Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade: There Is Only WAR

Comments

• MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248
    Heh, would've been more fun if they made Imperial Guard regular troops another Free to Play option. And gave players more than once unit to control at a time, however, that would again cause major trouble without... lets say, MMO-moldbreaking mechanics.

We?re all dead, just say it.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!!... ^^  From what I've seen, it looks like fun. Lets see how it plays.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Freemium + Fps .. skeptical hippo.
  • DKKOberonDKKOberon Member Posts: 75
    Originally posted by Vlacke

The fact that you have to pay in order to play a Space Marine in a WH40k "free to play" MMO is somewhat hilarious.

Ork Boyz, seriously?

someone has to pay the bills. or no one gets to play the game. TANSTAAFL!!

• stori11stori11 Member Posts: 26

Don't whine about limited f2p access, its a game, a business, not a god damn charity. These people don't spend months working deadlines so that you can download the game, check out all the content for free and say meh, fuck it, ill go play something else. 

You people have some ridiculous expectations. Its free, quit whining. And don't be so god damn cheap, how much might access to space marines cost? 10 dollars? The price of a few cola cans or a few bags of chips? Come on, get serious.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

I love the warhammer lore/settings/books/games etc. Fantasy and 40K both. When I read the headlines of this article I was shocked...amazed...super elated! After reading though...meh.

It's too far out to make anything other than a passing comment but what was out lined in this article has made me start off with a bad feeling.

I always pay for a sub /patron /whatever they want to call it so the limit to the Ork race isn't applicable but 'something' makes me wonder. Can't say for sure what it is.

In any event, too early to pass judgment. I'll keep an eye on it because it is Warhammer but a lukewarm one, at least until more starts to churn out.

• TheodwulfTheodwulf Member UncommonPosts: 311
    This has my interest... Dark Angels are my favorite chapter
  • mari3kmari3k Member Posts: 135

EEEEEEEPPPPPIIIIICCCCC !!!

The idea to let the ftp-kids play orc boys is just epic.

Looking forward to this game.

Step in the arena and break the wall down

• irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427
    I am glad they are adding ork boyz for free players to try the game although it be smart if they allow the free players to have a chance to try the premium classes...maybe using a counter allowing them 3 deaths or something per day with a space marine.

I would personally like to stick with orks as their premium class...Nobz da best

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    3rd time lucky I  guess for a good WARHAMMER MMO - don't hold out much hope though,
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Hatefull
    Its been in production for years at this point.

It can't have been in production for years. Up until last year THQ had the rights to a 40k mmo and were working on dark millennium.

• GlenalthWGlenalthW Member Posts: 24

Not a big fan of 40k, but everything in this article sounds perfect for the world.

It will be interesting to see if they get it to actually work that way in 2 years.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Im interested

Gameplay would seal the deal

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    And the cash shop pay to win nightmare continues. 

• mav1234mav1234 Member UncommonPosts: 82
    uhh, this sounds like an awful idea.  this is the very definition of p2w.  what a terrible, terrible idea...
  • JeauseoffJeauseoff Member Posts: 36

It takes 5 Boyz to take down 1 SM?  ~-- CHALLENGE ACCEPTED --~

I gotta say, I liked reading about how they intend to approach the F2P side of the game, let the masses - who most likely won't contribute financially - play as the fodder is, IMO, a briliant idea.  It will give people a chance to try the game and decide if they enjoy the execution of the mechanics, (or if they enjoy being executed...)  And it will fill out the role lore-wise perfectly.

I don't understand why there is SO much whining about balance with this proposed approach.   You're playing the free portion of the game they want you to play.  No where has it ever been written that if the term 'F2P' is used it MUST allow access to ALL content of the game or it is obviously P2W.  Complain about imbalance and label the game P2W when the game shows that it is just that.  When the game starts selling weapons and armor in the cash shop that are better than what can be acquired w/ Req. tokens - by all means grab the torches and pitchforks and burn the game @ the P2W stake.  Until that happens, and based on the info in the article it doesn't look like it will at this point, - just wait for more info before you write off what sounds like is a decent approach to take on a 40K MMO.

