Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A sign of desperation?

terroniterroni Member Posts: 935

For the low low price of $600 dollars you can get your own ferret as a bonus

http://www.ageofwushu.com/static/in_aow_ferret_event/

They've also been running an event to get 10,000 likes on Facebook. They aren't getting said likes.

We all know it's a niche game, but it's looking bleak.

It also appears from their interview with Massively that they are focusing their resources on Black Gold.

Drop the next-gen marketing and people will argue if the game itself has merit.

Comments

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

For a low price of 600....

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

slowly its going pay to win :)

this pet recover your flying points

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

I've heard about the pets that grant flying points a while back when I first started playing. I did not know there were going to tbe $600 though.

If that's true then I have nothing to really say. The writting is on the wall with this game,  smh. Such a fun game being ruined by much of the bullshit that Snail Games is on. To ask people for that type of money especially in the current version of AoW here in NA, would be highway robbery BrrrHaaaa..

They don't deserve anything like that from the consumers over here. The lack of customer support, they're still lacking on any meaningful updates to the client, and the botting / goldselling / and now illegal account selling is so rampant, that no one here or anywhere else can really defend how Snail Games is fighting against them, because they aren't doing a damn thing about them.

After reading the article over at massively.com with the CEO of Snail Game Shi Hai; it gives you an even better impression on the types of tinted shades these dudes are wearing.

The one question and answer that particularly rubbed me the wrong way..

Q: On the community boards there have been talks about GM tickets that have not been resolved, a lot of localization problems such as poor translations, and general customer service problems. How do you believe Snail Games is going to address those problems with the recent downsizing of the company?

A: We are creating a system for players to control who they see in the game so they have a customizeable black list. They don't have to wait for customer service to respond. Age of Wushu has a very Eastern culture. It's very difficult especially for the Chinese terms to be properly translated or localized here in the US. We will do the best we can, but it's very difficult to reach our ideal standard. That doesn't mean we won't try; we'll still try to fix everything and make localization as best as possible. With Black Gold, the localization will be a little higher than Age of Wushu. We needed to have a staff adjustment to meet our future goals for our mobile game platform project coming as well as future projects.

This dudes response is pure bullshit. Customers don't need to wait on GM's to resolve these things? Bullshit yo, reporting does nothing. The person / bot is not automatically removed after so many blacklist. It's just less people will be seeing there spam now cause they've been blacklisted.  Even so the bots will remain in game for weeks upon weeks after reporting. Going to their forums to ask for Customer Service or GM response gets the thread locked; for Snail Forum Mods have stated on several occasions (Basically every time a thread is made with complaints) that it is a violation of the forum rules and the thread will be locked. On most occassions with no type of answer and a referal to contact them through other channels that garner no better of a solution, if at all..

This is not something that's completely isolated to Age of Wushu or Snail Games, but it still doesn't make it any less full of horse manuer just because "everyone is doing it"..

I'm sorry but it stinks really bad over at AoW and has for some time, the pungent odor will only be subverted more if they intend to sell items with pricetags nearing the price of an XBox One. You'd be better off getting the XBox One playas' and at this times that's saying alot..

My gracious....

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Yeah, I agree pretty lame. Only an idiot would buy it imo. It's damn near worthless. 

It will sell in game for about 25D. Even though I could afford it, I wouldn't even consider buying it. Heck if I wanted to increase fly skill regain while I'm sitting, I'll buy the begger 3rd internal for about 700 silver.

At the same time, if there is someone out there that will pay, good for them? Imagine if a pet in WoW allowed you to gain mana faster while eating food... 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Only way I could begin to give this Ferret thing a break is if it was permanant. If it's another 30 days item then I'm completely flabergasted.

Just a bit of corrective info. The ferret itself is not listed at $600 but using their TOP-UP service for $600 worth of gold will get you the ferret as a VERY SPECIAL SPECIAL DISCOUNT FOR U!!

If the actual cost of the ferret once it goes on the Cash Shop is around the price of some of the items currentty or at least no more than the skills that run for $30-$60 that will help them a bit in this cause.

But since it's the only way to get one currently is looks damn stupid..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Opapanax

Only way I could begin to give this Ferret thing a break is if it was permanant. If it's another 30 days item then I'm completely flabergasted.

Just a bit of corrective info. The ferret itself is not listed at $600 but using their TOP-UP service for $600 worth of gold will get you the ferret as a VERY SPECIAL SPECIAL DISCOUNT FOR U!!

If the actual cost of the ferret once it goes on the Cash Shop is around the price of some of the items currentty or at least no more than the skills that run for $30-$60 that will help them a bit in this cause.

But since it's the only way to get one currently is looks damn stupid..

ooooh that makes a big difference. 

It's a gift for topping up. Actual cost is much less, so about 2D (2k silver) in game.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292

how its P2W if U have sit to use faster regen skill...

pet is perma, in china they were selling white one for 300$ for limited time only, normal one can be bought all time and its few times cheaper

• terroniterroni Member Posts: 935

I don't think the pet bonus is p2w or anything, but it seems unrealistic.

I've always been willing to shell out a little money for any game, and that is why I choose to have VIP. I'd also be willing to pay for a faster mount if it were more reasonable.

They say 10% pays for 90%, but that is because only 10% can justify paying that much. I think if they nudged prices towards the more realistic/justifiable they might see more purchases from a broader group.

Drop the next-gen marketing and people will argue if the game itself has merit.

• GandoresGandores Member UncommonPosts: 55
    if the bonus activate when meditating only, then its all good. no worries
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Originally posted by DMKano

Age of Wushu would do 10x better in the western markets if it weren't for some of the following:

1. Setting - not many western gamers are into the Chinese wuxia setting. If the setting was Camelot or high fantasy it would get far more traction in US and EU.

2. Proper localization - its still a mess

3. Horrible tutorial - you want players to love it not uninstall 

4. Obfuscated systems - nothing wrong with depth, but make it easier to grasp. 

All of the above are just my opinion, there are other issues for other players.

I am one that has no interest in Eastern martial arts style MMO games or settings in that period.  Also, I generally refrain from playing any Eastern game brought to the West because I believe despite translation and adjusting for the western audience, the western players remain second class and really don't get the real game.  I'll stick to Western created games.