NFL 09 - 5.25m (January 2009)[32]
    • FIFA 09 - 5 million (April 2009)[33]
    • Need for Speed Undercover - 5 million (April 2009)[33]
    • Metal Gear Solid 4 - 4.75 million (April 2009)[34]
    • Fallout 3 - 4.7 million (Nov 2008)[35]
    • Shaun White Snowboarding - 3 million (March 2009)[36]
    • Soul Calibur IV - 2.32 million (May 2009)[37]
    • Left 4 Dead - 2.5 million (March 2009)[38]
    • Spore - 2 million (April 2009)[33]
    • DC Comics vs Mortal Kombat - 1.8 million (January 2009)[39]
    • Dead Space - 1.4 million (April 2009)[40]
    • Active Life Outdoor Challenge (April 2009) - 1.03 million[37]
    • Tom Clancy Hawx - 1 million shipped (March 2009)[41]
    • We Ski - nearly 1 million (April 2009)[37]
    • Ghostbusters (July 2009)[42]

Only ONE is FPS.

With FPS:

1.Halo 3 (15 million)

2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (14.7 million)

3. Half-Life (9.3 million)

4. Halo 2 (8 million)

5. GoldenEye 007 (8 million)

6. Half-Life 2 (6.5 million)

Possible future inclusions
    • Gears of War (4.7 million,[23] may include PC version)
    • Gears of War 2 (3 million)

Out of that list, NONE of the those franchise are exclusively PS3. They ALL are bastard childen of PC games.

So that proves 2 things:

1. MW is a freak of nature

2. FPS population in PS3 is actually quite small, and DUST 514 is even MORE niche on top of that because it doesn't have single player mode and is a competitive FPS (all the other ones that sell well, does, or even single player/co-op ONLY)

So when you quote your little fact next time, it pays to look at the whole picture. I'm sure out of context facts serves you very well but it is NOT truth.

• RewhymoRewhymo Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by hfztt

You realise that my sons of 8 and 10 are headshooting you in PS2 playing as a group right now? If they can figure that out, they sure as hell can also figure out DUST 514.

You underestimate what level of complexity the young generation can handle.

This right here, this is the very reason why kids these days learn to say " I FUCKED YOUR MOTHER LAST NIGHT FAGGOT" faster then they learn basic common courtesy. Its not the games being violent its the dumb fucking parents letting their kids play games that arent rated for them and even more allowing them to go online. 

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Letting them play games rater older than their age is a problem, yes, letting them go online unsupervised again is an issue but if it is supervised then it is ok.

• RewhymoRewhymo Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by fascism
    Originally posted by Rewhymo
    Originally posted by hfztt

You realise that my sons of 8 and 10 are headshooting you in PS2 playing as a group right now? If they can figure that out, they sure as hell can also figure out DUST 514.

You underestimate what level of complexity the young generation can handle.

This right here, this is the very reason why kids these days learn to say " I FUCKED YOUR MOTHER LAST NIGHT FAGGOT" faster then they learn basic common courtesy. Its not the games being violent its the dumb fucking parents letting their kids play games that arent rated for them and even more allowing them to go online. 

sound like u mad because u bad, get good insted talking shit abut little kid that is better then u loser

"facepalm"  you completely missed the point. 

I went this way to make a valid point that's truly plaguing the gaming community and you came around and went full retard, assuming that i actually care about score or skill in a video game, where you could be the #1 in the ladder board and it still means shit in the real world. 

You see i play a game called arma 3 with a very mature group. 21 plus of age only. we kick the ass hats like fascism here simply cause kids like him are perpetually stuck in full retard. In this community to brag about skill or score is actually frowned apon. Communication is the only thing we push for. skill builds over time score, well like i said we dont give a shit about score.

This discussion has been closed.