The 3 month campaigns sound great.

(/gasp!  OMG there's a point to PVP!  How is this possible??!!)

F2P players aren't on equal footing w/ subbed players.

(APPROVED)

Player-elected chapter leaders - that actually have the power to give orders - and following orders has benefits?!

(That has a LOT of great potential.)

5 faction all out PVP warfare AND some PVE gameplay.

(Also a LOT of potential here.)

Will definitely be interested in following this game's development.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Lol brilliant F2P model, buy the game and you get to cut down endless stream of F2P zerg-boyz. It almost sounds like they are having a laugh at the F2P model while possibly making the game "balance" right in terms of cannon fodder orkz as actual players.

I think bad players will feel like at home playing as fodder orkz anyway, they can just say all their deaths are because the fodder class is so weak in comparison, perfect class to just fool around or legitimately suck :]

Oh well, we'll see how this one turns out, hopefully above average!

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by Kuinn

Lol brilliant F2P model, buy the game and you get to cut down endless stream of F2P zerg-boyz. It almost sounds like they are having a laugh at the F2P model while possibly making the game "balance" right in terms of cannon fodder orkz as actual players.

I think bad players will feel like at home playing as fodder orkz anyway, they can just say all their deaths are because the fodder class is so weak in comparison, perfect class to just fool around or legitimately suck :]

Oh well, we'll see how this one turns out, hopefully above average!

This^^^

Sorry kids, you gotta shell out some cash to play Chaos.  Cause we all know that's what the F2Ps would want to choose.  At least you play Ork Boyz  for Free.  It could of been Snotlings.

For those that are going to stomp off and not play.  Bye.  You have no idea how happy this is going to make the majority of the WH40k fans.  

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

"...plenty of cover mechanics."

Someone's been playing too much Gears of War, since when does a Space Marine or an Ork take cover? Lost interest right there as it's an insult to think either are as weak and pathetic as the soldiers in Gears of War. Run out there with your bolter and chainsword for the Emperor or cower in shame behind cover soiling your armor. There should be an option to purge anyone who takes cover.

To take cover is to admit defeat and to admit defeat is to blaspheme against the Emperor!

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• PiratePetePiratePete Member Posts: 105
    Kinda hope the balance between orks and marines is such that zerg mentality works with Orcs. They always seemed barbaric and crude in their tactics so it would fit if we have more people on Orkz running rampant like village idiots and the pesky humies using their machine guns mowing down the front line. 
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Unshra

"...plenty of cover mechanics."

Someone's been playing too much Gears of War, since when does a Space Marine or an Ork take cover? Lost interest right there as it's an insult to think either are as weak and pathetic as the soldiers in Gears of War. Run out there with your bolter and chainsword for the Emperor or cower in shame behind cover soiling your armor. There should be an option to purge anyone who takes cover.

To take cover is to admit defeat and to admit defeat is to blaspheme against the Emperor!

Smart soldiers take cover and fight many more battles, strong soldiers die and never fight again.

• RaralRaral Member Posts: 12
    i am wondering since chapter master is by vote will Ork warboss be by who is most powerful
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    There is so much fail for this concept it's absurd. This developer truly doesn't understand the gamer mentality. Five Orks to kill one marine?!  Lol, yeah...that'll work out well. Free or not, no one wants to feel weak or gimped. 
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by DKKOberon
    Originally posted by Vlacke

The fact that you have to pay in order to play a Space Marine in a WH40k "free to play" MMO is somewhat hilarious.

Ork Boyz, seriously?

someone has to pay the bills. or no one gets to play the game. TANSTAAFL!!

Well stated.  But way too many people can never understand TANSTAAFL...  Many, *many* problems result from that.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    I love how the lore is tied into the FTP model if you can't afford the price for the race then you shouldn't be playing videogames, you should be going out to get a damn job.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!